Author Topic: HELLDIVERS II  (Read 270 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
HELLDIVERS II
« on: February 17, 2024, 11:52:55 AM »
Anyone playing?

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: HELLDIVERS II
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 08:50:31 AM »
I really want to but I only have one friend playing it and I'm wary about trying to get into another live-service type game... also sounds like a bad time to get into it until server stuff is fixed

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 03:29:51 PM »
I really want to but I only have one friend playing it and I'm wary about trying to get into another live-service type game... also sounds like a bad time to get into it until server stuff is fixed

Server stuff is fixed for the most part, tough when you are small dev and your game blows up!

It's super fun - and as a live service game goes, man they are doing their transactions and 'battle pass' stuff right...the basic pass you can grind for currency that allows you to buy the premium pass; best bit is ALL passes stay around FOREVER so no FOMO on older passes.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Draco sound like boomhauer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 06:41:11 PM »
Caved into the hype after seeing it on my tiktok nonstop and loving it. I’ve been playing mostly competitive multiplayer games lately so it’s nice to break away from that. Trying to get my girlfriend into by pitching it as Battlefront+Halo but she ain’t vibing with it. Also is this game unnecessarily cinematic (in a good way) to anyone else? Every mission feels like a lost sci-fi movie scene from the 80’s.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 07:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Server stuff is fixed for the most part, tough when you are small dev and your game blows up!

It's super fun - and as a live service game goes, man they are doing their transactions and 'battle pass' stuff right...the basic pass you can grind for currency that allows you to buy the premium pass; best bit is ALL passes stay around FOREVER so no FOMO on older passes.

Yeah, the new server stuff hadn't dropped when I posted that. I've since bought it. And I don't even care about battle pass stuff that much, more just community activity and all that. People tend to leap on these games every time a new one comes out and then most people drop them in a few weeks and I'm left with none of my friends to play with. But it's a lot of fun.

I do really like the way they've implemented the battle pass here... where instead of getting one predetermined item every time you level up you're instead given Medals upon every successful mission and then you spend the medals on which items you want while moving up through tiers
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 02:44:13 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 03:08:12 PM »
Loving the game. Been playing with randoms and a co-worker.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 08:21:58 AM »
Loving the game. Been playing with randoms and a co-worker.

Yeah I'm having a blast with it, working my way up through the difficulties. Mechs dropped yesterday but I'm not level 25 yet to access them, have a few levels to go. New Warbond dropping in a week or so I think.