Author Topic: BMX for dummies  (Read 4686 times)

D.O.T. DIY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Re: BMX for dummies
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »
Cardiel put out a full fixed gear part, and rides Bmx. I think chris Cole is down for bmx too.

He’s a part owner of CULT bikes with Robbie Morales, I believe(don’t know if that’s spelled right) who was an original owner/main dude behind FIt Bikes

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 07:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Cardiel put out a full fixed gear part, and rides Bmx. I think chris Cole is down for bmx too.
[close]

He’s a part owner of CULT bikes with Robbie Morales, I believe(don’t know if that’s spelled right) who was an original owner/main dude behind FIt Bikes
i think i remember reading some bmx thread or some shit trashing on cult bikes a few years ago but i forgot what they said, something about rebranded shit parts kids eat up or something like that. also i like bikes but i dont get the appeal of grinding on a bike it just looks awkward most of the time i see it, and they like get a foot of air over the ledge then slam down on it to grind 2 inches, combine that with a overweight rider thats probably why the ledges always get fucked up. then they also have plastic pegs that probably wont kill a ledge but ive seen posts about that going "plastic pegs are for pussys blah blah there shit use metal." what all this has to do with anything i dont even know.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 12:44:03 AM »
Your point being?

D.O.T. DIY

• Rep: -45
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 05:51:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i think i remember reading some bmx thread or some shit trashing on cult bikes a few years ago but i forgot what they said, something about rebranded shit parts kids eat up or something like that. also i like bikes but i dont get the appeal of grinding on a bike it just looks awkward most of the time i see it, and they like get a foot of air over the ledge then slam down on it to grind 2 inches, combine that with a overweight rider thats probably why the ledges always get fucked up. then they also have plastic pegs that probably wont kill a ledge but ive seen posts about that going "plastic pegs are for pussys blah blah there shit use metal." what all this has to do with anything i dont even know.

Kids definitely eat up that shit, a lot of BMX brands are just like skate brands, copying each other to try and be the top shit.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 11:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Kids definitely eat up that shit, a lot of BMX brands are just like skate brands, copying each other to try and be the top shit.

Almost all the riders I know have moved away from pegs, all manuals and wall rides now, or flowing lines as airs on transition, hop up onto a ledge, 360 off or what not, and just pedal stall on transition to set up for the next trick. I remember 15 years ago the coping getting trashed at the local bowl by bikes, so I’m glad things have moved in this direction

chodekaka

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »
Street bmx looks like shit for the most part and the community is kind of riddled with pure cancer (Brandon begin Adam22 augie etc) all fuckboy degenerates. Transition bmx or whatever is pretty impressive though, like Scotty Cranmer and shit.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »
My town had one ledge growing up. In any self respecting place nobody would have even waxed that sloped old hunk of rotting cement, but it was all we had so we did. Then the one bmxer in town decided to session it and we had no ledges. He's really into lifted trucks now and no longer bmxs.