Author Topic: Ty Evans | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 75  (Read 7722 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
Re: Ty Evans | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 75
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 02:48:17 PM »
not gonna lie, i hated ty`s recent stuff, but that was a pretty damn good episode for me.
also, i respect that he paid flat earth apparently out of his own pocket, but that wont stop me from hating all the special effect stuff and super slo-mo.

This has me tempted to go out and buy the video, sure we are blood was trash but, how bad can he get?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
not gonna lie, i hated ty`s recent stuff, but that was a pretty damn good episode for me.
also, i respect that he paid flat earth apparently out of his own pocket, but that wont stop me from hating all the special effect stuff and super slo-mo.
[close]

This has me tempted to go out and buy the video, sure we are blood was trash but, how bad can he get?
Fully Flared x 1000

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

doublesteveburger

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
I legit was heartbroken for Jesus in that Fully Flared story.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 03:37:12 PM »
whens the jesus story?

Joe Pesci

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
Randomly stopped the video at work, ended up with this; psyched.

If I had never heard Roger speak before I could still tell he had a lisp by this

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 03:50:28 PM »
Just watched Flat Earth. I'd say the vast majority of people on here are going to heavily dislike it, as expected. Chase Webb does some really fucked tricks but it's still Chase Webb. Mike Pulizzi skates to dubstep and almost every clip in his part features some kind of warp effect like Ty was tripping on acid when he made it. It's a bit much.

I swear there's sections of like 5 minutes straight without skateboarding. Like drones flying through LA with weird effects like The Matrix or some shit. Then there's some other bullshit before Foy's part that goes on for like 10 minutes.

Jamie Foy has a 7 minute part and is definitely SOTY. Also his mom tows him into a spot on her motorbike and it's tight.

ungzilla

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
Awkward voice overs?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1105
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
The Francis Ford Coppola of skate videos. Made some of the greatest videos ever then made Godfather Part III aka. We Are Blood. Hopefully this new video doesn't have the same reaction. I always root for Ty even though the general consensus on slap is to hate his stuff which isn't totally unjust.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:40:21 PM by ihatejulio »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »
Just watched Flat Earth. I'd say the vast majority of people on here are going to heavily dislike it, as expected. Chase Webb does some really fucked tricks but it's still Chase Webb. Mike Pulizzi skates to dubstep and almost every clip in his part features some kind of warp effect like Ty was tripping on acid when he made it. It's a bit much.

I swear there's sections of like 5 minutes straight without skateboarding. Like drones flying through LA with weird effects like The Matrix or some shit. Then there's some other bullshit before Foy's part that goes on for like 10 minutes.

Jamie Foy has a 7 minute part and is definitely SOTY. Also his mom tows him into a spot on her motorbike and it's tight.

Is it better than We Are Blood? I honestly don't hate We Are Blood but I don't like it either.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »
I felt bad listening to that Jesus story. Geezus.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »
Awkward voice overs?

No voice overs or anything like that. This video is a lot better than We Are Blood.

It's a video with 5 full parts and two montages... One relatively normal montage, and one acid tripping montage where you can hardly tell what's going on.

He went way over the top with effects at times, to the point where it feels like some high school kid just discovered After Effects and threw layer upon layer of distortion effects on top of each other while he was tripping in the garage. I feel like there's probably a $3.99 iPhone app that can achieve the same look.

The actual skateboarding was great though for the most part. Cody Lockwood ends his part with some real gnarly shit at Burnside and for someone I've not really heard much about, he surprised me. Chase Webb does some truly fucked shit on handrails if you can ignore that fact that he is actually Chase Webb.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:34:09 PM by REGS »

ungzilla

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2017, 07:42:26 PM »
I hate it when Chase Webb is Chase Webb  >:(

augor

• Rep: -25
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »
Take a drink whenever Ty mentions his American Express card

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:07 PM »
flat earth vid was not even skatboarding. prob about 20 mins of kaleidoscope footy and everything that you've already seen in the mags from chase webb and foy..... spoiler alert: youve already seen it

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Awkward voice overs?
[close]

No voice overs or anything like that. This video is a lot better than We Are Blood.

It's a video with 5 full parts and two montages... One relatively normal montage, and one acid tripping montage where you can hardly tell what's going on.

He went way over the top with effects at times, to the point where it feels like some high school kid just discovered After Effects and threw layer upon layer of distortion effects on top of each other while he was tripping in the garage. I feel like there's probably a $3.99 iPhone app that can achieve the same look.

The actual skateboarding was great though for the most part. Cody Lockwood ends his part with some real gnarly shit at Burnside and for someone I've not really heard much about, he surprised me. Chase Webb does some truly fucked shit on handrails if you can ignore that fact that he is actually Chase Webb.
This. The skating was fucked but I thought I was going to have a seizure at times from the wild effects. The skating made up for it though and I'm not mad I purchased it.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:21 AM »
Video sucked. Using the drug addicted and downtrodden as edgy props is disgusting. Fuck you and your credit card, Ty.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2017, 05:07:19 AM »
Nice. I lol'd pretty hard when Dill mocked the Feedback song in his recent Epicly Laterd. I forgot how good his footage is in that- too much slow mo.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2017, 05:07:58 AM »
We are Blood special edition for skateboarders could be released relatively quick. Just remove the voice over that forces me to watch it on mute and it’ll be a huge improvement. Do it.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2017, 06:23:07 AM »
Love or hate the videos, he was a competent well spoken guest who has been around long enough to have something valid to say.
Biggest difference in this one was Roberts shut up. Wow, this is what it could be like if he wasn't constantly interrupting to talk about himself or some throwaway derailing comment.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »
feedback parts with the og music of reynolds dill and ave...

Hell yeah big ups for digging that up. Really wanted to see the AVE and Dill section after the Epicly Later'd. But did I completely mishear it or on EL did Dill say they skated to a Brian Eno song? Not surprised if Dill just said the wrong name, but I was really stoked to see those dudes skate to Eno.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »

Also, drink when he overcompensates with the word 'bitch'

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 09:06:56 AM »

FOR REAL. That shit was bugging me, like are you getting royalties for mentioning it so much? They cutting down on your interest rates or something?

Jesus story was the best part, his impersonation had me rolling. Sucks for Jesus but it was cool hearing a new story.

Thats one thing that bugs me about all these podcasts, is we keep hearing the same stories over and over. Ty actually came through with shit we hadn't heard about before. Like the info on him sneaking out from editing to film. So that was cool.

Haven't seen either video, probably won't, definitely won't pay for em. But I'd watch if it was playing at a shop or some shit.

Also the whole shit with it "not being his place" to film VX just seemed like bullshit to me. I think it's more of a money or ego thing, which is fine, I get it. But c'mon put out Chomp 2.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 09:11:07 AM »
Expand Quote
feedback parts with the og music of reynolds dill and ave...
[close]

Hell yeah big ups for digging that up. Really wanted to see the AVE and Dill section after the Epicly Later'd. But did I completely mishear it or on EL did Dill say they skated to a Brian Eno song? Not surprised if Dill just said the wrong name, but I was really stoked to see those dudes skate to Eno.

Yeah, thanks for posting those.

I can't remember for sure what Dill said about the Eno thing, but I actually liked The Spinanes edit more. It was funny hearing him make fun of the song though.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 09:30:51 AM »
No pretty sweet talk? After how the end of fully flared turned out I was interested to hear him talk about the vibes during his last film with Crailtap

Great interview, dude loves himself for sure,
I bought the flare, but I will not be buying his movie.

Seems like he still likes skateboarding for the right reasons.

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
Definitely got the impression that he thinks his filming/editing contributions to a clip/video are more important than the actual skating.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:12 AM »
2:12:46 for the Jesus story

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1230
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »
nuff respek for all the transworld videos they helped mold my skate brain
but
if you are down with pane and etc so much why dont you buy sabo 5?
or gx?
or fuckin spirit quest which shits on flat earth

i hate this notion that physical copies dont mean shit. bullshit. suck it.
its like vinyl-you can hear whatever on youtube but owning a physical copy is something special, and guess what? you support someone in the process.

it was pretty fucking dope having a hand drawn claw on my envelope from mandible-you dont get that with a sterile itunes copy.

and im pretty stoked mumford took lopezs spot...thats a crazy turn of events

Chippedwood

• Rep: -82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
Definitely got the impression that he thinks his filming/editing contributions to a clip/video are more important than the actual skating.
I'm gonna just say it
ALL SKATEBOARDING AFTER FEEDBACK HAS SUCKED (videos pros etc.)
its pretty lame all these guys are still skating at 40
the boards started sucking, new truck stages started sucking new pros suck and i keep getting fat added to my body
feedback came out in 1999
which might explain that the end of the world happened on Y2K and we are just living in a simulation because we are all dead.
hence Flat earth, which if you are that uninformed you shouldn't name a video FLat Earth, it's not just a name
Ty Evans is dumb, i'm pretty sure everything after Feedback is terrible, even the shake junt video he made

ungzilla

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
Wait wait wait, even shake junt is terrible???

johnblaze

• Rep: -30
free b.g