Author Topic: Board is slow (not sure if this is right category)  (Read 1749 times)

anoelle771

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Board is slow (not sure if this is right category)
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
I bought a $34 Darkstar skateboard from Walmart because it was the best one I could afford. It doesn’t get very far even when I push off a few times, and the wheels only free spin for about seven seconds. My friend’s boards roll a lot farther with one push. Any ideas how I can improve it cheap?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Board is slow (not sure if this is right category)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 04:53:36 PM »
Sprinkle some crack rocks on it, ( just kidding)o dunno maybe buy some soft 54s and put them on (wheels, like ricta clouds or whatever else soft and not to big.  Once you get better get hard wheels.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 03:34:31 AM »
I bought a $34 Darkstar skateboard from Walmart because it was the best one I could afford. It doesn’t get very far even when I push off a few times, and the wheels only free spin for about seven seconds. My friend’s boards roll a lot farther with one push. Any ideas how I can improve it cheap?
you should have gone for the 48$ mongoose you fuckhead.
Oh by the way, get the fuck outta here
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
wheels wont necessarily increase speed, its probably your bearings. not suprised from this low quality from a walmart board tho. Take your bearings out of the wheels, soak them in a bowl of citrus cleaner bearing balls facing down (NO HARSH CHEMICAL OR WATER BASED CITRUS CLEANERS CUZ THEY WILL LEAVE RESIDUE ON THE BEARINGS). just kind  of spin them and rock em around the solution for a minute or two then let em soak for 10 minutes. TAke them all out and put them onto a towel with the balls facing down. one by one, take each bearing and run it through some water and IMMEDIATELY blow dry them to prevent oxidation. do this to every bearing. When you bearings are all dry from blow drying them, let em cool off. AFter that, apply about 2 drops of bones speed cream or any teflon based lubricant to each bearing. NO WD-40!!! Pop the shields back on and put them back in the wheels. now youre ready to fly

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
what if you hurt yourself from going too fast?

those truck will break

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 05:48:28 AM »
what if you hurt yourself from going too fast?

those truck will break
I think one of the best insults you can say to a skater is "I bet you'll break your arm before you break that walmart board" lmao why do people keep buying cheap shit and complain when it doesn't work

backsidebonefull

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 03:26:58 AM »

bones reds

/thread