Author Topic: Is this the beginning of the end?  (Read 7574 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Is this the beginning of the end?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
Is this the beginning of the end?

Yes
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

biggums mcgee

• Rep: 14
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 12:21:53 PM »
Expand Quote
the tao of skateboarding
[close]
A bunch of pumpkin pie haircutted freaks in that one.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ThaStampede

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
I hope it becomes uncool again

My dream

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 05:43:35 AM »
Once all the legends from the 70s-00s are dead, there will be no one but cucks left and the industry will go up in flames with faggotry.
Gay bashing isn't cool

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:41 AM »
I thought it was the end when it all went to pressure flips and late flips for a minute a while back. 

Cycles, man. 

Just like then, dudes are going to fall out because they think they have to do all this incredible shit that they see in the videos to feel like they're somebody.  Let them drop away and we continue to enjoy this thing we have whatever it is to you.  Hopefully they'll find their way back.  Not everyone is a lifer in skateboarding.

Even the scoot kids will drop away like the bladers did in the past when they realize nobody gives a shit about the tricks they do no matter how rad they think they are.  Everyone who was around back then remember the droves of rollerbladers everywhere.  Where are they now?

Bubbles, man.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 07:13:32 AM »
Your not the only one GAY

I was having this convo yesterday with one of the doods at ripped laces.

Neither of us had an answer, but we both drew a similar conclusion.

That conclusion was basically nobody knows where the fuck skateboarding is heading?

But it sure has changed, that's undeniable.

And also a big reason alot of us cling to "our era" of skating, which for me is the 90's/early 2000's

That's my heyday.

Yeah, skateboarding isnt dying down at all. It is however pushing away from that era. A lot of people wont watch 20 year old videos or dont feel attracted to that.

The people here thinking that skating is dying down because no one in their park is talking about Sean Sheffeys part in the Life video anymore are just dated basically.

Not to say I dont love old videos, but I do appreciate the new skaters and shit that is coming out. Not all of it, since some shit is really wack but I do keep an open mind and appreciate the new era  of people and styles coming up

imad

• Rep: -167
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Once all the legends from the 70s-00s are dead, there will be no one but cucks left and the industry will go up in flames with faggotry.
[close]
Gay bashing isn't cool

Faggot.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 04:17:28 AM »
The thing that has changed the most, for me, its the "social" part of skating; at least in my country you'l find either the young-kid-iphoneearpods-not-talking-to-anyone or the fucked-up-28-yearsold-skaterparkpartydude-haven't doneshitever.... So you end up bored to dead with zombie kids worried about their clips for instagram/listening music OR tired to see the same dudes in the same place half-drunk/hangover and not even skating

Social media changed the game so much that kids nowadays don't get impressed with tricks in real life. Your local hero kickfliping 8-10 stairs "competes" directly with the most recent Joslin trick down an entire building posted on instagram...

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Gay bashing isn't cool
[close]

Faggot.

Hey dude wanna hook up? from the way you post you seem pretty hot

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »
Just been seeing from my local scene that the culture of skateboarding is starting to kind of dry up. With all the big company's starting to fold and the outside perception of skateboarding changing, what's happening? Now when I go to the park there's always 20 scooter kids ages 10-17 running the whole park. Even the younger kids that do skate all look up to the Revive videos and braille scene. Do you guys feel this shift of the tao of skateboarding and where do you think it's taking our beloved wooden partner in crime?

I feel like this discussion has happened just about every year since like '98 or so.  It's never going back to the underground like the early 90's guys, hate to break it to you.

Just out of curiosity what "big companies" are starting to fold? 

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
Skateboarding is a lot like music; everyone thinks their ''era'' was the best, yet good shit is constantly coming out. You just gotta look for it.

Alex Olson mentioned this on the Thrasher Podcast. He mentions old Music is Better because we've already sifted through it and picked out all the Best/Good STuff....That's partially right. New Music is kinda Dumb & not as good, But there is some Good stuff mixed in with in all that Mumble Rap.

I agree about the Past music, But the Newer artist arent as good. There's 1 billion Artist/Rappers & the same could be said for the SK8 industry.... There is a diff between both though. SK8ing has Progressed & there's a Ton of non sponsored & Flow guy who are better than some Pros & Really good. Compare that to all these soundcloud artist & people making beats & ALbums ETC...
Do You even Street Style ???