Author Topic: Bam Margera | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 70  (Read 9134 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bam Margera | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 70
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2017, 04:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They did a really good job of not overlapping too many stories.  Before I started watching I thought this one was going to suck but I enjoyed it for sure.  Bam is the best sellout in skateboarding, he deserved every last cent .  As Roger stated the "highschool cult film" (which is the perfect description) of CKY was so groundbreaking at the time.  My buddies and I loved CKY2k when it came out.  Straight classic material any degenerate could find humorous.
[close]

I remember I walked into my local shop as a middle schooler and the high school dudes were watching CKY2K on the shop vcr. Someone even said "you were supposed to lock the fucking door" and ran over and did so, but allowed me to come in and browse.  This was just as the video began before the RammStein and Dico was rubbing the poo on Dunn (RIP) and everyone fucking lost it.  As cutthroat sellout as Bam is, he was basically poor white trash coming up and he made life awesome for people like me who don't deserve such great moments in life.

The only way they are gonna surpass this nine club guest is with someone like Thiebaud or Animal Chin himself.
I feel bad for whatever new-dude Jimmy John Pro-Am will be "special guest" next week.
[close]

You from Dubai or something?  Looked like in his EL he grew up in that house you see his parents living in and had a pretty healthy middle class upbringing and a father who was super involved in what his kid was doing
[close]

He's "poor white trash" by virtue of being from Pennsylvania. No offense to the PA pals who don't know this is true yet.

you guys have no idea what white trash is

that fool never had no welfare cheese sandwiches with powdered milk

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wish there was a transcript of these podcasts.
[close]

...why?
[close]

Because you could skim through and find the interesting anecdotes a lot easier rather than sit through a 2-4 hour audio version
[close]

Could you? With how long they talk and how often Chris derails the conversation I feel like it would be a fucking nightmare to read any of these interviews.
[close]

These last few (-Zion) have been interesting to listen to but on the whole, yes, I could read them in a fraction of the time it takes to listen.
[close]

Is the point of this show to mine for details about pros lives? Or is it to pass some time while driving or doing the dishes?

Well I’m curious about all these anecdotes people mention and I’ve got a big enough podcast roster as it is. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They did a really good job of not overlapping too many stories.  Before I started watching I thought this one was going to suck but I enjoyed it for sure.  Bam is the best sellout in skateboarding, he deserved every last cent .  As Roger stated the "highschool cult film" (which is the perfect description) of CKY was so groundbreaking at the time.  My buddies and I loved CKY2k when it came out.  Straight classic material any degenerate could find humorous.
[close]

I remember I walked into my local shop as a middle schooler and the high school dudes were watching CKY2K on the shop vcr. Someone even said "you were supposed to lock the fucking door" and ran over and did so, but allowed me to come in and browse.  This was just as the video began before the RammStein and Dico was rubbing the poo on Dunn (RIP) and everyone fucking lost it.  As cutthroat sellout as Bam is, he was basically poor white trash coming up and he made life awesome for people like me who don't deserve such great moments in life.

The only way they are gonna surpass this nine club guest is with someone like Thiebaud or Animal Chin himself.
I feel bad for whatever new-dude Jimmy John Pro-Am will be "special guest" next week.
[close]

You from Dubai or something?  Looked like in his EL he grew up in that house you see his parents living in and had a pretty healthy middle class upbringing and a father who was super involved in what his kid was doing
[close]

He's "poor white trash" by virtue of being from Pennsylvania. No offense to the PA pals who don't know this is true yet.
[close]

you guys have no idea what white trash is

that fool never had no welfare cheese sandwiches with powdered milk

White trash is a regional distinction. When you grow up with soft bones, milky eyes, and teeth that fall out because they're too small for your skull due to the nuclear power plant next door that has been blocking the sun your entire life you're pretty fuckin white trash.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2017, 07:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Great episode. Just wondering what you guys think of the hosts of the show?
[close]
glad you asked, i think rog has a weak chin and it would be better if it were edited ventriloquest style so that crob's words came from Andy Mac's mouth. he's got the teeth for show biz, sorry crob.
You're welcome