Author Topic: Any Pals live in Chile  (Read 1759 times)

coneklr

Any Pals live in Chile
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »
Thinking about moving my family abroad and this is one of the options.  Just wondering what life looks like on the daily from someone similar to myself.  Thanks in advance for any info!

colt cannon lunchbox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -92
Re: Any Pals live in Chile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 04:35:00 PM »
Some of the nicest people I have ever met are from Chile, though all of them have explained to me how classism is still a really big problem there. Could make it difficult for a skateboarder?

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
the most beautiful girl i ever met was from knoxville, tennessee but she was Chilean. i am looking into flights out there in february.
danny fuenzuelida is the chilean prince.
it's apparently the safest latin country, first world [expensive vs mexico/guatemala etc] and they don't have africanized [killer] bees like the rest of central/south america due to the Andes.
i'm looking at Santiago, if you're out there in a few months we should skate.
sorry i'm not more helpful.

coneklr

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:33 PM »
Thanks for commenting guys!  This is just one of the places we're considering relocating internationally but it may have been taken off the table due to Catholicism being a heavy influence on the people and life there.  Don't get me wrong, I think people can do/believe whatever they'd like as long as they aren't hurting anyone but I guess multiple people have not been able to enroll their children into private schools there because they weren't Catholic and that is gonna be a deal breaker for this spiritual yet non religious family!  Which is too bad because I was really into a lot of the other things they had to offer!  And it would have been Santiago for me too my friend  :(

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
Thanks for commenting guys!  This is just one of the places we're considering relocating internationally but it may have been taken off the table due to Catholicism being a heavy influence on the people and life there.  Don't get me wrong, I think people can do/believe whatever they'd like as long as they aren't hurting anyone but I guess multiple people have not been able to enroll their children into private schools there because they weren't Catholic and that is gonna be a deal breaker for this spiritual yet non religious family!  Which is too bad because I was really into a lot of the other things they had to offer!  And it would have been Santiago for me too my friend  :(
Catholic schools are some of the biggest atheist factories out there haha. If your family can at least pay lip service to Catholicism, you should be fine. Maybe get baptized as well? Depends on if that is a definite no-no for you all though.

I say this as someone who went to a Protestant private school for high school and didn't believe a word of it, but prayed when I needed to pray, wrote the right answers on bible class tests etc. I also have several friends who went to Catholic school but are/were not religious in the slightest.

Nico365

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 04:42:26 AM »
I am not living in Chile but i would really love to visit Chile next year.A friend moved there 10 years ago ad he loves it!

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »
Yes Chile is influences by catholicism (as is most of latin america) But it is definitely not as heavy as other countries are and  it is not a deal breaker for enrolling kids into schools. Obviously if you want to enroll them in a Catholic school they probably wont accept them if they are not catholic. Im sure there are plenty of other schools which will have no problems in accepting your kids especially if you are coming from the US