Author Topic: Pros/Ams You’ve Seen In Person That Blew Your Mind  (Read 7246 times)

mooraga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
Re: Pros/Ams You’ve Seen In Person That Blew Your Mind
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2023, 08:22:28 AM »
roman livinska at macba winter 2015, he's still gnar now but I feel he never got to the spot he deserved. The line I saw him trying was nollie fs nosegrind nollie flip out mid ledge, push, nollie inward hell front nose to regs, turn around the statue and change stance, sw tre to end on a fakie nosegrind kickflip out. Dude did all the tricks separately and then tried the line, I remember him missing last trick 4-5 times, he was going through the ledge holes like nothing.

aurelien giraud in CPH OPEN berlin 2018, dude flipped his board on every obstacle he touched at dogshit, and that place its hard to skate, super tight.

danny fuenzalida We were skating a long chunky ledge in Valparaiso, I was trying a line that started with a crooked grind but sometimes the ledge was so fucked up it made the board bounced. It was a battle I couldnt win. 10 minutes later danny and the gx-1000 crew showed up to the spot (JJ, a davis, dela and the filmer), it was a downhill plaza so they appeared from the top and were trying shit going down, danny comes fast straight to the ledge and does a 15 feet crooked grind no problem, you could see his truck moving and screaming for help but the dude kept had his weight on top and kept sliding, popped out and rolled away like nothing  ;D

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2023, 08:45:00 AM »
roman livinska at macba winter 2015, he's still gnar now but I feel he never got to the spot he deserved. The line I saw him trying was nollie fs nosegrind nollie flip out mid ledge, push, nollie inward hell front nose to regs, turn around the statue and change stance, sw tre to end on a fakie nosegrind kickflip out. Dude did all the tricks separately and then tried the line, I remember him missing last trick 4-5 times, he was going through the ledge holes like nothing.

aurelien giraud in CPH OPEN berlin 2018, dude flipped his board on every obstacle he touched at dogshit, and that place its hard to skate, super tight.

danny fuenzalida We were skating a long chunky ledge in Valparaiso, I was trying a line that started with a crooked grind but sometimes the ledge was so fucked up it made the board bounced. It was a battle I couldnt win. 10 minutes later danny and the gx-1000 crew showed up to the spot (JJ, a davis, dela and the filmer), it was a downhill plaza so they appeared from the top and were trying shit going down, danny comes fast straight to the ledge and does a 15 feet crooked grind no problem, you could see his truck moving and screaming for help but the dude kept had his weight on top and kept sliding, popped out and rolled away like nothing  ;D

Roman is a personal favourite of mine, he rips!!!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2023, 08:47:28 AM »
Ben Koppl was a sleeper for me, I'd seen his ig thought he was just about cool goofing around in bowls but I kid you not I've never seen anyone skate street like this guy, he's tall, skates really fast, and just goes. He skates things other people wouldn't and seems to make up tricks on the fly but still just cruises confidently landing 1st t.

Ben is a very conventionally good skater, too; he's got the whole bag of "normal" tricks and can drop them effortless. I once watched him casually and first-try float a Penny-style mellow but big frontside flip over the split sections of a ~5' QP before returning to do weird shuv-it variations on a bank.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2023, 08:49:08 AM »
definitely rowan zorilla. seeing him skate in person shows off his loose fluid style so much more. he was doing that no one else was doing at demos

I've never seen him skate in person, but he's so graceful in videos that I assumed as much, and you will often hear some big name pro skaters talk about how impressive he is.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2023, 10:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Living in Finland you never really see any big time pros but seeing local guys like Eniz Fazliov and Jaakko Ojanen is pretty cool. Eniz can skate everything and lands his tricks very quickly. Jaakko is a guy who seems to be usually just messing around. He can jump onto any grind like a fs croocked grind on a flatbar and just sit on it as long as he wants to and then pop out.
[close]
Back in the day when companies did euro demos still we had so many good tours in Finland, got to see plenty of my favorite pros. Like Black Label just after Label Kills, Enjoi when Marc was still on etc etc but still most amazing skater I’ve ever seen live is William Phan, dude did the hardest tricks first try with pure style.

Also Alex Carolino and JB Gillet. Carolino was doing switch varialflips up the three stairs just for fun, it was amazing.
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

WristBrace

• Rep: 10
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2023, 11:37:54 AM »
Raven Tershy at a creature demo around 2009 or 10 in Orlando. He fucked up that skatepark and was cool dude too. Nobody knew who he was and kids kept calling him Gravette lol.

I’ve never seen someone go that fast on a skateboard. That alley-oop front 5-0 is so fucked in person.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2023, 12:22:01 PM »
Raven Tershy at a creature demo around 2009 or 10 in Orlando. He fucked up that skatepark and was cool dude too. Nobody knew who he was and kids kept calling him Gravette lol.

I’ve never seen someone go that fast on a skateboard. That alley-oop front 5-0 is so fucked in person.
Saw him at my local park like 6 years ago while he was travelling to, iirc, his cousin's wedding in GA. Dude barely tried anything, but blew me away with his board control. Never seen anyone skate that park that fast in my life.

Trilogy

• Rep: -265
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2023, 02:07:14 PM »

I really like that dude.

Is he still on Primitive??

Kinda strange he wasn't on their last full length video.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2023, 03:27:56 PM »

wish I got to see raven in his prime skate bowls IRL. Must've been such a treat.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2023, 03:58:47 PM »
Another vote for Tom Asta. Super smooth…looked effortless. Even gave me a tail tap after I did a stupid 5050 on the park curb.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2023, 05:09:43 PM »
I saw Greg lutzka once and that was enough to blow my mind

Jimmy The Saint

• Rep: 11
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2023, 05:37:08 PM »
Saw Rodney at a demo in the early 90's and he did his ender from Rubbish Heap second try. Landed it first try, but it was sketchy, so he did it again clean while chatting people up. He was incredible. Saw him again years later and he killed it, again. People went nuts when he would switch from street to his freestyle routine.
"Give it a name."