Author Topic: Louie Lopez 'West End'  (Read 21883 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
Re: Louie Lopez 'West End'
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »
pretty good, but liked the Krooked vid much better. 

Riley still has my SOTY vote.  Foy's part is good if you ignore Cole Wilson's part from earlier in the year. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

urdawg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
Louie killed it. Good part.

I've already forgotten just about all of it. Feeble pop over and ender were the standout tricks to me.

I just don't see anything particularly special about his skateboarding idk. He's streetleague-core exemplified

(I have no idea if he competes in SL)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »
That was a legit part he put out and it was great. Sure he doesn't have a giant switch backtail or is nosesliding people's roofs,but Louie came through solid!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:31:46 PM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
It has to kind of suck to put a bunch of work into a part and have it get judged solely in the context of SOTY.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2017, 01:16:23 PM »
he dresses modestly. What a nice boy.

Lickcakes, are you 73 now?

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
best style of the year

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
damn that was amazing.
he killed it soo smoothly.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
soty or not i hope he gets on fa or hockey! sick part!!!

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2017, 02:09:40 PM »
holy shit he has good style.
that kf back smith was so locked.

D. Bag

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:03 PM »

I fucking jizzed when I saw that.  Got damn, that was a thing of beauty.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
Super sick. I like Tiago for SOTY but Louie is insane the way he makes stuff look easy. Just the way he does some of his tricks like the half cab flip over the flat bar, wallride nollie bigspin but actually lands back on the wall, kickflip back smith and the my favorite was probably lip sliding but keeping all his speed on that roller coaster bump thing to nollie backside flip..they just look like it's meh to him.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
wow this was crazy, he's one of the most talented people to step on a board, he puts out consistent video parts and long video parts, his volcom part, his footage in the converse tour and this have all been over 5 minutes

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
I was really stoked on the clip where he had to run and jump onto that skinny ledge to ollie over to 50 down the rail. I've never seen anyone jump on their board and take a push simultaneously. It was really cool.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
Is it possible that Louie just makes everything look too easy?  I'm pulling for Tiago this year, but loved this.  The shuvit rewind looked better than it should have and the front hurricane half-cab flip out (or fakie flip out) on the bump to rail was a highlight for me.

S.E.

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »
this part is a clear indication that this dude is going to become someone BIG.  Def got a pre-gravis Dylan feel that has me excited

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
So I realize Im probably in the minority here, but I feel like SOTY is for ATV guys who crush whatever is in front of them.  Tiago and Louie are both nuts, but I kinda think this award should go to Ishod continually until someone else gets on his level.

i've been saying this since Ishod's soty year. he is the GOAT.

Louie is being pushed so hard by thrasher, their description of the video part and louie is so mushy

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
Anyone know if that Cons video is coming out this year? Seemed like a lot of that part was filmed stateside and I’m sure he’s got a bunch of footage filmed on all those cons trips

shit_for_brains

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
I hate to say it but I just don't get it. I don't see how he's had a year like Tiago, Jamie Foy, or even Riley Hawk.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »
Anybody else see that flip to back smith and immediately think “Tiago did a kickflip back smith on a ledge that high...from flat...in a line...switch...?” That was my first thought, but likely because of the soty context.
 But guess what? Converse is apparently currently making a full length, and he chose to release a separate part before the full video was released in late november, so any comparisons to other soty front-runners is more than fair, it was invited. This is not skateboarding as art or expression, this is skateboarding for the sake of WINNING.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
I hate to say it but I just don't get it. I don't see how he's had a year like Tiago, Jamie Foy, or even Riley Hawk.

He's 2017's palate cleanser, and dear god, we need one.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
Anybody else see that flip to back smith and immediately think “Tiago did a kickflip back smith on a ledge that high...from flat...in a line...switch...?” That was my first thought, but likely because of the soty context.
 But guess what? Converse is apparently currently making a full length, and he chose to release a separate part before the full video was released in late november, so any comparisons to other soty front-runners is more than fair, it was invited. This is not skateboarding as art or expression, this is skateboarding for the sake of WINNING.
Is there any confirmation on either of these points?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:30:17 PM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
^That's a solid year.

he deserves to be in the running no doubt.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2017, 04:55:23 PM »
Luie is good but is kinda like too many guys in the game nowadays. Tiago is umatched Im voting for him.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
I guess, but you are comparing what Tiago is absolutely the best at. Tiago couldn't do half the rail tricks Louie did in this video, just like Louie can't pop a switch flip high-enough to back smith a ledge. I mean, Ishod won in 2013, when no one else would have been able to do a lot of the stuff in Westgates part, and no chance Ave is doing what Shane O'neil did in his parts in 2015. I'm not saying Ave and Ishod shouldn't be SOTY.

And it isn't like Tiago isn't doing the same thing, he dropped a part for Independent two days before Louie.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I guess, but you are comparing what Tiago is absolutely the best at. Tiago couldn't do half the rail tricks Louie did in this video, just like Louie can't pop a switch flip high-enough to back smith a ledge. I mean, Ishod won in 2013, when no one else would have been able to do a lot of the stuff in Westgates part, and no chance Ave is doing what Shane O'neil did in his parts in 2015. I'm not saying Ave and Ishod shouldn't be SOTY.

And it isn't like Tiago isn't doing the same thing, he dropped a part for Independent two days before Louie.
Tiago has done nollie inward heel backlips down handrails in contest runs. The dude has plenty of insane rail tricks.
Bad comparison, of course, there is no way Louie definitively outshines Tiago, so it was a good attempt

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
That was like one of the best parts ever. Lots of like jaw droppingly textbook tricks. Specially enjoy his manny/wallride game.

Makes Tiago's skating look like a big steaming turd. Comment about his skating being a huge step forward and huge step back nailed it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:24:39 PM by ChronicBluntSlider »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
I bet the dork above me thinks body varials are “progress.”

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
Dude I was pushing for Tiago but this part rules. The way he catches and rolls away from tricks is so rad. There's no "stomp." He just keeps going.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:07:35 PM by Bobby Peru »

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »
Definitely was 100% wanting Tiago to take it this year. But Louie destroyed it. Also, fuck. Throw mike Anderson a bone and give it to him too. Those 3 for my vote.

I also hate how this Thrasher SOTY has made us all choose and defend who should win some pointless award. It’s silly. Everyone crushed it. This year was mind melting. They just need to take em all on a camping trip and sing camp songs over a fire or something.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2017, 06:27:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fucking jizzed when I saw that.  Got damn, that was a thing of beauty.
Judging from the face he made after landing it, I think he jizzed too. This part lived up to the hype. Louie hasn't peaked yet either O_o
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:39:36 PM by ImportantGuy »