Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 296043 times)

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #4290 on: September 15, 2018, 06:08:36 AM »
I had to get used to the way my board popped with my ventures, and the first day or two was terrible. Once I got used to it I feel in love. However I'm having my semiannual truck crisis and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on some 33 Aces.

I had a really good session on them yesterday.  They are great in the mini bowl and super stable on manuals.  My pop is higher but harder to control if that makes sense.

They straight up turn amazingly well.  Very surfy in the bowl.  I'm going to stick with them for a while but I'm not getting rid of my thunders yet

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4291 on: September 15, 2018, 10:30:45 AM »
Tried running Krux downlow kingpins in my Thunders and ended up not digging it. If anyone wants to buy em off me send me a PM.

It's working good for me.  What happened?

I wasn't able to adjust them with the trucks on, due to the kingpin nut slipping. That was weird because I thought I read in a thread on here somewhere the Thunder baseplate would hold the nut but mine didn't. I also had a weird phantom creak sound/feeling when I turned deep with them which could've been bushings, washer, or pivot cup related, but it doesn't happen with the stock kingpins. I put my stock kingpins back in and tightened them where I like them then took a metal file to the nuts where they had been catching, and I'm satisfied with that for now.

Yah they spin for sure....and it's true once you start messing around shits a bit different.  I was just annoyed how quickly you start smashing your kingpin on thunders. 

kentrock

• Rep: -72
« Reply #4292 on: September 15, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »
indy 144 with soft indy busings in back, 149 with stock bushings in front, ride like a dream

shripshrapper

• Rep: -9
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #4293 on: September 15, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
I had to get used to the way my board popped with my ventures, and the first day or two was terrible. Once I got used to it I feel in love. However I'm having my semiannual truck crisis and I am thinking about pulling the trigger on some 33 Aces.

I've been thinking about ventures for almost a year now.. But I just finally got settled on indy-pop, I don't think I can handle that stress right now. Those axles look pretty far to the front :o

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #4294 on: September 21, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »
Skating Indys on a jk industries slick, board is heavy as a tank. Anyway, skated fine but afterwards my knees aching like a bitch (ps I'm 42). Was pondering putting thunders back on and seeing if a lighter board = less knee ache? Could just be flat out oldness. Anyone else experiment with weight of board vs. Old ass knees?
GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG ! GANG !

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4295 on: September 21, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
thunder 149 highs with bones black hard bushings.

hey pickle

• Rep: -30
« Reply #4296 on: September 22, 2018, 03:28:25 AM »
i know this is most likely been asked and answered but i cant find it - do krux bushings fit ib venture highs???

just bought the raw 5.2 highs and not keen on the stock bushings

thanks

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
« Reply #4297 on: September 22, 2018, 04:10:59 AM »
i know this is most likely been asked and answered but i cant find it - do krux bushings fit ib venture highs???

thanks

No idea about Krux but Indy bushings are an exact fit on Venture highs.

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4298 on: Today at 08:22:20 PM »
You know whatís crazy, my 148 thunder titaniumís are lighter than my 145 lights

I guess titanium isnít a gimmick in the skate world
yes

hangontoyourego

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4299 on: Today at 08:56:31 PM »

thanks

No idea about Krux but Indy bushings are an exact fit on Venture highs.

I just got dlx bushings  for my ventures highs . I like em but prob take the bottom washer off
"There's too much caffeine
In your bloodstream
And a lack of real spice
In your life"