Author Topic: Pacific Drive  (Read 209 times)

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
Pacific Drive
« on: March 01, 2024, 08:52:20 AM »

Anyone else playing this? I'm really liking it so far, about 20 hours in.
Pretty unique idea, basically a first person survival horror with driving, looting, crafting and car modifying.
No fighting, it's about documenting and evading the "anomalies" and modifying your car to keep you safe when you're in it.

Great story and voice acting so far too. Highly recommend if you're into this kind of stuff.

newguy

Re: Pacific Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 04:39:20 AM »
Its on my radar, dont have the time for it yet. Is it a long ride or can you beat it quickly?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 06:15:28 AM »
Its on my radar, dont have the time for it yet. Is it a long ride or can you beat it quickly?

It's as long as you want it to be, I think people have beaten it pretty quickly but if you really want to explore and get the most out of it I'd guess it could easily be a 100 hour game.

newguy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 07:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's as long as you want it to be, I think people have beaten it pretty quickly but if you really want to explore and get the most out of it I'd guess it could easily be a 100 hour game.

Woah, I’m interested but guess ill wait for summer to roll around in order to enjoy it properly. Do you have long periods of driving or is it more like you stop every five minutes to fix something? Thats one common point of criticism Ive seen on this game.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 01:08:36 PM »
Yeah...you stop a lot, and the more reckless you drive the more often you have to repair your car.
All looting happens on foot, so the more you loot the more often you'll be stopping.
A lot of repairing also depends on how dangerous the road you're traveling is at that moment, the game is semi-procedurally generated, so you can drive the same road 10 times in a row and sometimes it'll be a cakewalk and other times it's pure fuckin' chaos. All depends on how unstable the conditions are at the time.

newguy

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 07:01:51 PM »
Yeah...you stop a lot, and the more reckless you drive the more often you have to repair your car.
All looting happens on foot, so the more you loot the more often you'll be stopping.
A lot of repairing also depends on how dangerous the road you're traveling is at that moment, the game is semi-procedurally generated, so you can drive the same road 10 times in a row and sometimes it'll be a cakewalk and other times it's pure fuckin' chaos. All depends on how unstable the conditions are at the time.

Right, so def a game you need to clear a schedule for, thanks.