Author Topic: Samarria on...  (Read 11601 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Samarria on...
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Louie doing it right with the pro announcements. Still kind of odd seeing them riding My Little Pony boards though.
[close]
Louie has said the reason for the collab with My Little Pony was him fucking with dwindle, but they ended up getting the go ahead and actually going through with it.
Wait wait wait.... do you mean to tell me that Louie Barletta isn't always serious? bull fucking shit.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
Imagine how Enzo feels packing Samarria enjoi boards at Dwindle. Bet he wishes he landed that heelflip on KOTR. This dude rips put him on next.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »
My friend who was in Enjoi flow vortex for years before becoming an alcoholic getting 2 DUI's and moving back in with his parents told me Louie's whole funny nice guy thing is just an act to sell boards and that he's really a jaded piece of shit. And he has no reason to lie.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
Psyched for Samarria and more women rippers getting the nod.  Between this and the first couple Panda Patrol clips, Enjoi has been killing it. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:52 PM »
My friend who was in Enjoi flow vortex for years before becoming an alcoholic getting 2 DUI's and moving back in with his parents told me Louie's whole funny nice guy thing is just an act to sell boards and that he's really a jaded piece of shit. And he has no reason to lie.
But its a solid, quality, and enjoyable act. I mean, maybe he's a jaded piece of shit, but he'll always be the dude with that part in Man Down

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »

maybe i'm missing something, but getting dicked around and having your dreams shattered seem like a pretty good motive for shit-talking somebody, no?
unless this happened before Louie was tm

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:53 PM »
Is she the first black woman to be pro on a major company? Representation matters and most who disagree are already represented. Growing up as 1 of 2 black kids who skated in my town, when I saw TK and Antwaun's Baker 3 parts it felt validating. Hopefully Samarria can do the same for black girls

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2017, 02:08:06 PM »
Is she the first black woman to be pro on a major company? Representation matters and most who disagree are already represented. Growing up as 1 of 2 black kids who skated in my town, when I saw TK and Antwaun's Baker 3 parts it felt validating. Hopefully Samarria can do the same for black girls

That's a good point and is super rad. Anybody know?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »

She could be. Aside from that, she rips and definitely has a sick style in the streets. Empowering girls all over to have as good of bs flips as she does.

Nallid

• Rep: -14
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Dope!

Check out the Caswell graphic:

[close]
is that a play on the fake erica board from a few years ago?
Randy Colvin... Censorship is weak as fuck... Marc Mckee...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She could be. Aside from that, she rips and definitely has a sick style in the streets. Empowering girls all over to have as good of bs flips as she does.
Let me guess...ALL lives matter? Prick...

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Let me guess...ALL lives matter? Prick...

Wrong, again. Grumpy gip? Come on Ronald I took nothing away from her status as a black female pro. Let me guess, shitty bs flips?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 05:22:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe i'm missing something, but getting dicked around and having your dreams shattered seem like a pretty good motive for shit-talking somebody, no?
unless this happened before Louie was tm
fuck

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
Okay ONE: all lives do matter. TWO: it doesn't matter that she's black, just this whole trend of let's get one girl on the team is lame. Let's see one girl on par with a dude goin pro. Yeah enzo is way fuckin sicker and just flow come on!. Shit is fuckin lame . rep me down again sissies.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
Okay ONE: all lives do matter. TWO: it doesn't matter that she's black, just this whole trend of let's get one girl on the team is lame. Let's see one girl on par with a dude goin pro. Yeah enzo is way fuckin sicker and just flow come on!. Shit is fuckin lame . rep me down again sissies.

you're fucking lost.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you're fucking lost.

Enlighten me Copernicus
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2017, 08:54:50 PM »
What about Men's Rights too, amirite? Shit, maybe they just like her as a person better and feel like she deserves some shine.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
Annoys me when people say some of these girls don't deserve to be pro or aren't on a "pro level".
The fact is, most aren't on the same level as male pros, its true and quite obvious, but it doesn't matter. We shouldn't just wait for the day to come where some girl is on a Nyjah level of skating to say she deserves being pro. The girls becoming pro now are paving the way for female skaters in the future, and making a lot more females interested in skating and pushing for progression, and because of this they will just keep getting better and better.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you're fucking lost gost.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »
Annoys me when people say some of these girls don't deserve to be pro or aren't on a "pro level".
The fact is, most aren't on the same level as male pros, its true and quite obvious, but it doesn't matter. We shouldn't just wait for the day to come where some girl is on a Nyjah level of skating to say she deserves being pro. The girls becoming pro now are paving the way for female skaters in the future, and making a lot more females interested in skating and pushing for progression, and because of this they will just keep getting better and better.
woah, stop with the logic overdose bro, surf-goth doesn't play that game

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2017, 11:44:25 PM »
deserves pro for having a phat ass and having great 3 flips

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »
She absolutely deserves the pro status but I have the feeling that right now everyone needs 1 pro girl on the team (Which is rad but looks artificial and marketing oriented)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2017, 12:37:25 AM »
She absolutely deserves the pro status but I have the feeling that right now everyone needs 1 pro girl on the team (Which is rad but looks artificial and marketing oriented)

Well put, maybe with the increase in women moving up to bigger brands companies like Hoopla and Meow may get recognition before they get their riders stolen. As well as female riders getting picked up by companies willing to pay.

That being said waiting for Vanessa to get on Huf and an Alana Smith part, she is pro for a reason and has tried gnar stuff at X-Games
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:46 AM »
These brands aren't dumb. There's more to this than just board sales. Look at HUF. You think Chinese hedge-funds aren't looking for companies to buy in the run up to China 2020.

Does she hold a Jamaican passport? Will she be repping Jamaica in China 2020?

Stack your team with potential contenders and watch the bids come in.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2017, 02:29:49 AM »
These brands aren't dumb. There's more to this than just board sales. Look at HUF. You think Chinese hedge-funds aren't looking for companies to buy in the run up to China 2020.

Can't tell if trolling or not but Tokyo is not in China and I'm not sure she is Jamaican.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2017, 05:50:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Can't tell if trolling or not but Tokyo is not in China and I'm not sure she is Jamaican.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2017, 10:18:30 AM »
The thing about Enzo is that being good enough isn't good enough because everyone is good enough. "When is it my turn?" is not a marketable angle.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »
The thing about Enzo is that being good enough isn't good enough because everyone is good enough. "When is it my turn?" is not a marketable angle.

people still think that being really good at skateboarding is a good enough reason for a company to make you pro

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
That Panda Patrol was sick. Samarria can definitely hang.