Author Topic: Louie Lopez 'West End'  (Read 21867 times)

Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
Re: Louie Lopez 'West End'
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »
ugly mane is trash. decent production for the time..boring voice with forgettable rhymes.

ur fuckin fried my guy

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
amazing part. soty is indeed a dumb reward

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2017, 04:41:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shane Oneil levels still part of the year.
[close]
Agreed. At least on a technical level, I probably enjoyed the first two parts in the Krooked video just as much. I'm actually surprised Shane didn't get much traction. I guess its because he's had arguably more impressive years and didn't drop a November part.

Although out of all the 3 people are pushing for SOTY right now, Louie has my vote. He has great style and trick selection. What Tiago does is crazy in regards to pop, but I'm not a big fan of his style, but if he wins its not like I don't think he's worthy. Tiago has released a crazy amount of high-quality stuff the last 2 years.
[close]
I feel like Shane has a curse like a guy like Gonz or Mariano- they all produced so much at such a high level for so long, that the progression becomes expected and standard, despite being levels beyond what anybody else is even imagining. Other people can come in and do less, and people are blown away, but since everybody already knows how amazing guys like Shane are, they don't get the hype.
[close]
Yeah, this is fair, I hope he finally gets it like Daewon, who was in a similar boat and somehow got it in a year which wasn't his most impressive (should have got it with the Skate More part). He's the first guy I think of when we talk about guys levels beyond everyone else.

I thought Daewon did win it after Skate More came out?

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
Never was a fan of Louie Lopez but in recent years he has become unbelievable. As someone said, there's no stomp on any of his tricks, he just keeps perfect momentum. Skates everything, fast and stylish.

I was going to say something about Foy - I knew he killed rails but didn't get why he was in this conversation yet. But I just watched what he's been up to this year and... yeah fair enough that dude is something else as well. Not as exceptional as Louie though.

I think some of the older heads on here may have some nostalgia creeping into their appreciation for Tiago. That's what I have anyway. His footage always reminds me of LA County, feels like he's carrying on in that vein. If that makes sense. Probably the most unlikely candidate for SOTY, but he's got my vote.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
ugly mane is trash. decent production for the time..boring voice with forgettable rhymes.
[close]

ur fuckin fried my guy

Ugly would destroy most rappers out today

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2017, 10:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Agreed. At least on a technical level, I probably enjoyed the first two parts in the Krooked video just as much. I'm actually surprised Shane didn't get much traction. I guess its because he's had arguably more impressive years and didn't drop a November part.

Although out of all the 3 people are pushing for SOTY right now, Louie has my vote. He has great style and trick selection. What Tiago does is crazy in regards to pop, but I'm not a big fan of his style, but if he wins its not like I don't think he's worthy. Tiago has released a crazy amount of high-quality stuff the last 2 years.
[close]
I feel like Shane has a curse like a guy like Gonz or Mariano- they all produced so much at such a high level for so long, that the progression becomes expected and standard, despite being levels beyond what anybody else is even imagining. Other people can come in and do less, and people are blown away, but since everybody already knows how amazing guys like Shane are, they don't get the hype.
[close]
Yeah, this is fair, I hope he finally gets it like Daewon, who was in a similar boat and somehow got it in a year which wasn't his most impressive (should have got it with the Skate More part). He's the first guy I think of when we talk about guys levels beyond everyone else.
[close]

Naw, I'm pretty sure Cole won it that year. He won it the year he dropped the Get Familiar part and Cheese and Crackers. I always felt Daewon should have got it for the Skate More year, and Jerry should have got it the year Daewon won, although, I'm not going to bitch too hard about Daewon winning it, because he deserves it almost every year.

So, it was after, but not for the year Skate More came out.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »

have you heard any lum songs other than the one in this part? i don't like it as well (it's a lot better than that first song though) but his projects like mista thug isolation or uneven compromise are great
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2017, 06:38:56 AM »
nino brown is Papoose's biggest fan pass it on

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Naw, I'm pretty sure Cole won it that year. He won it the year he dropped the Get Familiar part and Cheese and Crackers. I always felt Daewon should have got it for the Skate More year, and Jerry should have got it the year Daewon won, although, I'm not going to bitch too hard about Daewon winning it, because he deserves it almost every year.

So, it was after, but not for the year Skate More came out.
That's what happened, and that's exactly how I felt too.

I think some of the older heads on here may have some nostalgia creeping into their appreciation for Tiago. That's what I have anyway. His footage always reminds me of LA County, feels like he's carrying on in that vein. If that makes sense. Probably the most unlikely candidate for SOTY, but he's got my vote.

Remind me again of who was doing chest high switch back tails that we are nostalgiac for...
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

excitableboy

« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »

Remind me again of who was doing chest high switch back tails that we are nostalgiac for...
[/quote]

I don't mean to say he's regressive at all. That would be ridiculous. Just think he reps a similar aesthetic, and actually brings it back because he pushes it to new heights. Back then, this type of skating (hiphop, baggy dress, tech ledge lines) was more the norm. Now it's about skating everything, no tricks are taboo and so on. I'm sure many of us know those skaters who still stick an extra tongue in their somehow (where do they find them?) puffy shoes, pull up their pants at the thighs before popping, wouldn't dream of grabbing their board, and mainly watch videos from that era (and if they watch something current, it's likely a Brazilian). But they're a bit of a dying breed and it feels like they have a new champ in Tiago. I meant something like that.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2017, 04:44:07 PM »
I'm sure many of us know those skaters who still stick an extra tongue in their somehow (where do they find them?) puffy shoes, pull up their pants at the thighs before popping, wouldn't dream of grabbing their board, and mainly watch videos from that era (and if they watch something current, it's likely a Brazilian). But they're a bit of a dying breed and it feels like they have a new champ in Tiago. I meant something like that.

You think it's just a few tall tee baggy pants dudes that like Tiago? Dude is one of the most talked about skaters out there right now, and it's not because he likes baggy camo pants. He's amazing to watch, no matter what your favorite type of skateboarding is.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2017, 04:51:27 PM »
I can imagine Tiago, Louie and Jamie scratching their heads reading this shit... Also LOL @ guys saying Tiago's skating is ''throwback'' or whatever. Y'all too worried about the dude's pants to see clearly.

excitableboy

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »

You think it's just a few tall tee baggy pants dudes that like Tiago? Dude is one of the most talked about skaters out there right now, and it's not because he likes baggy camo pants. He's amazing to watch, no matter what your favorite type of skateboarding is.
[/quote]

No, I don't think I even implied that. He's in the conversation and obviously amazes everybody. Didn't think to mention something so obvious.

Edit: Not to say I don't realize how silly this skate theory stuff is. But I'm in a cold and unskateable place atm, so theory is all I have. That and raki.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:27:01 PM by excitableboy »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2017, 11:09:55 PM »
I can imagine Tiago, Louie and Jamie scratching their heads reading this shit... Also LOL @ guys saying Tiago's skating is ''throwback'' or whatever. Y'all too worried about the dude's pants to see clearly.
His style is loose and his arms are wild,he doesn't skate perfect (at times)and doesn't seem to care. With so many robot skater styles it's refreshing to see someone visibly trying,hence the throwback. Not saying he doesn't ever land clean as fuck,he does,but watching him gets me nostalgic. Poppin on shit like Stevie and Huf.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
I dont want to be a hater because the kid seems like a nice kid and all, but I really dont seem why this kid is so amazing, the only really mindblowing tricks on this part imo are the half cab flip over the gate, the heel flip and kickflip to the banks and the big spin heel over the kirchart gap, but there are better skaters out there in this moment imo.

oh, by the way, and his style isnt that great.

sorry just my opinion, not hating.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:27:38 AM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2017, 08:21:19 AM »
I always knew that little bugger would grow up to be great. Too good man.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2017, 07:43:05 PM »
Dude is nice. Style is wavy. Shreds basically everything. Not quite breaking the mold like Tiago and Foy are though.

In the same boat with the ones saying they don't get what is amazingly special about the dude.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2017, 10:30:29 PM »

ArtVandelay

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
They should not allow Ewan Bowman to do interviews. "Who would win in a fight?"

You've got one of the currently most talked about people in skating in front of you and these are the fucking questions you're asking? "Remember that time that guy got in your face?" "yeah yeah that was crazy bro"

Let chops from chromeball do thrashers interviews, they might actually have some substance!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2017, 06:27:58 AM »
Enjoyable but underwhelming. I really thought he might have saved his best stuff for last instead of more of the same. It's easy on the eyes but none of that is memorable for me.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2017, 08:51:15 AM »
I dont want to be a hater because the kid seems like a nice kid and all, but I really dont seem why this kid is so amazing, the only really mindblowing tricks on this part imo are the half cab flip over the gate, the heel flip and kickflip to the banks and the big spin heel over the kirchart gap, but there are better skaters out there in this moment imo.

oh, by the way, and his style isnt that great.

sorry just my opinion, not hating.

I don't know man....his style is really good. I agree he isn't pushing any boundaries or redefining skating though.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2017, 04:56:48 AM »
Louie...great skating, but this part has no jazz.