Author Topic: Miami  (Read 2210 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Miami
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
Sup gods, Im going to Miami in a couple of weeks for a trip with my girl, I'll have a couple of days to skate around so any good tips on places/spots/shops near Key Biscaine (thats where Ill be at) would be greatly appreciated

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Miami
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
I have no spot recommendations, but La Sandwicherie is amazing and worth the stop.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »
Lot 11 is tight ask around it’s the Miami downtown park
Dueces Bitch's

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:17:10 PM »
Lot 11 is being renovated, it opens in November supposedly. Andrew skateshop is right there in the downtown area, it's ok. Not too out of the way from where you'll be. Maybe you can skate around Miami Beach. Haulover Park has a nice beach with a little park, there's a pump track if you want to dodge small children and old men on scooters. I'm not sure how far you want to go.

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 09:11:56 AM »
spent a while in Miami last winter:
beginning and end of the bridge to Virginia key has some fun scenic bank spots, also jersey barriers and benches (you can see the banks in Alltimers Miami leftovers video)

various little spots on and around Brickell Avenue, especially near the W hotel (some in the Magenta Balade video)

didn't find anything amazing in downtown Miami, but it's interestingly decrepit and fun to explore, and there are little manual pads to hit under the monorail on 1st street.  Miami Dade cc near 4th street and 2nd ave has some decent green benches.

There are spots around Bayfront Park but I found it to be a huge bust.

(Soya e Pomodoro was a unique and good Italian restaurant on 1st street.)

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
Alright thanks fot the tips guys! I just arrived today so I'll be rolling around tomorrow. How easy is it to move by bus im dis bitch? Wssup with MIA skateshop? Are the guys cool there? Any other tip is appreciated and if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up let me know!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 03:27:27 PM »
Alright thanks fot the tips guys! I just arrived today so I'll be rolling around tomorrow. How easy is it to move by bus im dis bitch? Wssup with MIA skateshop? Are the guys cool there? Any other tip is appreciated and if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up let me know!

I'm pretty certain MIA is out of business.

However, I will say my worst experience at a core shop was at MIA. Since the shop is out of business, I don't feel the need to hide the fact that they were terrible any longer. The shop dude told me to grip my board on the curb outside, because I didn't want him to grip my board.

There is something sacred about gripping a board and I feel really uncomfortable having someone else grip my board.

Worst skate shop experience ever. I loved the MIA video and I was super hyped just to get a shop board and I left so bummed on that place.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:31:19 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty certain MIA is out of business.

However, I will say my worst experience at a core shop was at MIA. Since the shop is out of business, I don't feel the need to hide the fact that they were terrible any longer. The shop dude told me to grip my board on the curb outside, because I didn't want him to grip my board.

There is something sacred about gripping a board and I feel really uncomfortable having someone else grip my board.

Worst skate shop experience ever. I loved the MIA video and I was super hyped just to get a shop board and I left so bummed on that place.
Yeahm went to the address today only to find a smoke shop there. Went to Andrew and the guys were cool but weren't to keen on spot indications etc.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
If you can make the trip up to WPB or Ft Lauderdale there are some decent shops Post Modern is essentially MIA shop in West Palm Beach.

Not too many core shops here but there are a few that are worth the visit if you've got the time.
Dueces Bitch's

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »
I’d bump this out of interest. Will be in Miami this January.
Does anyone know a spot along a beach, food recommendations and neighborhoods that are more chill, maybe more international, away from clubs, bros and champagne?

Thanks so much

PMA

Uncle Gavone

• Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 07:14:08 AM »
I went Miami this spring to escape the Chicago cold for a bit.
Andrew skateshop is legit, I brought my trucks & wheels from home to set up a fresh deck there. Solid selection of what you need.

Lot 11 was still under construction/renovating when I went, so I hit up the North Beach skatepark, it's a fun little park, the locals seemed nice and its right by the beach too. Wynwood has a lot of good food spots, hope this helps.

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
Thanks, man!

PMA

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 08:27:27 AM »
Lot 11 is open now if you didn’t see. I think they open at 9 from what I can see. I’ll be down there next month to check it out

It’s also in a pretty good zone for street spots too

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
Honestly West Palm is rad but it has it's spots.  You have to search I mean really search for spots but they're here.

Boynton Beach, Ft Lauderdale, Boca Raton. Lake Worth, West Palm Beach it's chill but you have to search and build up a spot.
Dueces Bitch's

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
Thanks! I’ll be there just for a few days with my wifey. main focus is not skating but Everglades, just skating from a to b, along the beach and maybe a session or two for good weather’s sake.

Andrews would be the shop to check out?

PMA

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »
Thanks! I’ll be there just for a few days with my wifey. main focus is not skating but Everglades, just skating from a to b, along the beach and maybe a session or two for good weather’s sake.

Andrews would be the shop to check out?
It's pretty much the only legit shop in Miami

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 08:06:02 AM »
I’m seeing some nice looking ledges and a lot of nice looking women. I’m here with my wife and without a skateboard though so what the fuck am I actually doing here really.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 08:30:34 AM »
I’m seeing some nice looking ledges and a lot of nice looking women. I’m here with my wife and without a skateboard though so what the fuck am I actually doing here really.
Miami is wild. One time I was walking to the beach on a skate trip and ended up in the background of a bang bus episode

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 09:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Miami is wild. One time I was walking to the beach on a skate trip and ended up in the background of a bang bus episode

Lmao. Life hammer. I woulda tried to get a trick in there.

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 08:06:06 PM »
Anybody been to a Marlins game?
Skating and Baitin

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
Anybody been to a Marlins game?
Doubtful but I’ve skated the stadium

jtrpma

• PMA
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 04:31:09 PM »
Just came back to cold ass boston after a week in Miami and it was so nice.

Great food, everything works in Spanish, painted curbs that slappy perfectly all over, decent flat along Mia beach.
Lot 11 is nice and flowy and the whole city is flat as hell which makes it easy to skate all over.

PMA