Author Topic: "The Flat Earth" video by Ty Evans  (Read 23475 times)

ungzilla

Re: "The Flat Earth" video by Ty Evans
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
this is like a bag of those weird jelly beans, ya know how they make all those fucked up flavors like dog vomit and dirt and socks? but then Foy's skating is the good ass flavor that's mixed in there but like, there isn't enough of it and why are they making these fucked up flavors fucj you ty evans QED

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 07:01:03 AM »
Rumor has it that Kyrie Irving has a miniramp part to some B.O.B. song in this one

ungzilla

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 07:05:53 AM »
i liked how on Space Station Commander Kelly's instagram (the dude who is married to the AZ (I think?) Senator who got shot), when he'd post pics of him being all, you know, up in space as fuck, and you'd look at the comments and it'd be like 300 people posting "@b.o.b"

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yeah Right sucked too. I think younger generations remember it fondly out of nostalgia, but that's the video where the Crail camp started to suck. Overproduced claptrap.
[close]

Thank you. I remember watching Yeah Right for the first time with a couple friends... they loved it, and I came away from the viewing much less a fan of Girl etc than I was before watching it.
[close]
Fuck outta here, give me Yeah Right! over Mouse any day of the week.

Woah woah woah I'm fine with anyone liking Yeah Right, but what?!

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
this is like a bag of those weird jelly beans, ya know how they make all those fucked up flavors like dog vomit and dirt and socks? but then Foy's skating is the good ass flavor that's mixed in there but like, there isn't enough of it and why are they making these fucked up flavors fucj you ty evans QED
Ass jellybeans are the bomb.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »
Not a single full non-flatground trick in this video. Also, Antonio Durao doesn't have a part in this but he has the last trick in the trailer? Ty....

However, fuck all of this "Yeah Right" wasn't good talk. If Eric Koston skated to a better song for his part (love Frank Black -- horrible fit for his part), it would be very close to a perfect video.

Man, I honestly loved that song in that part. I also loved modus and fully flared to an extent. Ty is kind of like a musician where his albums aren't consistently good from start to finish but the good parts are amazing. Unfortunately lately he has decided to take the flops and make fully terrible concept albums out of them.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 489
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:08 AM »
wtf

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yeah Right sucked too. I think younger generations remember it fondly out of nostalgia, but that's the video where the Crail camp started to suck. Overproduced claptrap.
[close]

Thank you. I remember watching Yeah Right for the first time with a couple friends... they loved it, and I came away from the viewing much less a fan of Girl etc than I was before watching it.
[close]
[close]

Yeah, that's straight blasphemy. Mouse is untouchable.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »
Is Ty the James Cameron of skateboarding?

Yes. Modus & Yeah Right are his Aliens and Terminator 2: Judgement Day, where as Pretty Sweet is his Titanic. By this logic, this is his Avatar.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Mccrank, Koston, BA, Marc, Gino (full part), Carroll, Roward, All these dudes in their prime. To me its the best video ever. That skate solo intro was the best!

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Star anus

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mccrank, Koston, BA, Marc, Gino (full part), Carroll, Roward, All these dudes in their prime. To me its the best video ever. That skate solo intro was the best!

It's still a great video, but probably more so for skaters who started mid-late 90's or later. I personally wasn't feeling the soundtrack as much (not into GnR, Frank Black, that annoying girl group in McCrank's part etc), but it WAS sick to see full parts from some people you might expect to only have a few clips.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2017, 02:53:42 PM »
how ya gonna make a million dollar skate movie and use microsoft wordart for the title?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Mouse is very touchable. It's almost all shared or short parts, there only like, three or four real parts, it's mostly schoolyard footage (though that was clearly the style at the time), the dude who had the best part in the video shat on his legacy and what made that part special, minimal Mike Carroll footage, and, pound-for-pound, more overproduced skits than Yeah Right. Compare that to full parts from BA, Gino, Carroll, McCrank, and a strong showing from Kenny Anderson? Seems like an easy choice to me.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shone237

« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2017, 04:35:28 PM »
how ya gonna make a million dollar skate movie and use microsoft wordart for the title?

this. ty. baby. call me for a quote. we can do lunch.

dl love slow mo skating. cringe at bro mo tho.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
I've never seen Mouse.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2017, 07:11:11 PM »

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

ImportantGuy

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
I don't think anybody's been able to explain that strange title either...

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2017, 03:43:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Mouse is very touchable. It's almost all shared or short parts, there only like, three or four real parts, it's mostly schoolyard footage (though that was clearly the style at the time), the dude who had the best part in the video shat on his legacy and what made that part special, minimal Mike Carroll footage, and, pound-for-pound, more overproduced skits than Yeah Right. Compare that to full parts from BA, Gino, Carroll, McCrank, and a strong showing from Kenny Anderson? Seems like an easy choice to me.

Wether you prefer Mouse or Yeah Right in terms of cast and level of skating that's up to anyone's taste. But in my opinion the big difference was that in Yeah Right you could clearly tell that someone was trying to show off with fancy camera equipment and special effects. The skits in Mouse were funny and creative, the ones in Yeah Right were mostly hollow and boring.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2017, 05:34:52 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2017, 05:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Wether you prefer Mouse or Yeah Right in terms of cast and level of skating that's up to anyone's taste. But in my opinion the big difference was that in Yeah Right you could clearly tell that someone was trying to show off with fancy camera equipment and special effects. The skits in Mouse were funny and creative, the ones in Yeah Right were mostly hollow and boring.
That's all personal preference, as well. Skits are skits to me, and I laugh more at Owen Wilson's dialogue than Charlie Chaplin on a skateboard, or that news chopper one.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2017, 06:42:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
That's all personal preference, as well. Skits are skits to me, and I laugh more at Owen Wilson's dialogue than Charlie Chaplin on a skateboard, or that news chopper one.

Yeah Right is the best video, but skatrix was pretty bored.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2017, 07:28:52 AM »
I have no editing skills whatsoever but it's like Ty Evans found a way to make slow-mo slower somehow.  The music sounded like scrapped scores for the Lion King.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mouse has more soul. It's more of an art piece as a whole. It's Stanley Kubrick vs Michael Bay.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
"The Wack Earth"

I don't want to live here any longer.