Author Topic: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?  (Read 19652 times)

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
Re: What are some dumb things that happen at your skatepark?
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
My local skatepark is in the same park where all the prostitute from the city hang out. And I mean 50 yrs old meth head hoes.
I've seen some crazy and nasty shit happen there. Coming at the park at 2h pm and seeing a girl blowing a crackhead is pretty common.
Twice during a session a girl came and start shitting on the main curb. (it was the same girl). Once she start throwing her own shit at people.
The most famous story of our city, and I was there, two prostitute start fighting with their belt, like slapping the hell of each other until their pimp came and start beating the weak one. Then he took a knife out and start to scream at all the skaters watching this madness. My friend had enough and knock him out with his board. About 10min later the pimp woke up, took back his knife and went at my friend screaming, so my friend knock him out a second time with his fist and thrown the knife away. And it's not done...here the funny part.
The pimp went beside the corner store, pack a puff of crack, smoke it, look himself in the window, see his bloody nose and then came back running throwing punch in the air. My friend punch him, he fall, go back to the cornerstore, puff, look himself in the window, see his face and came back again! 4 fucking time he did this. At the end someone had to call the cops cuz the guy keep coming back. The next week we saw the pimp at the park and he didn't remember any of this shit
(sorry for my english writing i'm a french guy)
But beside that there a trend with stupid scooter kid : they come in the park, take a picture of the scooter on a ramp or curb, then leave. Have you see this shit too ?

I enjoy this story

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2017, 12:50:07 PM »

namvet

• Rep: -2
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »
I skate Marsh Creek too....about 4 months ago i accidentaly stole some books from the library so I decided to get drunk at the park. It was early so no one was there yet, and I got into a conversation with some 35 year old asian lady walking her dog who talked me into eating her ass in the woods......

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »
Kids spitting in the park. I'd rather not see you spit anywhere, but if you absolutely feel the need to, go do it in the trashcan or the prickly bushes in the grass behind the park.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2017, 12:46:16 AM »
I skate Marsh Creek too....about 4 months ago i accidentaly stole some books from the library so I decided to get drunk at the park. It was early so no one was there yet, and I got into a conversation with some 35 year old asian lady walking her dog who talked me into eating her ass in the woods......
First you accidentally steal books, then you're coerced into eating ass? The struggle is real.

gumi

• Rep: 6

Diocletian

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2017, 06:25:32 AM »
I know this has probably been said many times, but my local park becomes more and more flooded with scooters every single time I go. It was freezing cold yesterday and the kids have the whole week off school, so about a dozen of them show up out of nowhere. No matter what, they keep multiplying and it’s like a plague. Just seeing one makes me kinda angry, which sucks because I’m not the type to hate on others for what they like. I can’t be that way with scooters though...we need to like destroy the factories that are making them so the plague can finally stop.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2017, 06:47:00 AM »
Mid-summer day drunk Rad Dads are the best, "give me that board son, I'll show you how to do it, stand back stand back, I used to be friends with, eh... that Hawks guy."
Cue everyone stopping what they are doing to watch them try to drop the pipe after a wobbly eternity teetering on the lip with only one possible hard life lesson of an outcome.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2017, 06:55:37 AM »
This thread brings back some amazing memories of growing up at skate parks.

This is one from my childhood local. This family of fairly wild children showed up out of the blue one day. We egged them on to go down the ramps in shopping trolleys. Unsurprisingly, the got messed up but weren't disheartened. 2x of the stacks are in this clip.

Starts at 0.59. Unfortunately the sound is gone

http://youtu.be/pa-qV6VrFOE

Also, big ups to $TUICIDE
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Gentleman ninja warlock

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
Mid-summer day drunk Rad Dads are the best, "give me that board son, I'll show you how to do it, stand back stand back, I used to be friends with, eh... that Hawks guy."
Cue everyone stopping what they are doing to watch them try to drop the pipe after a wobbly eternity teetering on the lip with only one possible hard life lesson of an outcome.

I get so anxious when randoms ask to try my board. I feel like if they end up wrecking their shit it'll be on me, even though I know it's not my problem.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
Over the years my local park has turned into a gathering place for all the non-skating local shit head kids to smoke cigs and heckle people who are actually using the park for its intended purpose. Don't get me wrong sometimes it can be entertaining (teen mom brawl, cops tackling a kid for smoking dirt weed out of a faygo can etc.) but as a general rule if it's after 11 a.m. I just skate my drive way qp or find a street spot.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
This James Jarvis illustration should be posted up at all the parks.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »

Ummmm... No.

That's basically no skating
Gentleman ninja warlock

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »
It not existing

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2017, 10:40:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ummmm... No.

yeah, no. also how does one do a street grab at a skatepark?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Ummmm... No.

[close]

yeah, no. also how does one do a street grab at a skatepark?

Good one!

Because you know it's obvious we call tricks by where they where done.

I totally got street kickflips but not park kickflips.
Gentleman ninja warlock

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
lightwork pulling up lol

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
Just remembered, at my local park, Corey Duffel shot a blow-dart into my older brothers friends asshole and it's in the credits of Destroy Everything Now.

That sentence was hard to write.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
Just remembered, at my local park, Corey Duffel shot a blow-dart into my older brothers friends asshole and it's in the credits of Destroy Everything Now.

That sentence was hard to write.

You win

How the fuck did that idea come about? Lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

chodekaka

« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2017, 03:05:06 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/algaignorance/

This entire account
This makes me so fucking mad. What a bunch of stupid little entitled first world fucks.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2017, 06:03:27 AM »
Expand Quote
This makes me so fucking mad. What a bunch of stupid little entitled first world fucks.

Makes me glad I live in a place where mook kids like that are rarely into skating.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2017, 06:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Makes me glad I live in a place where mook kids like that are rarely into skating.
They are clearly lacking someone like Kelch or Ricky O to regulate them. Kids need a good ass kicking every now and then.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »

assholes elephants taking over the park

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2017, 09:12:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They are clearly lacking someone like Kelch or Ricky O to regulate them. Kids need a good ass kicking every now and then.
Holy shit I went to that park when I was visiting carlsbad and Im so fucking glad I didn't see any annoying shit like that. Sheffey was there when I went, I feel like if he saw some shit like whats on that insta account he'd regulate

Dae-su Oh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »

assholes elephants taking over the park

This reads like a Onion headline hahaha

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »
so how do you regulate a park/spot/scene?

most people are cool or indifferent, but it's the people who leave a negative impact on the spots who i have a problem with. I'm even friends with them but i just don't agree with a lot they do. There's shit graffiti, building of awful ramps, and garbage, but at least people will help me out when I pick up the trash.

the older guys had a code which was love park inspired like focusing boards and intimidation if you treated the plaza poorly like garbage, graffiti, rollerblading, etc. but i've never been like that and neither are the times. try arguing with an idiot. you won't get the point across and ignoring somebody doesn't really work either. we tried shame as well. agh, i'm thinking of one person in particular and yeah, just pretend he's the person you know who has been there for years, is sort of down with everyone, but is kind of a shitty dude.

animalflesh

« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2017, 06:20:10 PM »
The ultra-macho homophobic and/or sexist remarks and attitudes from kids at parks sucks

It's like some sort of jock emulation and reeks of immaturity

The new wave of fake hood kids is cringe worthy as well, I see them everywhere

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:28 PM »

most people are cool or indifferent, but it's the people who leave a negative impact on the spots who i have a problem with. I'm even friends with them but i just don't agree with a lot they do. There's shit graffiti, building of awful ramps, and garbage, but at least people will help me out when I pick up the trash.

the older guys had a code which was love park inspired like focusing boards and intimidation if you treated the plaza poorly like garbage, graffiti, rollerblading, etc. but i've never been like that and neither are the times. try arguing with an idiot. you won't get the point across and ignoring somebody doesn't really work either. we tried shame as well. agh, i'm thinking of one person in particular and yeah, just pretend he's the person you know who has been there for years, is sort of down with everyone, but is kind of a shitty dude.

To effectively regulate, you need at least one dude who is batshit/criminal.

We had this guy who was great when he was on your team and terrifying when not. I seriously believe he single handedly keep the park in check for close to a decade.

Cut someone off on a bike, bike gets smashed. Acting like an ass, chased off with hatchet.

Unfortunately, also had run ins with half a dozen good dudes who totally didn't deserve it and basically had to leave town after maiming someone.

So in the end, maybe just try to get along?

ImportantGuy

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2017, 04:35:24 AM »

You don't, because...

To effectively regulate, you need at least one dude who is batshit/criminal.

+Look at us whining! Dude up there has to deal with elephant enforcers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:37:01 AM by ImportantGuy »