Author Topic: Marseille (and other spots around Provence)  (Read 1125 times)

Sanka Coffie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
Marseille (and other spots around Provence)
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »
Going to stay with my girl's family just outside of Avignon for the next month. I've been a few times but wanted to know of any spots in the area so I don't just end up skating La Major all the time.

adamyauch

Re: Marseille (and other spots around Provence)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »
I've been to both Avignon and Marseille.
Avignon has a great skatepark worth checking out http://www.constructo.fr/avignon-84/
The locals were who hang out there were willing to show me the street spots on a map so don't be afraid to ask them.
Nice brick bank spot near the train station, couple of fun marble thing here and there. Check out Circle Skateshop on your way to the park and ask them about the spots in the area.
There's a lot of things to do in Marseille, La Major is a good spot but definitely not the only one. The first that comes to my mind is the downhill hôtel de ville plaza, right in front of the big fancy hotel.
The skatepark of La Friche is a lot of fun. Go to Bud Skateshop and ask your way around. Awesome miniramp inside.
The bowl du prado of course, it's hard to skate but they recently built a smaller part right next to it which is good when it isn't crowded.
For drinks go to le petit nice, very cheap and lots of young people to meet. Lots of good cheap kebabs almost anywhere you'll go.
Their's some gnarly hills to bomb to.
Have fun and explore !
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:26:17 PM by adamyauch »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 04:46:02 AM »
if you have Instagram, try and get in touch with @marseille_zoo. he's one of the younger guys but is super passionate about skating and filming and knows all the little spots. I don't think he lives in Marseille anymore but you may get lucky if he's on a visit at the same time as you are, and if anything I'm sure he will provide you with some directions

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:17:19 AM »
Merci beaucoup!