Author Topic: CHINA: Wuhan, Chongqing, Shanghai  (Read 1129 times)

fur lined sea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 233
CHINA: Wuhan, Chongqing, Shanghai
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:36:53 AM »
Any pals living or have been to these cities in China? I've been to Shanghai and linked up with a few people living abroad there. Shanghai is a gold mine for spots, but I'm wondering about these other two cities.

I'm heading over there in January.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
Re: CHINA: Wuhan, Chongqing, Shanghai
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Check out Fly and Avenue & Son in Shanghai. I think Jeff from Fly was the first dude to do sneaker culture shit in China. Brian and Edan and Johnny Tang are awesome. I'd recommend going there because I got to know and chill with those dudes. All are from North America and are down to skate and help you out. Avenue & Son is like a Helas offshoot I think, right? Cool product but didnt really spend time there.

Of course, there's so much shit in Shanghai. I stayed in the French Concession area which I imagine is less of a culture difference (i.e. breakfast sandwiches and shit like that) so it's cool to meet up at the center, skate flat, and then go to LP or explore. I have no idea what the name of anything was or how to get there except for the center and LP but yeah, have fun with it.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 08:37:31 AM »
for shanghai check out these instagram pages;

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/shanghaiskatespot/

https://www.instagram.com/jaymeador/

Found these for Chongqing;

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/chongqingskatespot/

the locations are there for most of them. have you traveled to china before?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:39:18 AM by fulfillthedream »
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

fur lined sea

• Rep: 233
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »
I travelled to Shanghai about 2 years ago for 2 weeks. I skated LP park almost everyday (plus everything else I stumbled across) where I linked up with both the Fly and Avenue and Sons guys. Such great crews and shops. Edan is the man. Avenue and Sons was indeed very Helas heavy.

Thank you for those instagram pages. I looked at Jay's page quite a bit before going to Shanghai last time. Chongqing look so fun. I'll definitely try find some of those spots.

Where in China are you Fulfill? I'll be over for three weeks and I plan to spend one week in each city.
Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
Alright thats good you've been before so you know what to do to prepare (VPNs, translator apps etc)

I'm living in Guangzhou. Theres a good resources through Insta and SLAP for linking with skaters. A week is a good amount of time for a skateboarding trip.Have fun!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[