Author Topic: Bobby Worrest | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 72  (Read 11390 times)

Mattynooo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Bobby Worrest | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 72
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 08:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
That part @20:48ish where they talk about Paul McElroy/the unpaid citation for skating going against one's driving record is some absolute hornswaggle
 I would move immediately. Anyone else live in a state that perpetuates this unconstitutional bullstuff? The power that some police have, I can't/can believe it.
[close]

All of us?

Yeah, I have had the same thing happen years ago at Pulaski...board taken, ticket, etc.  To pay it, since it is a moving violation, you have to go to the DMV which in DC is fucking horrible and then try to find your board at whatever location they think it is at. 

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 08:16:28 AM »
Wish he would have talked about Huf and how they didn't put him on. A grave error on Huf's part, but if he didn't get on Nike we woulda never gotten that Hjalete shared part. It was also pretty hilarious that he was embarrassed that he wanted to be like Josh and Stevie.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
That's crazy that cops are expected to tag/deposit confiscated skateboards and it's even more ridiculous you can go to the DMV and get it back. As I don't know what it's like to live in Satan's Asshole, I had to ask, because the cops def don't do it like that by me. If it's gone, it's gone, or they put under the wheels & run it over right then and there because focusing it is just too physically demanding of a task. Also, fuck the police.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 08:52:44 AM »
That's crazy that cops are expected to tag/deposit confiscated skateboards and it's even more ridiculous you can go to the DMV and get it back. As I don't know what it's like to live in Satan's Asshole, I had to ask, because the cops def don't do it like that by me. If it's gone, it's gone, or they put under the wheels & run it over right then and there because focusing it is just too physically demanding of a task. Also, fuck the police.

They charge you to get it back, some places charge for "storage", and some places sell them at police auctions. It's not for no reason it's organized theft.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 09:00:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They charge you to get it back, some places charge for "storage", and some places sell them at police auctions. It's not for no reason it's organized theft.

That part is very clear, however it just seems aimless, depending on where you were, I would think that'd be a lot of gas spent + time away from doing the actual job, especially since I'm guessing DC could use more police where it really matters. Although, this is the same group that finds it logical to send 10 cops to lock up 1 poor guy with $10 worth of crack.

That sucks & makes me thankful to have no heavily contested skate spots.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That part is very clear, however it just seems aimless, depending on where you were, I would think that'd be a lot of gas spent + time away from doing the actual job, especially since I'm guessing DC could use more police where it really matters. Although, this is the same group that finds it logical to send 10 cops to lock up 1 poor guy with $10 worth of crack.

That sucks & makes me thankful to have no heavily contested skate spots.

They're good on warm bodies, they aren't good on smart warm bodies.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »
I really wanted Bobby to call the dude that Roger thought was always at Bam's. That whole thing was hilarious to me and I want to know who was right.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »
Its been another good week for the husky boys.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »
I said it before and I'll say it again. Try skating in Minnesota. Those cops fuckin suck hard.

I was in bemidji, probably 2002ish, whole crew got arrested for skating at the library and we spent 2 nights behind bars.

They even put evidence tags on our fuckin boards.

Settle the fuck down

In Canada the cops come and just politely ask you to leave.
Gentleman ninja warlock

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »
wow never would have thought that when kelly asked about the craziest thing seen at pulaski he was asking roger!

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 07:09:21 PM »
wow never would have thought that when kelly asked about the craziest thing seen at pulaski he was asking roger!

real shit roger straight poached the end of that "assault on an officer" story from Worrest, I'm telling you roger needs a "steal my thunder" show where he can get it all out, so he no longer has to continue talking over/undercutting the guests. That & Roberts' endless attempts to finish his guest's stories, try to keep count of how many times since the start of the show he interrupts a guest with what he thinks he/she will say, and they will go "no..."

This is basically the 72nd reason why this skate podcast game is still wide open, ready for an podcast/interviewer who has no agenda/knows how to listen/doesn't have companies pressing him to come in and change the world.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »
Bobby is the best, some of my favourite parts ever.

Why didn't soletech get rid of etnies instead of es? just because etnies was the first sole tech shoe brand? Es had a great line up and videos before their "hiatus". also Kelly pretty much quoted don browns episode about why Es took some time off

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2017, 04:07:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

real shit roger straight poached the end of that "assault on an officer" story from Worrest, I'm telling you roger needs a "steal my thunder" show where he can get it all out, so he no longer has to continue talking over/undercutting the guests. That & Roberts' endless attempts to finish his guest's stories, try to keep count of how many times since the start of the show he interrupts a guest with what he thinks he/she will say, and they will go "no..."

That shit gets on my nerves.  It's way more apparent when you're just listening to it as opposed to watching it.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »
On the bright side, it appears Crob has taken the hint to sitting back and letting the guests talk. Towards the end he was quiet as a mouse until he wrapped it up.

7 year old

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »

Why didn't soletech get rid of etnies instead of es? just because etnies was the first sole tech shoe brand? Es had a great line up and videos before their "hiatus". also Kelly pretty much quoted don browns episode about why Es took some time off
Es was doing the worst of the 3 at the time. Probably still is.

micky682

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2017, 08:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Wasn't there a rumor that Sole Tech was gonna drop Altamont, but Reynolds threatened to quit Emerica so they dropped eS instead?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »
You guys are expecting waaaaaaaay too much out of skateboarders.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
Taxstone was a lot less qualified, resume/capability-wise, look what he accomplished in less than a year.
I don't believe skateboarding would allow a "taxstone" style podcast. Too many people are afraid of adults being adults.

7 year old

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2017, 10:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Wasn't there a rumor that Sole Tech was gonna drop Altamont, but Reynolds threatened to quit Emerica so they dropped eS instead?
I definitely remember reading that on here now that you mention it. Something like Reynolds was going to leave and take a lot of people with him too. I might be making up that second part.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »

I'd wager that financially Etnies are (or at least were) doing the best of the three. The Callicuts plus Ryan Sheckler's MTV fame probably did them pretty well, for better or worse.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 01:34:28 PM »
Haha, "So what's that, 5x4 is 100??"
Good thing Bobby found skateboarding.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
i liked how they called out the fact that all three of the soletech brands basically were making the same generic vulcanized shoe. i was a big fan of es/emerica at the time es canned it self and resorted to nike sb's cause they had the dunk a long with a few other solid cupsoles they always released.. i was on the nike sb hype for the last 3-4 years and just this year bought skate shoes (supras and lakai)
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That shit gets on my nerves.  It's way more apparent when you're just listening to it as opposed to watching it.

I used to listen to WTF pod and Marc Maron would often guess how stories would end but would always be wrong.  I think it’s just an occupational hazard

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 06:48:29 AM »
"I'll take it"...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2017, 09:12:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I used to listen to WTF pod and Marc Maron would often guess how stories would end but would always be wrong.  I think it’s just an occupational hazard

I like how Maron would open with a broad generalization of his guest based on what he knows about similar looking people and television/film characters, and he would always be wrong. I speak in the past tense because I can't listen to him anymore.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I like how Maron would open with a broad generalization of his guest based on what he knows about similar looking people and television/film characters, and he would always be wrong. I speak in the past tense because I can't listen to him anymore.

Yeah same here, but he’s pretty great in GLOW.  Just gives you what you want of him

Joe Pesci

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 11:15:47 AM »
i was on the nike sb hype for the last 3-4 years and just this year bought skate shoes (supras and lakai)
Supra is owned by K Swiss now, which is why almost everyone left the company. Not sure if it's because of contracts not being renewed or personal reasons, but either way

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
i was on the nike sb hype for the last 3-4 years and just this year bought skate shoes (supras and lakai)
[close]
Supra is owned by K Swiss now, which is why almost everyone left the company. Not sure if it's because of contracts not being renewed or personal reasons, but either way

Yeah, Boo Johnson talked about this on his episode. Sounds like it was super lame how they did it too.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah same here, but he’s pretty great in GLOW.  Just gives you what you want of him

I still listen to Maron when I'm interested in the guest.

I get annoyed with him, but he can produce a good interview. The P.T. Anderson and Louis C.K. ones are the first to come to mind. Crazy he interviewed Obama too, but I've still never listened to that one.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2017, 10:44:07 PM »
I think they are all hacks....I listen nonetheless......