Author Topic: Beagle | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 74  (Read 7599 times)

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
Re: Beagle | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 74
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 07:17:42 PM »
I enjoyed the episode but this dude has no idea what "ironic" means.

Well TK doesn't have any idea what a scientist is either, so that whole crew needs an english class

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  Do they ask him about Duffle?  That was a bitch move.
[close]
I forgot I witnessed a bit if that,so long ago too. Wasn't over something stupid? Corey got rocked haha
[close]
  Rocked?  I guess, from what I read beagle grabed him from behind when he wasn't looking and pulled him over a rail and he fell backward from a little height, and then he pounded on him.  Sounds more like 'sucker attacked' to me.  Aparently correy unknowingly fucked a girl 'beagel' had a crush on.  I hope people aren't backin this type of thing Beagle did.  Ur sketchy if you do.  If you want to fight someone thats not the way but good way to die by the sword eventually.  Hopefully.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

raji

• Rep: 8
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 07:53:32 PM »
only 20 minutes in seems like a good dude. Also seems to share tk's use of the word ironic, will keep watching for sure.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 07:53:47 PM »
I liked it, don’t get the hate. Most people paid to Skate are dumb as bricks. why hate on a dude who just solely loves skating and has filmed some of skatings favorite clips? I don’t understand camera talk any better than he does and to hear his take on filming skating and those dudes is sick. Also all duffel talk aside, he seems like a generally nice and happy dude who’s hyped on skating and hyped up others, is this not what skatings about?

Then again I come here to derive entertainment from the slap hive minds newest victim.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »
I liked it, don’t get the hate. Most people paid to Skate are dumb as bricks. why hate on a dude who just solely loves skating and has filmed some of skatings favorite clips? I don’t understand camera talk any better than he does and to hear his take on filming skating and those dudes is sick. Also all duffel talk aside, he seems like a generally nice and happy dude who’s hyped on skating and hyped up others, is this not what skatings about?

Then again I come here to derive entertainment from the slap hive minds newest victim.
I like Beagle, dude is a hype man for sure. As stated before,he is sort of skateboarding's Forrest Gump in a way. Right place right time. It's awesome he isn't super tech savvy too.

On another note,thinking back to the "fight", at the time I felt it was like Corey's Big Brother interview karma coming in one last time.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
For the longest time I thought that Josh Beagle had just aged super weird
LOL that would almost be like him anti-aging if he was the real josh beagle no, like getting younger/ more immature as the years went by. Doesn't the real Josh Beagle smoke meat/ make sausages now?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mcfctid

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 09:19:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well TK doesn't have any idea what a scientist is either, so that whole crew needs an english class

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
lol at the dave duren shade. i also remember thinking this part was super weak:

Little Debbie

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »
I think I read an interview where he says he specifically doesn't use the Xtreme because it's too expensive, he uses the 8-15mm Canon fisheye that most people do who use the GH to film hd fish

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »
I’ve  been following him on instagram for a long time but just realized I haven’t seen a post from him in ages when they were talking about his uber skate breaks so I went to look up his profile and it says user not found?

Does anyone know if he quit insta or just change his username?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 11:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I forgot I witnessed a bit if that,so long ago too. Wasn't over something stupid? Corey got rocked haha
[close]
  Rocked?  I guess, from what I read beagle grabed him from behind when he wasn't looking and pulled him over a rail and he fell backward from a little height, and then he pounded on him.  Sounds more like 'sucker attacked' to me.  Aparently correy unknowingly fucked a girl 'beagel' had a crush on.  I hope people aren't backin this type of thing Beagle did.  Ur sketchy if you do.  If you want to fight someone thats not the way but good way to die by the sword eventually.  Hopefully.
[close]
Yeah I used rocked loosely, I figured the context of it was over something petty. I just recall seeing Beagle punching Corey in a bush and then reading about it later in a mag. It was a pretty fast incident,but super random. Corey wins just because he banged the girl.

Only one loser here.....the chick....

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 11:38:01 PM »
I think I read an interview where he says he specifically doesn't use the Xtreme because it's too expensive, he uses the 8-15mm Canon fisheye that most people do who use the GH to film hd fish

man, that's an expensive lens. he should really try the samyang 8mm 2.8 (or 7.5mm on m43)

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 11:56:13 PM »
observation : they never talked about the sw flip manny in this episode or a few others actually at that but, in the description of every episode the first link mentioned in the 'things we talked about' is the sw flip manny?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 04:32:11 AM »
Absolutely love Beagle and this made me like him even more. Genius-level nerd, passionate about everything he does and super good at it, yet genuinely humble at the same time, loves and respects his dog, pays attention to and and appreciates life... hyped to see what he does next.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 07:14:34 AM »
finding out he drives for uber/lyft was kinda trippy, i wouldn't think someone with such a history in skating who still produces tons of content for one of the biggest board brands would have to supplement his income with a side job. does he get paid when a video drops? does he get paid for web clips? i guess maybe his wife doesn't work/possibly other family members to support

solid episode though

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »

Only one loser here.....the chick....

You ain't never lied! If you ever faught over a girl you can consider yourself official lame.
"don't save her" is a Project Pat megahit, you'd have thought that Beagle repping Three6 for so long,
he would have been learned.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 07:58:40 AM »
finding out he drives for uber/lyft was kinda trippy, i wouldn't think someone with such a history in skating who still produces tons of content for one of the biggest board brands would have to supplement his income with a side job. does he get paid when a video drops? does he get paid for web clips? i guess maybe his wife doesn't work/possibly other family members to support

solid episode though

living in LA is expensive
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Perhaps this is during the time no one in the Baker crew liked him (they mention it in ELs).  This move reeks of Beagle wanting to fit in with the cool guys for how out of character it seems

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2236
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I turned off TK's episode minutes in. Please tell me what he said about scientists? This sounds great.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I turned off TK's episode minutes in. Please tell me what he said about scientists? This sounds great.

I think it was in Heath's epicly later'd. For some reason he said that Heath was like a scientist and then described it being because he was dedicated to skateboarding.

Beagle is definitely the man. He may not be a camera nerd, but he sure has an eye for filming all the ridiculous shit in LA that ends up being classic Baker material.

Late Shuv Bloomer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Perhaps this is during the time no one in the Baker crew liked him (they mention it in ELs).  This move reeks of Beagle wanting to fit in with the cool guys for how out of character it seems

which ELs did they mention this? and which part of the crew? even Greco, Ellington, Herman, Romero, Spanky, Lenoce?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it was in Heath's epicly later'd. For some reason he said that Heath was like a scientist and then described it being because he was dedicated to skateboarding.

Beagle is definitely the man. He may not be a camera nerd, but he sure has an eye for filming all the ridiculous shit in LA that ends up being classic Baker material.

It was something about a scientist in a laboratory in Heaths

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

which ELs did they mention this? and which part of the crew? even Greco, Ellington, Herman, Romero, Spanky, Lenoce?

It was back in the Warner Ave days.  I think they did a mini vignette on Beagle on one of the Reynolds multi-part ones

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It was something about a scientist in a laboratory in Heaths
Yea,all of these. Terry explaining how Heath skates. I think on Terry's nine club he used ironic wrong too haha

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »
lol at the dave duren shade. i also remember thinking this part was super weak:

I don't think I saw that before but that's a quintessential "Forgettable 90's 411 Part".

Late Shuv Bloomer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 06:48:48 PM »
i listened to most of this podcast (still haven't seen Murdy) but i just had to check youtube when they started talking about the pumping towards the end of the episode.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
He came across as a pretty thoughtful dude. He brought lots of gifts - even if they were promotional. Gotta respect that baker work ethic too. I wonder what the skate industry will be like when baker 4 comes out.