Author Topic: Hockey III  (Read 24523 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Hockey III
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »
AA fuckin rules.

I get the artistic direction, but I probably would have enjoyed the rest of it more if it was slimmed down and not so hyped up.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
I like that Caleb guy, but don't really see the BA comparisons? Only thing that made me kinda think that, was the bigflip over the can, which was kinda reminiscent of a bigflip BA did at Third & Army (was in Yeah Right or the SOTY vid, and a Fourstar ad).

Yeah, obviously AA is great as always. Nothing much to add there.

Sean Pablo footage was admittedly better than I was expecting, but my expectations were low.

Good video, liked II better though, and some of the slo-mo replays were too much. Didn't need to see the shot of Pablo kf bs tailing a ledge, in Sid Vicious cosplay, slowed down.

BacksideWallride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 05:28:47 PM »
AA loves them banks. Was wanting more Ben really, seeing how he just went pro

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
Whoa that Caleb guy was really good!

AA!!!!!!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 06:48:57 PM »
I like that Caleb guy, but don't really see the BA comparisons? Only thing that made me kinda think that, was the bigflip over the can, which was kinda reminiscent of a bigflip BA did at Third & Army (was in Yeah Right or the SOTY vid, and a Fourstar ad).

Yeah, obviously AA is great as always. Nothing much to add there.

Sean Pablo footage was admittedly better than I was expecting, but my expectations were low.

Good video, liked II better though, and some of the slo-mo replays were too much. Didn't need to see the shot of Pablo kf bs tailing a ledge, in Sid Vicious cosplay, slowed down.

You can see BA in that 5-0 on the really tall power box (or was it a manny?).  Has that same dipped low approach with the arms crossed

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »
Andrew Allen is on a fucking tear in this one, wow.
Some of that bank footage was ripe for disaster, damn. Pretty incredible part with a lot of work put into it.

Caleb was definitely great too and I'm eager to see more of what he puts out to the world. Very fast and powerful skating.

John Fitzgerald is always great and this didn't disappoint, I just wish there was more.

Donovan felt a little off to me--I like his previous footage a lot but something about this stuff felt a little too contrived. I really, really dislike that white handkerchief hanging out of his back pocket. I know that sounds petty as shit but it's a truly distracting and an awful look. As we all know, style is everything in skating and that thing is fucking lame, no bones about it. It looks like he's trying too hard to pick up where Dylan left off or something.

Wish there was more Ben K footage, especially since he just went pro. Hoping that he has been stacking clips for something else but I dunno, seems weird to not give your board sponsor footage for their new video? Has he been hurt? Cause if he hasn't been hurt and he's not holding on for something else, what the fuck is he doing?

Good video overall for sure. Gonna watch it a few times to let it digest. I really appreciate Benny's filming/editing. He's doing the brand justice, which is not easy work. He's great at capturing a vibe and hyper distilling it.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 07:21:01 PM »
Some of that bank footage was ripe for disaster, damn. Pretty incredible part with a lot of work put into it.

Caleb was definitely great too and I'm eager to see more of what he puts out to the world. Very fast and powerful skating.

John Fitzgerald is always great and this didn't disappoint, I just wish there was more.

Donovan felt a little off to me--I like his previous footage a lot but something about this stuff felt a little too contrived. I really, really dislike that white handkerchief hanging out of his back pocket. I know that sounds petty as shit but it's a truly distracting and an awful look. As we all know, style is everything in skating and that thing is fucking lame, no bones about it. It looks like he's trying too hard to pick up where Dylan left off or something.

Wish there was more Ben K footage, especially since he just went pro. Hoping that he has been stacking clips for something else but I dunno, seems weird to not give your board sponsor footage for their new video? Has he been hurt? Cause if he hasn't been hurt and he's not holding on for something else, what the fuck is he doing?

Good video overall for sure. Gonna watch it a few times to let it digest. I really appreciate Benny's filming/editing. He's doing the brand justice, which is not easy work. He's great at capturing a vibe and hyper distilling it.
Considering that hockey II came out a year ago,they stacked a lot of footage for this outside of all the other shit they do. Strobeck is filming something new,I don't know if it's Supreme related or what,but guaranteed there will be more of everyone. To me this one was all about Caleb and Andrew,with the others as filler and whatnot. John is coming back from that knee injury pretty good so I'm sure we'll see more of him(soon hopefully). Donovan is getting some flair,must've been looking at photos from his Zero days.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Considering that hockey II came out a year ago,they stacked a lot of footage for this outside of all the other shit they do. Strobeck is filming something new,I don't know if it's Supreme related or what,but guaranteed there will be more of everyone. To me this one was all about Caleb and Andrew,with the others as filler and whatnot. John is coming back from that knee injury pretty good so I'm sure we'll see more of him(soon hopefully). Donovan is getting some flair,must've been looking at photos from his Zero days.

Definitely agree that this was the Caleb and Andrew show, for sure.
I guess the question, Fitzgerald aside, is how did it end up that way?
Was that the original intent or is that just how it played out in editing because those two had the most footage?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 08:12:54 PM »
Andrew Allen the new Tim Capello.

I don't know you but I love you

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
The pop shove it Caleb did over the hydrant was amazing

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Definitely agree that this was the Caleb and Andrew show, for sure.
I guess the question, Fitzgerald aside, is how did it end up that way?
Was that the original intent or is that just how it played out in editing because those two had the most footage?
It really seems as the intent to make it about them,but probably footage quantity.Caleb is the new dude so it works as a welcome part just like AA in II. A full length would be great,but the wait for that would be crazy.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »
AA is the man.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »
Piscopo definitely jerks off facing a fucking mirror.

7 year old

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »
all mirror jerking aside his kickflip bonk grind on the can was excellent

Zak

• Rep: -19
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »
Watching Andrew Allen fall makes everything alright. He seems like a cool guy.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »
these guys are real assholes for not telling Donny his pocket was inside out that whole time, sheesh

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 12:13:54 AM »
aa footage is always good.
Ben K was slacking but still sick.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2017, 06:19:00 AM »

Fuck yeah it was!  That shit was nice!

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck yeah it was!  That shit was nice!

Straight up. Best dude in the vid.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »
Wasn't that familiar with Caleb but his footage was excellent. Definitely a fan now

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2017, 10:07:51 AM »
There were some parts of this vid that made me legitimately think there is one consonant too many in the name of this company.

Hokey.

hok·ey
ˈhōkē/Submit
adjectiveNORTH AMERICANinformal
mawkishly sentimental.
"a good-hearted, slightly hokey song"

noticeably contrived.
"a hokey country-western accent"

The positives outweighed them this time, but the whole point of jacking off in the mirror is the shame that comes after climax when you can take a good hard look at yourself and your faults. 

Otherwise, you could just jizz on the christmas wrapping before you wrap presents to give to the relatives you hate.

keihaes

• Rep: -21
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »
That sucked. First guy was sick. All those dudes look so god damn annoying and trendy especially kadow.

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
G O AA T

Mcfctid

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »
I don't get the need for the highwater pants, am i missing something?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2017, 12:41:53 PM »
Bummed there was all that slowmo bullshit and no AVE. I wish AA would switch up his trick selection a bit more.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2017, 12:55:20 PM »
I like that Caleb guy, but don't really see the BA comparisons?

Yeah I don't see any BA similarity either. I was thinking Terry Kennedy if he was good or fun to watch and not so fucking corny.

I don't see why Benny Maglinao is so opposed to putting Donovon Piscopo footage to music. Andrew Allen's part seemed really short.

More Donny re-edits for me!

Surprised no one has complained about the grade 9 film class "punk rock art film" at the beginning of the vid that I'm convinced Ben edited and submitted. It was fucking painfully lame.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2017, 01:16:16 PM »
AA is amazing. Caleb footage was good wish there was more, same with Fitzgerald. I can’t help focusing on Donovan’s pants, so distracting.  For Ben’s first “pro” part, this was lacking, the only thing noteworthy was the roll in 5-0. Whole thing should have been 10 min shorter, the last 5 min were repeat tricks in slow motion.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »
Not my cup of tea. But watching AA slam was worth it. It‘s art.