Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 704800 times)

Sedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 681
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6120 on: April 21, 2024, 06:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to try the 93a, but I skate exclusively on smooth tennis courts, so don’t think they’ll benefit me 🥲
[close]

They won't in that situation, better stick with harder wheels.
[close]
Yeah, going to stick with my 99s. Honestly my current setup is perfect. I’ve been using it for six months and never have to think about it. I just need to stay offline. Seeing new gear makes me want to try it. Cause skateboarding is so cheap compared to other hobbies/lifestyles. But I need to think of the mental cost. Can’t afford another bout of madness.
[close]

How can you have madness when you post that you rarely pop your board?
[close]

You don’t need to pop your board to be good at skateboarding and tinker with your setup. There are people who primarily just do slappies and fuckin rip.

^ Facts. Hard stop.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

rikki

• Rep: 280
« Reply #6121 on: April 21, 2024, 10:04:38 PM »
Speaking of the 93 slide, how does it compare to that of the X99, anyone?

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 56
« Reply #6122 on: April 22, 2024, 03:00:43 AM »

After two sessions on 93 52mm Classics, the slide is better than previously tried Nomads, X97 and F4 97, in my opinion.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6123 on: April 22, 2024, 03:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

After two sessions on 93 52mm Classics, the slide is better than previously tried Nomads, X97 and F4 97, in my opinion.

What I wanna know is how the Sapphires and these sound they way they do?

Or perhaps every YouTubers gotta bank of official spit sound effects and doing drum replacement therapy on us.

I fuckin checked video against video on the same channel too. The sound between dragons and spits appears to be almost night and day.

Is this facts or miss observation?

I even heard the Aaron Kyro say that about the sapphires on his skitching slider wheel test.

Those are the only braile videos that matter. I need to see the inside of wheels
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CarcassToss

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6124 on: April 22, 2024, 07:12:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to try the 93a, but I skate exclusively on smooth tennis courts, so don’t think they’ll benefit me 🥲
[close]

[close]
Yeah, going to stick with my 99s. Honestly my current setup is perfect. I’ve been using it for six months and never have to think about it. I just need to stay offline. Seeing new gear makes me want to try it. Cause skateboarding is so cheap compared to other hobbies/lifestyles. But I need to think of the mental cost. Can’t afford another bout of madness.
[close]

[close]

You don’t need to pop your board to be good at skateboarding and tinker with your setup. There are people who primarily just do slappies and fuckin rip.
[close]

^ Facts. Hard stop.

True, but dude just posted he mostly rolls and does no complies. Those aren't slappies. I could understand madness for slappies. I use my larger transition setup for curb days and dudes have pretty unique setups and I get why. It sounded like the poster is mostly into cruising and the variables there aren't inherently complex and you could just setup a few different cruisers like a polarizer, old school setup, etc and things like pop timing, grind, balance point won't matter.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 65
« Reply #6125 on: April 22, 2024, 07:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Exactly. I don’t have a huge bag of tricks (basically only do a few no comply variations), but my setup still matters.

For example, I’m 240lbs and wear a size 14. I started out on an 8.5 deck with a 14 inch wheelbase that tapered to 8.25 at the tail (Kenny Anderson Skidul shape), and I had Indy’s with stock bushings. Needless to say, that didn’t work for someone my size 😅

So even when cruising, setup actually matters, and any skater should know that. But this is the internet, so you know folks gotta be silly and take shots at others for no reason.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 65
« Reply #6126 on: April 22, 2024, 07:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

^ Facts. Hard stop.
[close]

True, but dude just posted he mostly rolls and does no complies. Those aren't slappies. I could understand madness for slappies. I use my larger transition setup for curb days and dudes have pretty unique setups and I get why. It sounded like the poster is mostly into cruising and the variables there aren't inherently complex and you could just setup a few different cruisers like a polarizer, old school setup, etc and things like pop timing, grind, balance point won't matter.
See the post above this.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6127 on: April 22, 2024, 07:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What I wanna know is how the Sapphires and these sound they way they do?

Or perhaps every YouTubers gotta bank of official spit sound effects and doing drum replacement therapy on us.

I fuckin checked video against video on the same channel too. The sound between dragons and spits appears to be almost night and day.

Is this facts or miss observation?

I even heard the Aaron Kyro say that about the sapphires on his skitching slider wheel test.

Those are the only braile videos that matter. I need to see the inside of wheels

sapphires are probably like filmer wheels

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #6128 on: April 22, 2024, 02:13:23 PM »
I was going through a box of used gear and look at these beauties. 52 99a Radial Slims
Still a hair over 51 mm. I wonder how much I could get for these? Do people lust over them that much?
They're not for sale.
I've been on nothing but F4's for maybe 8 years now. The first set was 101a. Nothing but 99a since. I had 3 or 4 sets of Slims in a row and loved them. But I had a battle with this trick where I was landing alongside a parallel crack and kept getting stuck in it. My friend rides an identical setup to me. Except he had classics on. I did a little test and I was able to roll over these cracks where the slims would catch.
But they have their selling points. Flip tricks feel great. And they just look good.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6129 on: April 22, 2024, 03:53:09 PM »
I wonder how much I could get for these? Do people lust over them that much?
They're not for sale.

If they are not for sale, why worry about it?

Given how beat and small they are, probably nothing.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6130 on: April 22, 2024, 04:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Exactly. I don’t have a huge bag of tricks (basically only do a few no comply variations), but my setup still matters.

For example, I’m 240lbs and wear a size 14. I started out on an 8.5 deck with a 14 inch wheelbase that tapered to 8.25 at the tail (Kenny Anderson Skidul shape), and I had Indy’s with stock bushings. Needless to say, that didn’t work for someone my size 😅

So even when cruising, setup actually matters, and any skater should know that. But this is the internet, so you know folks gotta be silly and take shots at others for no reason.

Sure- that's like someone your size buying a bike. But at the end of the day as long as the obvious basics are covered like it fits and safely allows them to do the activity then the specifics are a matter of taste not necessity.

Free hat

• Rep: 81
« Reply #6131 on: April 22, 2024, 05:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sure- that's like someone your size buying a bike. But at the end of the day as long as the obvious basics are covered like it fits and safely allows them to do the activity then the specifics are a matter of taste not necessity.

I don’t understand why you can’t comprehend the fact that gear matters to people regardless of the complexity of their trick selection. Trucks turn differently, wheel size/shape/duro effect how it rides, board dimensions change how it feels etc. You sound like an elitist arguing that he should just ride anything that “fits” and not focus on the nuances of his setup because he doesn’t do certain tricks. Fools were tinkering with their shit before kickflips were commonplace.