Author Topic: Trendwatch 2018  (Read 38047 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Trendwatch 2018
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 12:23:46 AM »
what is its mission?

I wish there was a June Diane of skateboarding

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 02:57:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Hmm, this is the first reported case I've heard of someone getting kicked out by a robot.

I made a post about facial recognition in November.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97418

I'd assume the robot you encountered has the capability to take photos of  / record humans it interacts with, then upload those photos / footage to a web server. In other words, it's slowly building a database of "criminals". More data for the property owner to use against you. Tough to deny it's your first time visiting a spot when there is photo evidence of you being there previously.
[close]

One of the wildest things to me is how normal and calm people are about facial recognition. Between snapchat filters, facebook automatically detecting peoples faces and tagging people, and even the new iphones with those emoji face things. I'm all for technology improving lives and making shit easier, but even some shit kinda phases me out with just HOW good it is.

So if these robots are actually compiling a database of faces and shit, might be time to break out the tinfoil hat and go live in the middle of the woods in a cabin.

It's time to break out the ski masks.

brokeXboi

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 04:43:44 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-new-york-security/new-york-to-install-1500-more-sidewalk-barriers-after-vehicle-attacks-idUSKBN1ER1KU

I heard the barrier Kult is moving to NYC

Expand Quote
soon it will be a robot dog w/ a gun for a paw and it'll embed sensors in your skin so other robot dogs will run you up a tree or drive behind you at high rates of speed.

[close]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
could you imagine this thing barrelling after you?
If it's programmed to stop skaters, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to the CPU's OS to kill all humans, that would stop skating a lot more efficiently, right?

That robot has more hops than I do :(

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
10 inch decks and 215 indys

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
Weightlifting.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

Spicy boi.

• Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 08:20:20 PM »
We're the new Guy Montag
Can Alex Olson be Clarisse?

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 10:55:01 PM »
Why has OP not replied on how the robot kicked him out? Did it just talk shit until you left?

Also we can throw cups of water on the robots, but they are going to having bathes of rice every night (naked to)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 12:27:57 AM »
Why has OP not replied on how the robot kicked him out? Did it just talk shit until you left?

Also we can throw cups of water on the robots, but they are going to having bathes of rice every night (naked to)

Obviously he wasn’t landing any tricks and the robot was kicked him out to prevent him (or any human) from coming to harm as is it’s directive

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 08:40:47 AM »

Hi, I left on my own before the robot really had a chance to kick me out. I did not even have my board with me. I was just walking around looking for spots. All the ledges were already knobbed and there were just a few sets of stairs. I saw the robot off in the distance and thought it was a cleaning robot at first. It started rolling towards me and I saw a "Security" tag on its front. It kinda freaked me out and I just walked the other way back to my car and left.
Maybe tomorrow, I will bring a camera with me, go back and let it go thru the whole routine.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
10 inch decks and 215 indys
My homie's been on that, bought a bunch of 10 inch rectangular planks and started cutting his own shapes. Rode his board yesterday, shit was mad comfy and had some crispy pop.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shit_for_brains

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
It's just a big rolling camera. It's cheaper in the long term and less liability coverage for the property owners. A robot isn't going to flip out when a 14 year old won't stop skating and break their collar bone. There's still some loser on the other end of it, they aren't autonomous AI killbots yet.

Pigeon

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »
Can't people just piss on them?

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 02:23:21 PM »
Can't people just piss on them?

Stay out of view of the camera and shoot it with a super soaker.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »
One of the wildest things to me is how normal and calm people are about facial recognition. Between snapchat filters, facebook automatically detecting peoples faces and tagging people, and even the new iphones with those emoji face things. I'm all for technology improving lives and making shit easier, but even some shit kinda phases me out with just HOW good it is.

So if these robots are actually compiling a database of faces and shit, might be time to break out the tinfoil hat and go live in the middle of the woods in a cabin.
 you're not alone there mate! shit is pretty scary if you think about it.

airwalk ones (already out in Japan)
dick belts (seen a few over the xmas break)
boards with 8 holes drilled in the front for wheelbase nerds
more pop punk (still waiting for face to face)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Pigeon

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »
dudes wearing spandex under shorts

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2018, 04:43:14 AM »
Relapses to regain core status
Trendwatch threads
Olympic team/army threads

Seriously though. The trend I don't want to see, but it's already here and happening is, the closing of locals that always seemed to be invincible.
#PitcrewFamily

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2018, 04:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What is it, early nineties all over again? I'm guilty of all these, 25 years ago.

Pigeon

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 06:47:50 AM »
Relapses to regain core status
Trendwatch threads
Dudes usually stop skating after relapsing, and we’ve had yearly Trendwatch threads for a while.

Edit:
Also, the trend seems to be more towards going healthy and sober...not a bad trend to have.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:49:22 AM by Pigeon »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What is it, early nineties all over again? I'm guilty of all these, 25 years ago.

exactly, I feel so old now...

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
I've been wearing dick belts and listening to pop punk for 15 years..

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
exactly, I feel so old now...
Why anyone would wanna bring Millencollin back is beyond me.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
Why anyone would wanna bring Millencollin back is beyond me.
Millencollin was a bad choice in my opinion and not a true representation of how good pop punk can be. they were 3rd rate at best. A kid born in 2000 (or somewhere thereabouts) obviously has no clue though

I've been wearing dick belts and listening to pop punk for 15 years..
proof that if you stick with something for long enough it is bound to be cool again

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 05:56:56 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »
that's what I'm talking about!
I think we should start an actual pop punk thread

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
If we're bringing back pop-punk we gotta bring back 90s skate punk too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reb8kGY3RXk

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »
Goofy rock-rap needs to come back too:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=esc8ifuYkm4

shit_for_brains

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 08:50:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's this self check out little market thing in my office for snacks and drinks and shit, and you can either swipe your card like a normal person who is being tracked by banks or GIVE THEM YOUR FINGERPRINT to set up an account and deposit cash. People just do it. Give the cash register your fingerprint so you can have some oreos at 9am. Why does it need your goddamn fingerprint and why don't they think that's crazy? Total insanity.

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2018, 08:51:24 AM »
Skate shops closing
More brands selling direct to customer
Video parts being released in one minute instalments for instagram.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »

I'd assume the robot you encountered has the capability to take photos of  / record humans it interacts with, then upload those photos / footage to a web server. In other words, it's slowly building a database of "criminals". More data for the property owner to use against you. Tough to deny it's your first time visiting a spot when there is photo evidence of you being there previously.

One just needs to adopt the LD look when going skating downtown and will still be able to turn up on the block 10 toes

Or simply do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxbEyvB1Vg4
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:32:57 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.