Author Topic: Sheckler of meth  (Read 23794 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
Re: Sheckler of meth
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did he even mention meth?
[close]

Nope. He said he was an alcoholic which I find hard to believe
[close]

??? Why exactly do you find that hard to believe?
[close]

Because alcoholics don't function very well. That and he's a big name, how fuckin crazy would it be to be a closet alcoholic and be at events non stop skating etc???

It's certainly possible but I highly doubt it
[close]
One of my most successful friends gets blackout drunk and passes out most nights within a couple hours of getting done at his six-figure job. I want to intervene but that second part might make an intervention hard. Like "Its hard for me to watch you get so drunk all the time, I know you are more successful in most ways than I am but like, still dude...."
[close]

Yeah I hear ya. I know it's kinda broken into categories too, functional alcoholic etc.

I live in a place with alot of alcohol abuse, so I guess I'm more used to the "drink anything and everything all day and night"  types and the certainly aren't holding down good jobs or anything.

It's weird, like Andrew reynolds is an alcoholic drinking 2 drinks a day according to him. I'm not even sure how that's possible?

In Canada it's pretty standard to drink 6-8 beers a day and nobody would call you an alcoholic at all, just call you Canadian lol

Ah well, if he had issues good for him taking care of it.

Nah he just said he was a two drunk drunk. He definitley drank more but his issue was the inhibition part and he’d do any drug offered after he started drinking. Basically alcohol had its intended affect and being young and not well adjusted yet did its thing.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »
anyone else get an alt-rightery vibe from present day sheckler?

chodekaka

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
Nope, your inherent need to project societal and cultural warfare unto everything is beyond my comprehension.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Because alcoholics don't function very well. That and he's a big name, how fuckin crazy would it be to be a closet alcoholic and be at events non stop skating etc???

[close]
One of my most successful friends gets blackout drunk and passes out most nights within a couple hours of getting done at his six-figure job. I want to intervene but that second part might make an intervention hard. Like "Its hard for me to watch you get so drunk all the time, I know you are more successful in most ways than I am but like, still dude...."
[close]

Yeah I hear ya. I know it's kinda broken into categories too, functional alcoholic etc.

I live in a place with alot of alcohol abuse, so I guess I'm more used to the "drink anything and everything all day and night"  types and the certainly aren't holding down good jobs or anything.

It's weird, like Andrew reynolds is an alcoholic drinking 2 drinks a day according to him. I'm not even sure how that's possible?

In Canada it's pretty standard to drink 6-8 beers a day and nobody would call you an alcoholic at all, just call you Canadian lol

Ah well, if he had issues good for him taking care of it.
[close]

Nah he just said he was a two drunk drunk. He definitley drank more but his issue was the inhibition part and he’d do any drug offered after he started drinking. Basically alcohol had its intended affect and being young and not well adjusted yet did its thing.

And that being an alcoholic isn’t a matter of how much you drink

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you were to approach your friend like you approach people in this forum, I'd just keep my mouth shut if I were you.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nope, your inherent need to project societal and cultural warfare unto everything is beyond my comprehension.

shut up you cuck.

chodekaka

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

shut up you cuck.
You know what Sanka. Let’s do things your way then. Let’s say you are skating around one day, getting parched and you ask for a cheeseburger, I give you a cheeseburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the cheeseburger in your hands. I give you a cheeseburger. You swallow and look down at the cheeseburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a cheeseburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the cheeseburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a cheeseburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a cheeseburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the cheeseburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a cheeseburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a cheeseburger.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

shut up you cuck.
[close]
You know what Sanka. Let’s do things your way then. Let’s say you are skating around one day, getting parched and you ask for a cheeseburger, I give you a cheeseburger. You raise it to your lips and take a bite. Your eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs. You swallow and look down at the cheeseburger in your hands. I give you a cheeseburger. You swallow and look down at the cheeseburger in your hands. You cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs. A pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. I give you a cheeseburger. You look at my face, and I am pleading with you. The children are crying now. You raise the cheeseburger to your lips, tears stream down your face as you take a bite. I give you a cheeseburger. You are on your knees. You plead with me to go across the street. I hear only children's laughter. I give you a cheeseburger. You are screaming as you fall down the stairs. I am your child. You cannot see anything. You take a bite of the cheeseburger. The concrete rushes up to meet you. You awake with a start in your own bed. Your eye twitches involuntarily. I give you a cheeseburger. As you kill me, I do not make a sound. I give you a cheeseburger.

Ahhh the Ctrl+P Cuil Theory rebuttal.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sheckler of meth Imm
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:33 PM »
I'm a pretty high functioning alcoholic, like I can drink a 6 pack every night and still get up to go to work. It snuck up on me, when I was like 33, I was so healthy, no cigs, running all the time, skating a ton. Now, 4 years later, I can't say that. It's all good for me, I got some help, and it's turning around. The thing that made me want to change was seeing Wenning on Instagram getting his life back.

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wow, getting (or being) sober is the next big trend in the US...
Among others : AA, AO (i think), Ellington, Greco, Reynolds, Cody Mac, Neen Williams, Shane Heyl, Lizard King, Dill, AVE, Spanly, Brian Wedging, Darren Harper, and the list goes on.
These days, it's as if every single dude that's being interviewed has become sober and has just discovered that eating veggies is actually good for you.

I now realise that i've never heard about any euro pro mentionning he was cutting down the booze or anything of the sort...
[close]
Brian's last name isn't Wedging, its Winning.

Pretty sure there is a sampling bias when it comes to sobriety. You either get sober and keep your career and stay in the spotlight, or you keep partying and fall off hard. The latter group doesn't get much coverage.
[close]

That's why I said I was surprised by his alcohol issues because he's in the public eye ALOT with his foundation etc.

Not to say he doesn't go home after and get blackout drunk though, that's possible too.

As stated, alcohol is viewed differently by different cultures.

I'm ukranian/Italian/Norwegian mutt raised in Canada. It's almost sacrilege not to drink daily

Tolerance etc changes things too, medications involved etc too.

Hell if I drank now like I did at 18 I'd be dead. At 18 I could easily drink 24 pack in a day camping or whatever. Now I'm tapped out if I drink like 10 beers lol. But I don't party anymore, more like a few beers with or after dinner and chill out.

But by the guidelines I'm considered an alcoholic. Certainly isn't the case though. I don't fiend for beer.

You don't fiend for beer until you actually try not drinking ''a few beers after dinner and chill out''...

I was drinking 3-4-6 beers a night for a long ass time and recently decided to stop. I wouldn't say it's hard but I definitely get some pretty gnarly cravings, I feel like I NEED a beer.
Now I'm to the point where I pretty much only drink weekends and instead of a binge it'll be at most a couple drinks.

Like you said though everyone is different. I can't speak for you or your own experiences.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
Since we're all going on about drinking, I'm pretty happy I don't drink Wild Turkey anymore. Although at times I'd love a sip, it just wouldn't work out well for me. Beer is easy to not touch for long periods of time, but I'll have one or two every once in a while. Everyone I know with a drinking problem either denies it or flip flops with sobriety, shit's a fight.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

chodekaka

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2017, 12:04:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

shut up you cuck.
[close]
[close]

Ahhh the Ctrl+P Cuil Theory rebuttal.
What’s your faviourite form of potato? I’m more of a mashed kind of guy myself, I just like the message that mashed potatoes send you know? Whenever I go to a steakhouse and the server asks me what I want as my side order I literally just give them the look and they gasp and nod in approval. At this point, the entire restaurant has usually fallen silent, anyone with a heart condition will feel themselves slipping out of consciousness. Anything made of Iridium or neodymium will levitate, and all steel alloys within 25miles cease to exist. Everybody waits in anticipation, and when mashed potatoes are the next thing out of the kitchen, a standing ovation will ensue ( I kind of like to leave that part up to the local customs). You see, mashing the potato is such a violent act, working out your frustrations on the starch,
Maybe you suck at skateboarding
Perhaps you push mongo
Maybe your girlfriend left you
Maybe the crushing weight of reality makes you feel like you are drowning in a sea of darkness,
All of these things disappear into the starch, and suddenly a beautiful fluff emerges. I’ve known sick men, people like Tracer, people who merely crunch the raw potato like it is an apple, letting the starch mingle with the cool ranch Doritos remnants, these people seek to capture and set fire to the very dove of life itself. From mashed potatoes, and this quality SLAP post YOU and ME can now see that life is not a dove, no, life is a Phoenix, and it will ALWAYS rise from the ashes. You have made me very proud today.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:06:13 AM by chodekaka »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2017, 12:26:55 AM »
So.. how many cheeseburgers was that?
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
My favorite part of this thread is that in 2017, we have a thread that speaks of Wenning, and speaks of cheeseburgers, and both posts, unrelated.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2017, 02:04:29 AM »
My favorite part of this thread is that in 2017, we have a thread that speaks of Wenning, and speaks of cheeseburgers, and both posts, unrelated.
Good point.

What's all this "I drink six beers a night and am an alcoholic". Do you wake up with the DT's? Do you need an eye opener? Do you have to drink even when layed up in hospital or at home with a virus? I know there's levels to this shit but six beers and going to work the next day doesn't smack of addiction to me.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2017, 03:58:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Good point.

What's all this "I drink six beers a night and am an alcoholic". Do you wake up with the DT's? Do you need an eye opener? Do you have to drink even when layed up in hospital or at home with a virus? I know there's levels to this shit but six beers and going to work the next day doesn't smack of addiction to me.

I think for some people, it's the inability to stop that's worse than the amount they're taking in. It's probably worse when you can't quit when you're older, as it bumps you into a higher risk of 
health problems.

It's weird too, because I never considered drinking like that as "binge drinking" but apparently six beers a night constitutes as daily binge drinking.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2017, 04:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Good point.

[close]

I think for some people, it's the inability to stop that's worse than the amount they're taking in. It's probably worse when you can't quit when you're older, as it bumps you into a higher risk of 
health problems.

It's weird too, because I never considered drinking like that as "binge drinking" but apparently six beers a night constitutes as daily binge drinking.
I'm not even referring to the amount of beers or units of alcohol. Being an habitual drinker does not make you an alcoholic. Like I said, there are levels to this.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Good point.

[close]

health problems.

[close]
I'm not even referring to the amount of beers or units of alcohol. Being an habitual drinker does not make you an alcoholic. Like I said, there are levels to this.

There are definitely cultural differences when it comes to that, it seems like Asia and Europe accept it as part of daily life while the United States tends to demonize it as a problem.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:54 AM »
I drink 2 beers and I get a headache now. Alcohol always been wack though. America needs to step its substance use game up. I think most alcoholics aint alcoholics though, them niggas just want a beer. Alot of people just give in to the AA CVLT definitions, which alot of stuff they say is bullshit.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2017, 07:39:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Good point.

[close]

health problems.

[close]

Exactly

If you wake up and go to work I wouldn't be labelling yourself an alcoholic.

If you wake up, smash 2-3 beers, fill up a pop bottle with  vodka and go to work, well, then it's pretty obvious

And nobody is dt'ing from a 6 pack a day unless your tolerance is that of a child
Gentleman ninja warlock

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »
Sheckler definitely has one of the smoothest kickflips still. Stoked to see he's more peaceful, although I had no idea he was struggling with things. It's crazy to think that at one point in time, he occupied the same "teen heartthrob" space that Bieber now does.   

It'd be interesting to see him try big park contests. Not sure when Ishod ever won any himself, though, from what Nieratko was saying. I watched the most recent x-games big park and it didn't seem like he could keep up with the rest of the roster at all; I think he even got last place. Mini-ramp to big park transition seems like it'd be hard.   

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:41 AM »
I am an alcohlic and it's straight up murdering me slowly. The soberiety thing is still weird though. Ok you got clean, so what? With that being stated, Sheckler's kickflip on that gap was and still is iconic.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:08 AM »
I am an alcohlic and it's straight up murdering me slowly. The soberiety thing is still weird though. Ok you got clean, so what? With that being stated, Sheckler's kickflip on that gap was and still is iconic.

So, I guess they got clean and now alcohol isn't murdering them slowly?

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
Since we're all going on about drinking, I'm pretty happy I don't drink Wild Turkey anymore. Although at times I'd love a sip, it just wouldn't work out well for me. Beer is easy to not touch for long periods of time, but I'll have one or two every once in a while. Everyone I know with a drinking problem either denies it or flip flops with sobriety, shit's a fight.

I hear you. Turkey 101 is so fucking good. I have a handle of it right now, and its been a love hate thing. I really should stick to beer.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »

all the feels <3

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »
The beauty of sobriety is you have time -- not in a cheesy "this is the first day of the rest of your life" sense, but in a "I have so much time on my hands, I don't know what to do with myself" type of way. It's a blessing and a curse, since so much free time can lead you back to the bottle, but if you can stick with it and fill that time with worthwhile pursuits, it's a blast. Ever since I quit drinking, I've been skating more, tackling more creative projects, and picked up a few new hobbies along the way. Good luck to you if/when you quit drinking.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The beauty of sobriety is you have time -- not in a cheesy "this is the first day of the rest of your life" sense, but in a "I have so much time on my hands, I don't know what to do with myself" type of way. It's a blessing and a curse, since so much free time can lead you back to the bottle, but if you can stick with it and fill that time with worthwhile pursuits, it's a blast. Ever since I quit drinking, I've been skating more, tackling more creative projects, and picked up a few new hobbies along the way. Good luck to you if/when you quit drinking.

Absolutely this.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Chippedwood

• Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely this.

yep, i deepfully regret drinking heavily during what was my prime, wasting 10 years of my life, but after 3 years sober i was the best i'd ever been at skating.
i feel bad for shecks he got thrown into a fucking weird situation, i remember when that MTV show came out i was like this kid is gonna commit suicide, his parents are fucked and they were putting all this pressure on him and the white trash that won the lottery with their son lifestyle was too sad for me.
dont become famous, delete your instagram go skate and meet people in real life, dont learn 540's or inverts

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2017, 07:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Absolutely this.
[close]

yep, i deepfully regret drinking heavily during what was my prime, wasting 10 years of my life, but after 3 years sober i was the best i'd ever been at skating.
i feel bad for shecks he got thrown into a fucking weird situation, i remember when that MTV show came out i was like this kid is gonna commit suicide, his parents are fucked and they were putting all this pressure on him and the white trash that won the lottery with their son lifestyle was too sad for me.
dont become famous, delete your instagram go skate and meet people in real life, dont learn 540's or inverts
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this