Author Topic: DIY tips w/ uncle freddy  (Read 3234 times)

shark tits

DIY tips w/ uncle freddy
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:21:01 AM »
i never knew the patina of bondo makes a ledge grind trick. thanks fred!
that cinncinnati area looks interesting, like snoop and kris would stash bodies in the vacants.
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog//the-rules-of-skateboarding-4-fred-gall

JusticeAbberdash

Re: DIY tips w/ uncle freddy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:25:27 AM »
That was sick. I really need to start building or smoothing something.

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »
Bondo should sponsor uncle Freddy

KirkGK

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »
Bondo should sponsor uncle Freddy
Put Gall's face on the can and sales are up.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
anyone ever done the bondo trick on a ledge? Curious how easy it is to do and how much you coat the ledge with. I've always done rub brick then lacquer but some ledges still wont grind too well after that

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 07:00:14 PM »

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
He built a ladder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8eLf8C2FBg

Fred Gall is the closest thing we have to a real life batman.

shark tits

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
anyone ever done the bondo trick on a ledge? Curious how easy it is to do and how much you coat the ledge with. I've always done rub brick then lacquer but some ledges still wont grind too well after that
i'm curious my damn self but if not yet, i'm sure this will change the diy game. unless of course we find that 'what's grindable to gall is not grindable to all'.
^that should be one of the tenets of the cult of fred.
like maybe it's still really hard to skate but i'm interested to try come spring.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »
They mention the technique in this video about the 2:30 mark, seems to have worked well on that ledge considering how often it's hit up
https://youtu.be/rDlYSY3TPq8

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »
Half the diy work he's done still isn't skateable to a mere mortal

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
Always been interested in this but Bondo is a brand. Which Bondo product are they using? The all purpose putty?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 10:23:45 PM »
Always been interested in this but Bondo is a brand. Which Bondo product are they using? The all purpose putty?
Plain old body filler seems to be the standard in skating.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 12:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Plain old body filler seems to be the standard in skating.

Thanks
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 01:03:28 AM »
Fred Gall is the closest thing we have to a real life Jesus.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 06:50:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i'm curious my damn self but if not yet, i'm sure this will change the diy game. unless of course we find that 'what's grindable to gall is not grindable to all'.
like maybe it's still really hard to skate but i'm interested to try come spring.

done it and works great, I do a thin layer, you'll have to touch it up here and there after awhile but if its a one and done spot its perfect

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

done it and works great, I do a thin layer, you'll have to touch it up here and there after awhile but if its a one and done spot its perfect
thats sick, in that Jenkem vid that guy talks about scraping it off? Not sure if he means scrape it all off or just some of it. There's so many ledges here in FL that will never grind unless you put serious work into them cause they're all built using so much sand in the concrete or something so I'm definitely gonna try this out.

shark tits

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
thats sick, in that Jenkem vid that guy talks about scraping it off? Not sure if he means scrape it all off or just some of it. There's so many ledges here in FL that will never grind unless you put serious work into them cause they're all built using so much sand in the concrete or something so I'm definitely gonna try this out.
definitely seems cheaper and less obtrusive/likely to get removed than angle iron.
you could be johnny appleseed brick rubbing and bondo-ing all the rough hewn hubbas in your area code. i think i am gonna try sporadically and til footage comes out average skaters won't think to grind my spots. be like 'wouldn't that be cool if it grinded?' meanwhile it does grind. you fucking fools, man ya suck!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
I've rubbed a fairly smooth ledge and it was a chore. I can't imagine doing something that has a chunky texture. Using a basic masonry brick i got at home depot.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 08:20:38 PM »
A cordless grinder and diamond cup works much faster than a rub brick if you're willing to spend the money.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 03:24:38 PM »
A cordless grinder and diamond cup works much faster than a rub brick if you're willing to spend the money.

But the noise!

KirkGK

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 02:33:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But the noise!
Raises the value when someone does if they're willing to go through it.