Author Topic: Marc Johnson Interview  (Read 11458 times)

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

Re: Marc Johnson Interview
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2017, 04:51:22 AM »
Prozactamundo!

Expand Quote
I hope he is mentally in a better place now. He kind of seems like because of his rough childhood he maybe chose the wrong career path for his talents. I understand skateboarding was his getaway from family problems like for many others but I don't know if it was the right one for him. And because skateboarding doesn't value having brains he's stuck in a place where he doesn't have the right skill set to do anything else so he has to stick with it. Being in the twilight years of his career he is realizing that he has kind of wasted his talent on his the first option to get out of his miserable childhood conditions rather than maybe waiting and getting a degree on something more suitable for his mind. Not to say he isn't one of the greatest to ever do it but that doesn't mean shit if you aren't good with you internally. Sorry for the psychoanalysis and rambling just my two cents.

Would be stoked to see some skateboarding from him though.
[close]

By wasted talent do you mean thinking you are way more intelligent and enlightened than you are and talking in a condescending manner to try and prove it?

GershonSweaty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2017, 06:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
You take that back about sweet, sweet, loveable Captain Lou, you god damn son of a bitch.
[close]

I liked it for a time, his man down part was really good.  I could say just as much good stuff about the guy I guess.  It's just a build up for me.  Prolly boils down to that hair cut. He kinda was just putting out the transition skating at the end and I wasn't liking that as much as his street. But he desearves the love for his skating AND personality.  I just got turned off personally by all the camera mugging he does.  He might be decent and so might Marc.  I have my shiddy little opinion on slap but in real life I'm open to meeting people in person cause you never know what there like.

Total tangent but when Louie came to my hometown I saw him eat a subway sandwich. Broke the illusion
I guess.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2017, 06:41:48 AM »
were u expecting him to go to a whole foods?

ungzilla

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2017, 06:42:33 AM »
I hope he is mentally in a better place now. He kind of seems like because of his rough childhood he maybe chose the wrong career path for his talents. I understand skateboarding was his getaway from family problems like for many others but I don't know if it was the right one for him. And because skateboarding doesn't value having brains he's stuck in a place where he doesn't have the right skill set to do anything else so he has to stick with it. Being in the twilight years of his career he is realizing that he has kind of wasted his talent on his the first option to get out of his miserable childhood conditions rather than maybe waiting and getting a degree on something more suitable for his mind. Not to say he isn't one of the greatest to ever do it but that doesn't mean shit if you aren't good with you internally. Sorry for the psychoanalysis and rambling just my two cents.

Doesn't the guy think the pyramids were built by aliens and shit? I don't think an overabundance of brain power is his issue. I do love his skating though... When I was a youngster he was probably my favorite dude out. I thought he was the funniest/funnest guy, but now that I'm almost as ancient and decrepit as he is, he seems like a psycho.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2017, 06:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't really get the hate. I kind of skipped through it a bit, I'm not gonna sit there and listen to it all, but it's just a guy talking some shit on a porch, no?
[close]
People think he's got a shtick.  It crystallized for me in that skit he does wearing the long coat and ball cap.  I can't even critique his interviews cause I'm not gonna sit there thru it. I started disliking Marc and Louie simaltainiously. Louie shakes his hair around during tricks and panders alot.
[close]

Fuck... Barletta? Goddamn dude you gotta call it a day. Fucking pack it in, go home.

I get MJ hate, but Barletta? Dude is a genuine sweetheart! How are you hating on Louie Barletta, and downplaying French Fred's filming on the same day? I honestly can't remember anyone in recent history with opinions this historically fucking awful!

Adore who you like, don't let me infringe on that old chip. I just thought the fun was hating who you want to.  When did that change anyway?  (besides i m fucking honest which helps you kook who you think is your enemy.  If I lied about my opinions to garner rep, what kinda forum would you have then? )    Edit -Ive got to ask you tho, why's it okay to shit on marc johnson and not louie?  Neither of these guys killed any one I don't think.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:55:15 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Mongoloid

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2017, 07:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't really get the hate. I kind of skipped through it a bit, I'm not gonna sit there and listen to it all, but it's just a guy talking some shit on a porch, no?
[close]
People think he's got a shtick.  It crystallized for me in that skit he does wearing the long coat and ball cap.  I can't even critique his interviews cause I'm not gonna sit there thru it. I started disliking Marc and Louie simaltainiously. Louie shakes his hair around during tricks and panders alot.
[close]

Fuck... Barletta? Goddamn dude you gotta call it a day. Fucking pack it in, go home.

I get MJ hate, but Barletta? Dude is a genuine sweetheart! How are you hating on Louie Barletta, and downplaying French Fred's filming on the same day? I honestly can't remember anyone in recent history with opinions this historically fucking awful!
[close]

Adore who you like, don't let me infringe on that old chip. I just thought the fun was hating who you want to.  When did that change anyway?  (besides i m fucking honest which helps you kook who you think is your enemy.  If I lied about my opinions to garner rep, what kinda forum would you have then? )    Edit -Ive got to ask you tho, why's it okay to shit on marc johnson and not louie?  Neither of these guys killed any one I don't think.

Nah it’s cool man, if we a agreed on everything this place would get stale pretty fast.

I’ve defended MJ on here too as I think he’s got some serious demons, but I just simply refuse nowadays to rehash the argument as the cyclical arguments didn’t seem to have an end. That and despite his issues he’s continually putting himself out there, which until he finds sobriety is just asking for criticism.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2017, 09:02:28 AM »
  ^ It's good to hate but I like slap for attacking haters too.  I'm the hater in this situation for sure but I've defended pros I like,  Louie is defendable cause he's brought something to the skate table if you look at his career .  I can see why you would defend someone who put the work in and left an impression on the art of skating.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
If you hate on Louie you're an idiot.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
If you hate on Louie you're an idiot.
  Again I ask a person; why is it okay for me to slander MJ and not Louie Barletta?  If you start answering why it's okay to bash Marc I'd ask you if you knew him personally, and you'd prolly say no and list stupid internet reasons why its okay to 'hate on' Marc.  I'm fine dude if you like Louie Bareletta bunny ears and the whole thing.  Just that slap 'love' gets pretty same shit with the pet names; aa captain lou oneeight and the dogmatic heath appreation (hes rad but there's alot of amazing pros, tons)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:07:26 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »