Author Topic: SESSION (skate 4 replacement?)  (Read 4993 times)

busey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
SESSION (skate 4 replacement?)
« on: November 21, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
skate 4 isn't going to happen so session is stepping up

check it out here and donate $20 to get an early copy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/100195109/session-skateboarding-simulation-game-by-crea-ture
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: SESSION (skate 4 replacement?)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:30:12 AM »
Looks great

But the physicality of the game looks weird. They need to work on a few kinks before I'd buy it.
EA skate still best skate game confirmed.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:39:40 AM »
Looks great

But the physicality of the game looks weird. They need to work on a few kinks before I'd buy it.
EA skate still best skate game confirmed.

Yeah the animations are pretty choppy but that can be smoothened out over time. Actually looks kind of solid I might drop the $20 for it

C

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
Just backed with 20$ - the animations are in pre-alpha state and subject to change

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:04 PM »
Been playing the demo off and on since it came out. Once you get used to the controls, it actually is pretty satisfying to land tricks. There are a ton of kinks in the fluidity of the motions both control wise and in terms of animation, but since its extremely early I think this game could become great.

Most excited about the fact that they intend to add many real world spots. Definitely gonna back this before the end of the kickstarter.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
i played the demo for a few hours and could get the tricks down, it was fun.  although i can't stand turning with the triggers.   i hope there is a way to custom map controls.  i still have muscle memory from the skate games

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 07:17:09 AM »
the animations look a lot like skate 1. this looks ambitious, but im surprised it even got this far, so hopefully it comes through. is the demo only on pc?

Pigeon

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 02:02:26 PM »
I dig the Stereo advertising and the prison uniform.

Blackholebacon

• Rep: -7
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 07:28:57 AM »
I dig the Stereo advertising and the prison uniform.

lol thats just the logo for the game, a lot of people make that mistake though.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 03:34:12 AM »
SKATE VERT, MEGA RAMP, MINI RAMP AND TRANSITION WITH THE MOTION CAPTURED STYLE OF PRO SKATER ELLIOT SLOANE [VOTED][REACHED]

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »
I've been following the game for awhile and even backed it. I'm excited a decent skateboarding game is finally being made but there is no way this game will be a Skate 4 replacement for me. I can't for the life of me get used to it's controls as well. Nevertheless I wish the game a bright future, can't wait till it's officially on Steam.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 04:53:18 AM »
has anyone successfully ran this demo on a macbook pro using VirtualBox? If so, secrets please. my error message says "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine." is my graphic card too shit or can I get around it with updates and drivers?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 05:51:53 AM »
has anyone successfully ran this demo on a macbook pro using VirtualBox? If so, secrets please. my error message says "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine." is my graphic card too shit or can I get around it with updates and drivers?

I googled around a bit and it seems not possible using any virtualization software. Did you enable 3d acceleration in virtualbox and install the guest additions? Have you tried wine yet?

I read that wine supports Directx 11. Maybe give it a try?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:41:22 PM »
thanks dude! ill look into wine soon as directX11 seems to be the main thing stopping it. ill report back if i can get it to work

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 01:00:23 PM »
thanks dude! ill look into wine soon as directX11 seems to be the main thing stopping it. ill report back if i can get it to work

Honestly bro as far as gaming on a mac goes, you're better off using Apple Bootcamp, partitioning your HD & torrenting Windows OS. Its a pain in the ass to set it all up & get all the drivers but you can run PC games (considering your hardware is powerful enough) without all the extra shit since its like literally creating a separate computer within your computer. Haven't used mine for gaming in years but I was able to run fallout 4 (barely) on a 2012 MacBook Pro. Skyrim ran pretty well though, I did a whoooole play through on PC using apple bootcamp

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 11:14:47 PM »
I run it on a 2013 iMac in bootcamp running Windows 10 and it goes well.  The gameplay though, and the pre-alpha animations make it incredibly unfun though and I kinda regret backing it.  I don't understand game development but if this game is coming out in a year, they've got a shitload of work to do to the skater to make it even half enjoyable. 

I like that they've added a catch mechanic, but it's pretty badly implemented.