Author Topic: AntiHero - Urban Mutation  (Read 9654 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Re: AntiHero - Urban Mutation
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 12:26:54 AM »
I liked the edit some nice casual stuff in there.

But I got the feeling of them thinking they are better than the rest of gentrificants. And also whats wrong with new housing?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 04:31:02 AM »

But I got the feeling of them thinking they are better than the rest of gentrificants. And also whats wrong with new housing?

They have whats referred to as junkie pride "we're from the real SF: we shot heroin/rented rooms in the tenderloin and partied with trannies BEFORE facial feminization surgery!"

Also gentrification is real but still coming down to much slightly richer people turning a blind eye to the really poor people that are there. There's some people who just wanna watch the world burn who move out there, don't serve any purpose other than to make the Dopeman some money, fuck em.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 05:29:44 AM »
Fuck the investors and city development offices who make gentrification happen. The people moving and living there not so much. Even though I cant stand them. Edit was cool, especially Juliens 50-50.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 05:39:57 AM »
Julien and Grewer, can't complain
Grewer not a shewer.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 06:32:46 AM »

Chances are good that the new housing being built in SF does not exactly qualify as "affordable."

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »
that back 5-0

ungzilla

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »
the snake is NOT weck, confirmed

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:32 AM »
the snake is NOT weck, confirmed
if you watch it with all your brain muscles, you'll see the front truck didn't even touch the ledge, bro !

edit : would be a nice sig, good job snowman....first !

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:49:10 AM by the snake »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 07:59:06 AM »
Still very odd that austin kanfouch is not pro
I think it's a number of things. He's won't walk from the 1-8, he was hurt for a while, and Daan came up FAST

ungzilla

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 07:59:26 AM »
x files theme music plays

edit: shit did I just confirm that I'M weck?!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:13:37 AM by ungzilla »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
^I just don't fucking care 8)

*but it still have a strong 5-0 spirit into it ^^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:30:38 AM by the snake »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Chances are good that the new housing being built in SF does not exactly qualify as "affordable."

What I've heard about sf is that its already one of the most expensive cities to live so not make it better to live? I think the real problem is that the original low income residents have to be located to somewhere else and if there is too many of these unemployed people living in the same area chances are it will become a ghetto. And if that happens problems are bigger than losing the original vibe of the city.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 08:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

What I've heard about sf is that its already one of the most expensive cities to live so not make it better to live? I think the real problem is that the original low income residents have to be located to somewhere else and if there is too many of these unemployed people living in the same area chances are it will become a ghetto. And if that happens problems are bigger than losing the original vibe of the city.

Elon Musk is working on this now. Mars. The meek inherit the earth!

I like the idea that creating safe, reliable travel and habitation on the distant planet Mars is a more viable option than creating houses for people who need homes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:32:47 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »

Lee Ralph Fan Club

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
I could watch Stranger's chuck on wall ride all day and not get bored.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

So the solution is to build nothing but extremely expensive housing for the rich newcomers, sweet.  That'll definitely help.

Also the original SF vibe has been gone for a long time.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
That was fucking terrible and just stupid.
[close]

Really? You didn't like the message? But you still fucking hate hipsters right?

The message is stupid. I absolutely hate hipsters but thats not going to keep me from making money off them. I work for a developmental construction company, therefore I have no problem with places being built up like that. Idc who moves into them. It doesn't affect me and keeps my mortgage paid/food on the table.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 12:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The message is stupid. I absolutely hate hipsters but thats not going to keep me from making money off them. I work for a developmental construction company, therefore I have no problem with places being built up like that. Idc who moves into them. It doesn't affect me and keeps my mortgage paid/food on the table.

Which company?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Which company?

Gotham West Development. Based out of Jersey City.

micky682

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »
How does one get their trucks that loose and surfey? Like in the clip of Julien doing the back 50.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:48 PM »
Equal parts exhilarating and depressing!

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:24 PM »
Terrible. How people can actually listen to music that angsty in there 20s (or older) is shocking.

Gentrification should be applauded.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »
Terrible. How people can actually listen to music that angsty in there 20s (or older) is shocking.

you're a hoot
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 07:52:38 PM »
Julien and Grewer and Austin, can't complain

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:20 PM »

people die on the streets everyday in a country with more than enough shelters and more than enough food

fuck you, and fuck stoop kid's mortgage
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
people die on the streets everyday in a country with more than enough shelters and more than enough food

Hahaha fuck you dude what do you do for the community? I actually help out a lot. Go fuck yourself. I worked hard to get where I am.

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm going to be honest here - it's not clear you know what gentrification is.

From Google:
the process of renovating and improving a house or district so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

Let's drill it in with an example.

City A, existing in a (by some trait) desirable location, has been around X years. Because of this trait, multiple people, as well as companies, would like to go to City A. Because the demand to live/operate in City A increases faster than does available supply, pricing goes up. As people with higher incomes flock to the area, renovation occurs across the city, and a crop of new businesses/restaurants/etc. geared towards the new, higher-income residents pop up. Old tenants, who can no longer afford to live in the area, get priced out, and move elsewhere.

Two things:

First, shelter/food access have nothing to do with gentrification. A city that excels in options for both can be gentrified just as easily as one that has no such services in place. Not sure where you were going with that. It can be argued that a city would be better fit to provide such services post-gentrification, given the larger tax pool and (if studies are to be believed) more philanthropic population.

Second, I would love for someone to argue why gentrification is bad. I concede that it's sad that communities get displaced, sure, but I think the 'first-come, first-serve' basis of residency is morally worse than is any displacement. There are plenty of cities in the United States. If you can't afford to live in an in-demand city, move elsewhere or adopt the skills required to do so.

By all means, gentrification is a net-gain for a city. Crime lowers. The tax pool increases. Places previously rarely-traversed open up. Communities grow. In some perverted way it's almost like the city is evolving.

But yeah. Fuck me and fuck stoop kid for having different opinions than you. Looking forward to seeing you volunteer in the soup kitchen this week!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:42 PM »
x files theme music plays

edit: shit did I just confirm that I'M weck?!
weck confirmed, and reported

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2017, 12:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

From Google:
Expand Quote
the process of renovating and improving a house or district so that it conforms to middle-class taste.
[close]

City A, existing in a (by some trait) desirable location, has been around X years. Because of this trait, multiple people, as well as companies, would like to go to City A. Because the demand to live/operate in City A increases faster than does available supply, pricing goes up. As people with higher incomes flock to the area, renovation occurs across the city, and a crop of new businesses/restaurants/etc. geared towards the new, higher-income residents pop up. Old tenants, who can no longer afford to live in the area, get priced out, and move elsewhere.

Two things:

First, shelter/food access have nothing to do with gentrification. A city that excels in options for both can be gentrified just as easily as one that has no such services in place. Not sure where you were going with that. It can be argued that a city would be better fit to provide such services post-gentrification, given the larger tax pool and (if studies are to be believed) more philanthropic population.

Second, I would love for someone to argue why gentrification is bad. I concede that it's sad that communities get displaced, sure, but I think the 'first-come, first-serve' basis of residency is morally worse than is any displacement. There are plenty of cities in the United States. If you can't afford to live in an in-demand city, move elsewhere or adopt the skills required to do so.

By all means, gentrification is a net-gain for a city. Crime lowers. The tax pool increases. Places previously rarely-traversed open up. Communities grow. In some perverted way it's almost like the city is evolving.

But yeah. Fuck me and fuck stoop kid for having different opinions than you. Looking forward to seeing you volunteer in the soup kitchen this week!

100%. I feel like this is kind of the same as immigration. People don't see the benefits of it and only want hold on some dear memories of their past. Evolve or die (move somewhere else). I used to live in an area know for it's rustic bohemian vibes where drunks and artist types lived together and when the gentrification hit the place sure it changed and different people moved there. The artist and other creative types moved elsewhere and formed a new cultural hub which has yet not been "ruined" by yuppies.  Sure some people have to move but do people think that the lower income people don't have any benefit of it at all?

StevenSeagalsHairline

• Rep: -5
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 03:31:25 AM »
I find it kind of odd how they used No Trend, since the band disliked the punk scene. It's always  good to see  new clips of Austin though.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:37:33 AM by StevenSeagalsHairline »

jorge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 06:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

From Google:
Expand Quote
[close]

Two things:

[close]

100%. I feel like this is kind of the same as immigration. People don't see the benefits of it and only want hold on some dear memories of their past. Evolve or die (move somewhere else). I used to live in an area know for it's rustic bohemian vibes where drunks and artist types lived together and when the gentrification hit the place sure it changed and different people moved there. The artist and other creative types moved elsewhere and formed a new cultural hub which has yet not been "ruined" by yuppies.  Sure some people have to move but do people think that the lower income people don't have any benefit of it at all?
So people have to leave their home because they can't afford it-that means uprooting families, leaving their friends they've known for years, in many cases having to find a new job because all the yuppies want to live where you've always been all of the sudden.  God forbid they are elderly or handicapped.  SF (and most other cities) are not building lower/middle class housing, everything is luxury and targeted to one demographic only-and it isn't you.  Seattle has one of the worst cases of homelessness since Amazon has whitewashed that city, and that shit is coming your way too if you live in ANY coastal city.  Is that good?  Its way more than just "drunks and artist types" that get pushed out-median rent for a one bedroom in SF is around $3200 a month.  My family of teachers had to move from an area they'd been in for 30 years and now have to commute over an hour each way to get to work.  Fuck off for being an advocate of this shit, put down the Ayn Rand book.