Author Topic: Bam Margera | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 70  (Read 9151 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
Re: Bam Margera | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 70
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I wish there was a transcript of these podcasts.
[close]

...why?

Because you could skim through and find the interesting anecdotes a lot easier rather than sit through a 2-4 hour audio version

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...why?
[close]

Because you could skim through and find the interesting anecdotes a lot easier rather than sit through a 2-4 hour audio version

Could you? With how long they talk and how often Chris derails the conversation I feel like it would be a fucking nightmare to read any of these interviews.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Bam seems insanely well adjusted for someone who has experienced the type of fame and lived the type of life he has.
Great episode.
[close]

I don't know man. I think he seems "adjusted" right now because he has a spotlight back on him and that's where he's most comfortable. He went to Estonia to live with dogs to lose 30lbs. Adjusted people just eat differently.

hahaha point taken.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...why?
[close]

[close]

Could you? With how long they talk and how often Chris derails the conversation I feel like it would be a fucking nightmare to read any of these interviews.

These last few (-Zion) have been interesting to listen to but on the whole, yes, I could read them in a fraction of the time it takes to listen.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...why?
[close]

[close]

[close]

These last few (-Zion) have been interesting to listen to but on the whole, yes, I could read them in a fraction of the time it takes to listen.

18+ years of skimming through skate mag interviews

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 06:20:54 PM »
I don't know about this 230 pounds business. I've been up to 220 at my fattest, and that dude definitely looked more than 10 pounds heavier than I was when we were both at our fattest.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »
I don't know about this 230 pounds business. I've been up to 220 at my fattest, and that dude definitely looked more than 10 pounds heavier than I was when we were both at our fattest.

I’ve tipped the scale there too.  Saddest thing is that’s what Homer’s weight was in an ep of Simpsons

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
Hearing that Brandon DiCamillo has kids is so crazy and hilarious.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 07:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Meanwhile Spike has them do an episode on him

[close]

If you didn't like that episode you probably are a miserable person
[close]

I liked it, but I learned more about Spike from watching Lost In Translation
Very valid statement

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 09:07:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Very valid statement
Wait was Scarlett Johansson's boyfriend in that supposed to be Spike?
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Bam's stories were classic. They need another 2 hours with that guy.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »

i would kill myself for a brandon dicamillo ep
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
They did a really good job of not overlapping too many stories.  Before I started watching I thought this one was going to suck but I enjoyed it for sure.  Bam is the best sellout in skateboarding, he deserved every last cent .  As Roger stated the "highschool cult film" (which is the perfect description) of CKY was so groundbreaking at the time.  My buddies and I loved CKY2k when it came out.  Straight classic material any degenerate could find humorous. 

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Very valid statement
[close]
Yes

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 01:36:21 AM »
A classic, Bam's un-hateable despite all the shenanigans. I laughed a bunch of times, the motherfucker can tell a story.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 04:08:51 AM »
They did a really good job of not overlapping too many stories.  Before I started watching I thought this one was going to suck but I enjoyed it for sure.  Bam is the best sellout in skateboarding, he deserved every last cent .  As Roger stated the "highschool cult film" (which is the perfect description) of CKY was so groundbreaking at the time.  My buddies and I loved CKY2k when it came out.  Straight classic material any degenerate could find humorous.

I remember I walked into my local shop as a middle schooler and the high school dudes were watching CKY2K on the shop vcr. Someone even said "you were supposed to lock the fucking door" and ran over and did so, but allowed me to come in and browse.  This was just as the video began before the RammStein and Dico was rubbing the poo on Dunn (RIP) and everyone fucking lost it.  As cutthroat sellout as Bam is, he was basically poor white trash coming up and he made life awesome for people like me who don't deserve such great moments in life.

The only way they are gonna surpass this nine club guest is with someone like Thiebaud or Animal Chin himself.
I feel bad for whatever new-dude Jimmy John Pro-Am will be "special guest" next week.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Everyone being petty as fuck on Roger.

Dude is awesome and yeah he has a lot to contribute, considering he worked with Bam for so long.

Some people on here too naggy and nit-picky. Seem like they're looking for a reason...

Great episode!!! Thanks CROB, Bam, Roger and Kelly. Keep them coming!

BTW insane to notice the difference in episode quality with someone like Bam or Jamie compared to some of the younger less experience skateboarders.

I think this show works best as a "tell-all" or retrospective.

I've heard Conan O'Brien talk about this as well, and if you take out the fact that people tend to mature with age and even if you get a young person who is completely mature and chatty, it really just comes down to the fact that younger people don't have as many life experiences or anecdotes to talk about on live television.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Very valid statement
[close]
[close]
Yes

And Cameron Diaz was none too pleased with Anna Farris in that.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »
Brad Pitt story was awesome! And 20,000 boards a month! Nuts

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Very valid statement
[close]

Yes, it was based off a press tour for Being John Malkovich and Anna Farris is Cameron Diaz.   

Supposedly Rooney Mara is Sofia in Her and is Spike’s way of addressing their split

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I remember I walked into my local shop as a middle schooler and the high school dudes were watching CKY2K on the shop vcr. Someone even said "you were supposed to lock the fucking door" and ran over and did so, but allowed me to come in and browse.  This was just as the video began before the RammStein and Dico was rubbing the poo on Dunn (RIP) and everyone fucking lost it.  As cutthroat sellout as Bam is, he was basically poor white trash coming up and he made life awesome for people like me who don't deserve such great moments in life.

The only way they are gonna surpass this nine club guest is with someone like Thiebaud or Animal Chin himself.
I feel bad for whatever new-dude Jimmy John Pro-Am will be "special guest" next week.

You from Dubai or something?  Looked like in his EL he grew up in that house you see his parents living in and had a pretty healthy middle class upbringing and a father who was super involved in what his kid was doing

shit_for_brains

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You from Dubai or something?  Looked like in his EL he grew up in that house you see his parents living in and had a pretty healthy middle class upbringing and a father who was super involved in what his kid was doing

He's "poor white trash" by virtue of being from Pennsylvania. No offense to the PA pals who don't know this is true yet.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »
i still don't get this :(
edit: shit i just got it.
dope
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:27:06 PM by somethingmustbreaknow »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »

Then you must not be a real CKY fan

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2017, 02:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i would kill myself for a brandon dicamillo ep

The less he was in any of the CKY stuff...the less I cared....honestly thought he was Bam's Down syndrome brother for the better part of a year......

for good or for bad you gotta give it to Bam for not ditching all his hometown buddies....I remember seeing Bam at a contest before and you could tell he wasn't really in there....like he didn't suddenly get sponsored and become a cool skate guy.....

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's the house he bought them. His old house was the small one in Jump Off A Building which I think was across the street from a sewage treatment plant. Dad was a baker in a grocery store, mom was a hairdresser.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »
edit: shit i just got it.
dope

Same thing just happened to me.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

...why?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Is the point of this show to mine for details about pros lives? Or is it to pass some time while driving or doing the dishes?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2017, 04:02:02 AM »
True story the first time I went to Philadelphia back in 1994 I made my sister who was living there at the time take me to Love Park even though I didn't have a board with me on that trip (idiot move, I know I know).

Anyway there were a ton of people there sessioning, all the heavy dudes, I mean like fucking Ricky and Freddy were present and I remember Matt Reason was filming some line or other and Bam was there, very very young and actually kind of ripping as I recall and no joke my sister sees him and goes to me "hey that girl is pretty good huh?"

If you don't remember young Bam was kinda on some androgynous type shit when he was a kid, very "It's Pat" from Saturday Night Live-ish.
Anyway, shit was too funny, maybe you had to be there.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:04:14 AM by Shitbag »