Author Topic: JART of creativity  (Read 6406 times)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: JART of creativity
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »
They have no interest in graphics, they make good product for a reasonable price. I think that they are more interested in manufacturate than his own brand...

Esquivel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »
Jart, durable boards ?

This company is making decks for my local shop, and the quality is unpredictable.

The first run was great, but six month after, everything was horrible.

The ink quality was lame, and the board lost their pop after 15 hours of ledge skating.

haven't bough a shop deck since.

You know, a factory can produce a product in a wide range of quality/price.
Also, a skateshop is allowed to order high quality boards for the first run and then switch to shit wood, all manufactured in the same factory.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 06:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Jart, durable boards ?

This company is making decks for my local shop, and the quality is unpredictable.

The first run was great, but six month after, everything was horrible.

The ink quality was lame, and the board lost their pop after 15 hours of ledge skating.

haven't bough a shop deck since.
[close]

You know, a factory can produce a product in a wide range of quality/price.
Also, a skateshop is allowed to order high quality boards for the first run and then switch to shit wood, all manufactured in the same factory.

This.

My local used to do some decks through Jart aswell and they were kinda shitty. Felt heavy and lost the pop quick. They were pretty cheap so I rode a couple. But at the same time I had this friend that was starting a deck brand and the boards were made through Jart aswell. The difference was night and day, really good wood, strong and lasting pop. To compensate the extra money for extra quality deck he would screen print the graphics himself.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 06:57:02 AM »
Also last year HLC changed his manufacturing process and glue components and the change in quality is big.
All these popular brands, and their pro use HLC wood for a reason and not only the price.
A lot damage can be made during the transportation and it depends a lot on how the boards were stored at the shop.

Jart art direction is bad, but if you've never been known for your graphic you can't go out of style either. I mean at this point all they can do is improve their art, it would be hard to be worse.

chodekaka

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 07:26:57 AM »
Also last year HLC changed his manufacturing process and glue components and the change in quality is big.
All these popular brands, and their pro use HLC wood for a reason and not only the price.
A lot damage can be made during the transportation and it depends a lot on how the boards were stored at the shop.

Jart art direction is bad, but if you've never been known for your graphic you can't go out of style either. I mean at this point all they can do is improve their art, it would be hard to be worse.
My point is more the ethics of stealing everyone’s art and hit series and taking no stance for yourself. Sell blanks then if you don’t care about art, ripping off others takes a bit of conscious effort. Just do blank Color or plain patterns like mini logo why actively try and be other companies? The art is your branding and everything so it shows lack of care, like getting into it purely for the money don’t even care about what your shit looks like or stands for. Again makes me wonder, is it hard for some reason to find affordable quality goods in Europe you guys seem hyped on price but they are the same price as others no? And skateboard decks in themselves aren’t expensive.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:28:48 AM by chodekaka »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
My point is more the ethics of stealing everyone’s art and hit series and taking no stance for yourself. Sell blanks then if you don’t care about art, ripping off others takes a bit of conscious effort. Just do blank Color or plain patterns like mini logo why actively try and be other companies? The art is your branding and everything so it shows lack of care, like getting into it purely for the money don’t even care about what your shit looks like or stands for. Again makes me wonder, is it hard for some reason to find affordable quality goods in Europe you guys seem hyped on price but they are the same price as others no? And skateboard decks in themselves aren’t expensive.

In Europe they are like 10e cheaper than the rest of the product, which is around 20% cheaper. For me and a lot of people it's like you can have a Sour or whatever brand made by HLC board with a shitty graphic for 20% cheaper.
It depends on how you see things. Would you have a deluxe/Polar/baker board with a plan B graphic if it means paying 10 dollars cheaper? Maybe you wouldn't, but a lot of kids and people who just want wood under their feet would.

Also I think the owners aren't skatenerds and don't see the difference major differences between Plan B graphics and Chocolate art. I don't think they even realize some of their art is copy paste from other brands.
They have a guy working on the graphics while they focus on making and selling wood. It sells, numbers grow, why try to fix something that works?

They probably see board graphics as most of us see wheel graphics. It's here but it's doesn't really matter in the end.

By the way I totally agree with you. I'm just trying to explain how I see the situation.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:44:50 AM by Turtle Boy »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »
Again makes me wonder, is it hard for some reason to find affordable quality goods in Europe you guys seem hyped on price but they are the same price as others no? And skateboard decks in themselves aren’t expensive.
you think 80€ for a skateboard deck is not expensive?
what about baker in the usa? they are about 50 $, no?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:37:25 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 08:47:22 AM »
I'd honestly back their graphics if they had the balls to just put their logo over the one of the brand they were blatantly ripping off.

ratherwatch

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
The graphics guy is the boyfriend/ husband of the owners' sister.
This goes some way to explaining matters.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
The graphics guy is the boyfriend/ husband of the owners' sister.
This goes some way to explaining matters.
That's false, the owners don't have sisters. The graphic guy is just a close friend of one of the owners.