Author Topic: What was your favorite manny trick from Daewon in his Round 3 part and why?  (Read 2283 times)

Gideon Choi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
Let's start a fun Friday discussion

https://youtu.be/_YMzLSWrNpk

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
Kickflip manual kickflip manual kickflip. Those quick flicks. And the rick flip manual fs 180.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
forgot he skated to the killers in that part and now i feel like im too pissed off to finish it.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
switch nosey pop across the three benches
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
switch nosey pop across the three benches

half credit
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

doublesteveburger

I'm barely a minute and some change in and I'm already blown away at the fakie v-heel fakie manny. It doesn't get any more awkward than that.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
Front 180 fakie Manual frontside flip to regular manny stood out
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

cancelled

• Rep: -26
when he skates between the semis.  so gnarly.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
confession: the only thing i remember from round 3 is lutzka skating a handrail
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Tedd

• Rep: -14
Bringing back memories...

Always loved the ones where he hops over the wire in the middle as a little kid. But the sw nose manny on the 3 benches takes it now

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
Sw tre sw nose manny fakie tre out:  he never has done a whole lot of switch and then he just murdered it with this one

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever

all i remember is his kickflip manny to nose manny on those benches. i just rewatched that part because i was going to say that it was a stupid trick and i couldve done it, but i forgot about the kickflip in and i cant claim that trick. it was still stupid though.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
I'm barely a minute and some change in and I'm already blown away at the fakie v-heel fakie manny. It doesn't get any more awkward than that.

That fakie varial heel fakie manual fs halfcab out, might be my favorite. Like a Rick flip, with a manual in the middle.

Also really liked any of those tricks with a fakie ollie or fakie flip, in the middle of the manual. Fakie's the coolest.

I remember everybody in school being blown away by the nollie 360 heelflip manual bs 180 out, when it came out in Transworld before the part was released.

And yeah, what the fuck was up with The Killers song? I liked it when he skated to Bloc Party even, but who's decision was it to edit that part to a song that seriously includes the lyrics "I've got soul, but I'm no soldier"?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

That fakie varial heel fakie manual fs halfcab out, might be my favorite. Like a Rick flip, with a manual in the middle.

Also really liked any of those tricks with a fakie ollie or fakie flip, in the middle of the manual. Fakie's the coolest.

I remember everybody in school being blown away by the nollie 360 heelflip manual bs 180 out, when it came out in Transworld before the part was released.

And yeah, what the fuck was up with The Killers song? I liked it when he skated to Bloc Party even, but who's decision was it to edit that part to a song that seriously includes the lyrics "I've got soul, but I'm no soldier"?
I remember he said in an interview that he wanted to try a nollie bs 360 bigspin heelflip manual.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311

Confession: Haslams one foot nose manny blew my mind as a young fella.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
The last section is insane. I like that part !

Lately I’m listening The Killers a lot and even discovered a song they did with Lou Reed.  8)

Chippedwood

• Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
i think he does a lil tic tac at the beginning maybe over a hose, I like all the stuff on the bank you have to ollie up to, he does a kickflip on a super steep bank tiny switch manual down thats my fav tho

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
@1:29 NollieTre-manual-kickflip out in that crispy ass Easter dinner polo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq4gb9mP1VU
I was watching this earlier thanks for keeping the vibe alive
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

frontsideoverkrook

i always thought the tailslide at 2:43 felt out of place. albeit the spot looks hard to skate, but that clip doesn't fit with the level of skating every other trick is on

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
in rodney’s part in the beginning of the second song, i just noticed he does a front crook to back crook from table to table (or something similar). BUT, that’s not why i’m here. watch as the clip fades from back and he’s riding on the narrowest bench to get there. don’t know whether to be impressed, shocked, or think it’s hilarious, so i’m going with a lil of all of em
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I like that song.  I now know it's the killers. I don't keep up with music.  I won't search for it on iTunes. I dig haslams part in this movie too. And Rodney's. And sheckles had a pretty sick part.

franc

• Rep: 96
That song sucked ass.

My favorite trick was the switch nosewheelie on the three benches.

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
i always thought the tailslide at 2:43 felt out of place. albeit the spot looks hard to skate, but that clip doesn't fit with the level of skating every other trick is on

That was a preview of what's to come for his next video part in DVS Skate More

jomeara1

Expand Quote
[close]

I remember when I first watched this video at the time it came out and I thought a lot of the music was kinda corny, especially the opening theme, with the exception of Hendrix and maybe one other song. 

Regardless, the skating was tight.  I vote the sw nose manny little pop over the wire to nose manny fakie tre out at around 2:05.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Fakie 360 flip fakie manual with a nicely-popped fakie ollie out of the manual
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Expand Quote
[close]

That was a preview of what's to come for his next video part in DVS Skate More

Yeah, I remember him saying something like Round 3 was gonna be like the "plastic bench-tech" type part, and he wanted Skate More to be the more "creative spots" type part.

I'm not gonna hate on the Killers totally, I have fond memories of making out with my scene-girl neighbor Sophomore year of HS, while "Mr.Brightside" played, but I'm not gonna fucking edit my part to it. I cringed just writing out those lyrics.

sorry

• Rep: -14
Kickflip manual kickflip manual kickflip. Those quick flicks. And the rick flip manual fs 180.

this. stuck in my mind forever. flawless