Author Topic: Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - 'Do Not Bother Skateboarding Children'  (Read 5149 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - 'Do Not Bother Skateboarding Children'
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:54 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnarHAC6C8

1 of the only good Canadians left alive
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Dr. Jordan B. Peterson - 'Do Not Bother Skateboarding Children'
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

I have been a bit obsessed with this youtube celebrity philosopher. Some of the things he says, like what he says in the clip above, I really agree with. He's a super conservative and elitist guy otherwise. He basicly argues that the only way to achieve security and hapiness (higher serotonin levels) is by achiving and maintaining a high status on the "dominance hirarchy". He preaches descipline and pride to young men feeling threatened by feminism. He braggs about his high IQ and takes himself VERY seriously.
IMO he seems pretty ignorant to the little joys of life like taking it just to take it easy and losing yourself in a good skate session or doing something creative. 

frontsideoverkrook

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have been a bit obsessed with this youtube celebrity philosopher. Some of the things he says, like what he says in the clip above, I really agree with. He's a super conservative and elitist guy otherwise. He basicly argues that the only way to achieve security and hapiness (higher serotonin levels) is by achiving and maintaining a high status on the "dominance hirarchy". He preaches descipline and pride to young men feeling threatened by feminism. He braggs about his high IQ and takes himself VERY seriously.
IMO he seems pretty ignorant to the little joys of life like taking it just to take it easy and losing yourself in a good skate session or doing something creative.

he also considers moral truths in specific literature to be the highest form of truth... insofar as "they're more true than a single individuals entire life." not sure how I feel about that claim, but yeah, he has a pretty captivating way of speaking.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:57:14 PM »
Not a fan.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:33:16 AM »
i put it up here cuz it was a rare moment where someone of academia is not shitting on skateboarders, and doing it in a relatively articulated manner.

As far as Dr. P, I'm suspicious of anyone who uses "God" as a end-all/be-all guiding light. Yes, he is smarter than me, and yes I should read the bible for more knowledge of the world/fools maneuvering around me.  That being said, I do pay attention when he speaks about getting yourself in order and preparing for when people try to come and fuck with you: you have more ground to stand on when you know yourself and your capabilities.

I come from a background where mommy and daddy aren't able to step in when shit gets thick aka I need to be about mine, life isn't 100% about jokes about my life's direction and being subservient (rather than coexistent) with others.  He provides me a motivation to become proactive about "life" as I choose it, where a lot of people I know are accepting their shitty respective situations and labels that inevitably become attached. This isn't about feminism, the struggle is within our own individual selves (at least to me.)

Peterson speaks at length about the total abuse done by lazy/profit-hungry mental health physicians of mis-diagnosing psychiatric conditions: if you hammer a thought into a child at a young age, and they're weak/naive enough to believe it, the result is a shattered human that is never able achieve true potential because of the 'box' they have accepted. This applies to men/women of all walks of life to varying degrees and (misshapes) our world accordingly.

Despite of being a religious zealot, he's a strong individual and the world I see is lacking people who are accountable for their situation while doing their best to achieve, and not at the exploitation of others. Even if he is objectionable in theological ideal, he preaches strength and the pursuit of knowledge when there's so many more mainstream media/mediums doing the exact opposite.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.