Author Topic: your random thoughts/ musings  (Read 1409 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: your random thoughts/ musings
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2023, 03:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote
I know this’ll probably get me kooked in to oblivion but it’s got to be said.

I’m not with inclusion and I’m strongly with gate keeping. It’s kept losers and jocks out of our scene for better or worse we had it all and solidarity amongst others, you slated hated cops and weren’t an asshole you’re welcome along but there was at least a decent 360 flip to be rolling with us.

This’ll ruffle a few feathers and in no way is it a slight against anyone, but let’s not beat around the bush, if you’re gay trans etc that doesn’t make you unique or something special, that’s who you are and I’m glad for it, but why does it need to be a badge of look at me selfishness I don’t care.
[close]
Who out here is trans, gay, etc. and acting like they're special for it? Maybe the industry is trying to make it seem that way, but I don't think anyone is behaving like that on an individual level. These are folks who are JUST NOW comfortable coming out and being themselves for the world to see. Hell, I just this year felt comfortable in coming out as bisexual. I don't view it as a badge of honor or anything like that. It's just who these people are. To take their existence as a "badge of look at me selfishness" is pretty wack when they're just trying to exist in the same spaces in which the rest of us have taken up far too much room.
Maybe I was a bit harsh, I was just thinking more less talent wise, Kinda like in an unnecessary description of a person.

Look I’m no as well and I don’t care if you’re talented and can rip great, I’m psyched for you.

For example this guy rips and I back whatever he does.  I’m just saying for the sake of argument there needs to be some higher level of standards than what has been happening recently amongst the skateboarding community, you pay your dues and rip I’m extremely proud of you and what you accomplish.

https://youtu.be/QtYViwYFUXc?si=ZOydLZbaQkny2jki
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 07:30:46 AM by LordManHammer »
Dueces Bitch's

Blind Fisherman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2023, 09:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I’m not with inclusion and I’m strongly with gate keeping. It’s kept losers and jocks out of our scene for better or worse we had it all and solidarity amongst others, you slated hated cops and weren’t an asshole you’re welcome along but there was at least a decent 360 flip to be rolling with us.

This’ll ruffle a few feathers and in no way is it a slight against anyone, but let’s not beat around the bush, if you’re gay trans etc that doesn’t make you unique or something special, that’s who you are and I’m glad for it, but why does it need to be a badge of look at me selfishness I don’t care.
[close]
Who out here is trans, gay, etc. and acting like they're special for it? Maybe the industry is trying to make it seem that way, but I don't think anyone is behaving like that on an individual level. These are folks who are JUST NOW comfortable coming out and being themselves for the world to see. Hell, I just this year felt comfortable in coming out as bisexual. I don't view it as a badge of honor or anything like that. It's just who these people are. To take their existence as a "badge of look at me selfishness" is pretty wack when they're just trying to exist in the same spaces in which the rest of us have taken up far too much room.
[close]
Maybe I was a bit harsh, I was just thinking more less talent wise, Kinda like in an unnecessary description of a person.

Look I’m no as well and I don’t care if you’re talented and can rip great, I’m psyched for you.

For example this guy rips and I back whatever he does.  I’m just saying for the sake of argument there needs to be some higher level of standards than what has been happening recently amongst the skateboarding community, you pay your dues and rip I’m extremely proud of you and what you accomplish.

I can agree with you to an extent regarding the standards of their skating. But, to write them off the way you did was pretty harsh. I’m sorry I got a little triggered in my response to you. No hard feelings.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2023, 09:18:22 AM »
Anyone familiar with the idea of the IQ Shredder?

It seems hard to prove, but makes sense on paper.  If nothing else, it’s interesting.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2023, 10:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I can agree with you to an extent regarding the standards of their skating. But, to write them off the way you did was pretty harsh. I’m sorry I got a little triggered in my response to you. No hard feelings.
Yeah I had a debate earlier last night and it didn’t end well, much of which was venting through this here. 

I can be a bit brash with opinions and so on,  I appreciate you saying that, I’m also sorry for coming off dismissive of those that are doing awesome things.
Dueces Bitch's

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2023, 05:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah I had a debate earlier last night and it didn’t end well, much of which was venting through this here. 

I can be a bit brash with opinions and so on,  I appreciate you saying that, I’m also sorry for coming off dismissive of those that are doing awesome things.

I fucking love when I read back and forth posts like this; two people respectfully disagreeing while having self awareness and respect about each other's, as well as their own, points of view.

very cool of both of you.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2023, 06:59:19 AM »
^Agreed, love to see it.

Are Egregores real things we manifest or just a bunch of new age/occult gobbledygook?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2023, 07:35:46 AM »
^Agreed, love to see it.

Are Egregores real things we manifest or just a bunch of new age/occult gobbledygook?

well... you pose an interesting question... can the collective mind create a non physical entity purely out of thought? (at least, that's how I understand it.)

I would probably say, "no," however, we are the psychical manifestations of consciousness itself (pure light energy) and we have the ability to harness and change the energy of ourselves and our surroundings. we can do this strictly with thought and belief, or we could use tools such as sound and frequency (music.) I think we are way more powerful than we are told or lead to believe, especially when it comes to energy manipulation. I do also believe that there is such thing as inherent Good and Evil, like the ying and the yang, there is a positive and negative duality to all things.

so, to get back to your question, if you were to get a group of people to get together in a small room and really think and use their spiritual energy to try and manifest an entity, do I think they will actually manifest a nonphysical entity? no, but do I think they can change the energy in that room to match that energy of a specific entity? absolutely....

now, in saying that, what is the difference in creating an entity and creating energy that resembles an entity? probably not much.

man, I love this shit.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2023, 08:18:21 AM »

now, in saying that, what is the difference in creating an entity and creating energy that resembles an entity? probably not much.

man, I love this shit.

Yeah, that’s my intuition as well, but my understanding is that an Egregore is spontaneously assembled, apart from us and has thoughts and motivations contrary to our own.

AGI would probably be the closest metaphor.

A different way of looking at it would be group psychology or a collective unconscious, but it’s cooler to think of them as separate entities  8).

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2023, 08:44:20 PM »

It seems hard to prove, but makes sense on paper.  If nothing else, it’s interesting.

@SneakySecrets - could you expand/ elaborate? I've never heard of this...

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2023, 11:55:23 PM »
They should make everyone who's super into hunting have to take out all the wild pigs, pythons, iguanas, goats (fox and deer in Aus) before they're allowed to hunt anything else. Like you want to kill an elk for sport ok then go get 200 feral hogs first.
and anyone caught purposely breeding the feral animals to get around the new rules gets hunted for sport or something.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2023, 07:29:00 AM »
They should make everyone who's super into hunting have to take out all the wild pigs, pythons, iguanas, goats (fox and deer in Aus) before they're allowed to hunt anything else. Like you want to kill an elk for sport ok then go get 200 feral hogs first.
and anyone caught purposely breeding the feral animals to get around the new rules gets hunted for sport or something.

in Florida, they pay you per iguana carcass since they are an invasive species. they're all over the place, especially along the walls of the endless miles of canals we have. they're mean little fuckers too. I had a buddy who used to go out on iguana hunts.

my neighborhood is swarmed with peacocks, which are also an invasive species, however, people don't hunt them (thank God.) they're actually pretty chill and accustomed to humans, and believe it or not, they love cat food.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2023, 01:20:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@SneakySecrets - could you expand/ elaborate? I've never heard of this...

@fineslime
I’m not going to explain it perfectly, but the idea is that a lot of our high-powered, high-achiever, high-IQ people tend to geographically isolate themselves in coastal cities working in tech, finance, executives, etc. and on average have far fewer children than the population as a whole, choosing to focus on their careers instead.

So these high IQ people aren’t passing their genes along at the same rate as the plebs, so all those potential high IQ’s are lost, resulting in a net IQ loss for the population as a whole.

Hopefully I explained that correctly.  And obviously this is a gross oversimplification of how the world actually works, but I think there could be something to it.

I think Covid/remote work has probably lessened this phenomenon.  I’m not saying I believe it or not; it’s just an interesting thing to think about.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2024, 05:01:59 AM »
Writing a song that uses the lyric, "move on down the line," is on my bucket list.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2024, 07:54:04 AM »
I was stoned and standing on one leg while stretching the other leg before bed one night and I disoriented myself by thinking about how quickly I'm actually moving through space. The Earth rotates on its axis at about 1,000 miles/hour while orbiting around the Sun at about 70,000 miles/hour, and the Milky Way is traveling at over 1 million miles/hour.

Anyway, we're always traveling at a mind-boggling rate yet relative to the Earth we can experience stillness and balance. Pretty neat.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 10:00:29 AM by Gnarfunkell »

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2024, 12:07:22 PM »
Do kids not go to school anymore? Scores of little scooter kids between the ages of 8-13 can be found at any skatepark during the middle of any weekday. At all times of the school year. It makes no sense. Homeschooling is the only reason I can think of. If that’s true then it seems homeschooling is way more popular than it was when I was growing up.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • sup dog
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2024, 03:49:02 PM »
Do kids not go to school anymore? Scores of little scooter kids between the ages of 8-13 can be found at any skatepark during the middle of any weekday. At all times of the school year. It makes no sense. Homeschooling is the only reason I can think of. If that’s true then it seems homeschooling is way more popular than it was when I was growing up.
It definitely is these days.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2024, 03:49:37 PM »
I was stoned and standing on one leg while stretching the other leg before bed one night and I disoriented myself by thinking about how quickly I'm actually moving through space. The Earth rotates on its axis at about 1,000 miles/hour while orbiting around the Sun at about 70,000 miles/hour, and the Milky Way is traveling at over 1 million miles/hour.

Anyway, we're always traveling at a mind-boggling rate yet relative to the Earth we can experience stillness and balance. Pretty neat.
To hell being stoned… that tripped me out just reading :o

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2024, 03:07:15 PM »
battle rapping is just two adults trying to hurt each other's feelings by rhyming.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2024, 05:05:25 PM »
battle rapping is just two adults trying to hurt each other's feelings by rhyming.
Maybe if people online started rhyming during arguments, we could call them rap battles.

They certainly would be more pleasant to read.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2024, 09:14:01 AM »
I wonder how to get a pro skater friend onto the bunt. He said he’s down. Also, would they pay him?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2024, 06:22:00 AM »
imagine going all the way to the moon and then a bunch of people think it’s all a ruse .. meanwhile these same people think aliens are spying on us from light years away
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2024, 06:42:59 AM »
imagine going all the way to the moon and then a bunch of people think it’s all a ruse .. meanwhile these same people think aliens are spying on us from light years away

this guy disappeared shortly after the moon landing and so did all his research.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 07:00:01 AM by fineslime »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2024, 06:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this guy disappeared shortly after the moon landing and so did all his research.
With feelings of great shame and dejection, I’m sure.

What even is plasma?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2024, 06:32:16 AM »
The orthodox Jewish tunnels in NYC are such a rich and ripe main vein for humor, smart people are going to figure out how to mine them for material (metaphorically) for years to come.

Barriers to entry are important components of human existence in like, most things I reckon, right?  I think that’s one of the best things about skating: 90% of the population stands stiff-kneed arms outstretched parallel to the ground on a rolling skateboard for 2 seconds and realize they want nothing to do with it.  It eliminates a lot of bullshit right off the bat.

How annoying would it be if everyone posted everything like this?  It’s kinda interesting how you, random slap lurker, index finger embedded up to the second knuckle in one nostril or the other, gets this strange simulacrum of someone’s stream of consciousness.  At least wash your hands before you start that heavy duty, secretive, brain-matter-scraping, nose-picking no one knows about. The kind where you go just a little bit too deep and accidentally adjust your watch settings and actually somehow touch your physical soul that you always wondered about if it existed or not until you, up to your wrist reading slap somehow touched the damn thing.  How long will someone stay focused staring at the same little block of phone or computer screen watching some random person’s unedited thoughts flow past.  I was thinking how weird it is that memories and thoughts have to ultimately be physical things that happen inside your brain.  I’m sure there’s people way smarter than me that could give a better description, but they are just like patterns of electrical gradients playing out between different synapses right?  It’s just funny how little we know about the brain and I wonder if brains are the only way for the universe to understand itself.  It’s also funny how much we consider to be human probably predates humans.  Longtime pal straight, who I generally dislike but who is obviously pretty intelligent and possesses nollie and switch flips that I’m jealous of, once commented how our knowledge of fire wasn’t discovered by humans but was known in some form or another by our progenitors, so we sort of evolved with the knowledge of it until we had the gray matter to figure out how to start and control it made like an actual physical change in my brain and now I can’t think of human evolution the same ever again.  But enough about brains, let’s talk about how light pollution is one of the worst things about living on the east coast.  Unfortunately this is where everyone I know and deeply love lives, so either I have to wrangle everyone up to a mass exodus to Utah or just live with it.  Im not the most erudite dude in the world, so I could be totally wrong and missing a lot, but I’ve always suspected that abstract art is mostly bullshit and is often just a money-laundering scheme.  I just have an emperor’s new clothes impulse whenever I see someone gazing into, for example, a Jackson Pollock.  I gotta go change the oil in my truck or else I’d draw this mother fucker out any longer.  If you made it to the end of this, type “Ringo” in response.  That will be our secret way of identifying one another as people that sat through all of this.

What’s everyone thinking about our next election?  Biden four more years right?  He’s our only hope against the white supremacists imo.

Is the existence and popularity of video games explicable as an easy and accessible way for us to enter into the fabled “flow state”?  I say that as someone who has probably played more video games than whoever is reading this.  I think that explains skating, rock climbing, sports in general, most artistic endeavors and probably a lot more.  We seem to crave being in a deep, meditative state of interacting with the physical world.

How many arguments actually change anyone’s minds?  They seem valueless.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2024, 07:25:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
With feelings of great shame and dejection, I’m sure.

What even is plasma?

High-energy ionized matter.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 07:33:41 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2024, 07:40:37 AM »
The orthodox Jewish tunnels in NYC are such a rich and ripe main vein for humor, smart people are going to figure out how to mine them for material (metaphorically) for years to come.

Barriers to entry are important components of human existence in like, most things I reckon, right?  I think that’s one of the best things about skating: 90% of the population stands stiff-kneed arms outstretched parallel to the ground on a rolling skateboard for 2 seconds and realize they want nothing to do with it.  It eliminates a lot of bullshit right off the bat.

How annoying would it be if everyone posted everything like this?  It’s kinda interesting how you, random slap lurker, index finger embedded up to the second knuckle in one nostril or the other, gets this strange simulacrum of someone’s stream of consciousness.  At least wash your hands before you start that heavy duty, secretive, brain-matter-scraping, nose-picking no one knows about. The kind where you go just a little bit too deep and accidentally adjust your watch settings and actually somehow touch your physical soul that you always wondered about if it existed or not until you, up to your wrist reading slap somehow touched the damn thing.  How long will someone stay focused staring at the same little block of phone or computer screen watching some random person’s unedited thoughts flow past.  I was thinking how weird it is that memories and thoughts have to ultimately be physical things that happen inside your brain.  I’m sure there’s people way smarter than me that could give a better description, but they are just like patterns of electrical gradients playing out between different synapses right?  It’s just funny how little we know about the brain and I wonder if brains are the only way for the universe to understand itself.  It’s also funny how much we consider to be human probably predates humans.  Longtime pal straight, who I generally dislike but who is obviously pretty intelligent and possesses nollie and switch flips that I’m jealous of, once commented how our knowledge of fire wasn’t discovered by humans but was known in some form or another by our progenitors, so we sort of evolved with the knowledge of it until we had the gray matter to figure out how to start and control it made like an actual physical change in my brain and now I can’t think of human evolution the same ever again.  But enough about brains, let’s talk about how light pollution is one of the worst things about living on the east coast.  Unfortunately this is where everyone I know and deeply love lives, so either I have to wrangle everyone up to a mass exodus to Utah or just live with it.  Im not the most erudite dude in the world, so I could be totally wrong and missing a lot, but I’ve always suspected that abstract art is mostly bullshit and is often just a money-laundering scheme.  I just have an emperor’s new clothes impulse whenever I see someone gazing into, for example, a Jackson Pollock.  I gotta go change the oil in my truck or else I’d draw this mother fucker out any longer.  If you made it to the end of this, type “Ringo” in response.  That will be our secret way of identifying one another as people that sat through all of this.

What’s everyone thinking about our next election?  Biden four more years right?  He’s our only hope against the white supremacists imo.

Is the existence and popularity of video games explicable as an easy and accessible way for us to enter into the fabled “flow state”?  I say that as someone who has probably played more video games than whoever is reading this.  I think that explains skating, rock climbing, sports in general, most artistic endeavors and probably a lot more.  We seem to crave being in a deep, meditative state of interacting with the physical world.

How many arguments actually change anyone’s minds?  They seem valueless.

the situation with the tunnels is absolutely sickening and despicable. if you found soiled children's mattress in a normal home, people would be freaking out, and here they are finding them IN UNDERGROUND TUNNELS!! I have heard a couple comedians try and tip toe around the situation on podcasts recently and they fact that the aren't calling it like it is really shows how scared everyone is about speaking out about this community, even when there is black and white evidence that children are being abused.

that community is so isolated and protected that I'm not sure if the general public will ever get the truth about that situation.

this genuinely sounds like child human trafficking and abuse. there are no words that can describe that type of evil.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 07:49:51 AM by fineslime »

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2024, 08:05:18 AM »
I’ve seen the baby stroller and mattresses, but I don’t think that automatically means human trafficking.  Could or could not.  Much more info would be required.  It certainly isn’t evidence against it.

I do find it hilarious that there were people a year ago reporting hearing Yiddish under their floorboards hahaha.  It sounds like something a crazy person would say.