Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (Read 2935 times)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:35 AM »
I actually thought Kylo had turned to the light, also I'm confused on Luke's death did that projection really drain him that severely?

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
I actually thought Kylo had turned to the light, also I'm confused on Luke's death did that projection really drain him that severely?

Everyone is confused on Luke's "death".  I imagine the opening crawl of the next one will be like "After downing MDMA, cocaine, morphine, and alcohol on a spaceship General Organa swapped with Luke and now Luke is alive don't worry about it"

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 07:39:05 AM »
spoiler: still train racing

#prayingforjedi

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »

Everyone is confused on Luke's "death".  I imagine the opening crawl of the next one will be like "After downing MDMA, cocaine, morphine, and alcohol on a spaceship General Organa swapped with Luke and now Luke is alive don't worry about it"

I think they're gonna do this

Lenny the Fatface

• Rep: 21
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 04:57:14 AM »
I love all of the think pieces trying to shame people into thinking they are losers for not liking this movie. The movie is polarizing at best, who cares.

My only gripe is that The Last Jedi did so much to subvert the viewers expectations that it was almost pointless watching The Force Awakens.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
Force Awakens is kind of pointless if you've seen IV.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »
took an edible and watched it. made it easier to get through the cheese and appreciate the rest of movie, especially the visual aspects. it was super sick for two minutes when i thought luke was so badass he could just block all those blasts, then the projection thing made it almost better? i think he died because the projection drained him or he was finally at peace and could just peace.

why did the death star cannon only destroy the door?

anyway, it was entertaining and a nice break from the 10 degree windy weather. i was really let down by the force awakens and this one was waaaaay better. the force awakens felt so phoned-in. no need to remake a new hope.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
I can`t get into this new ST shit guys and I really tried...Force Awakens got some cornhole eyed looking thing instead of Master Yoda and that fucking Sith was more like Vector from Despicable Me! fuck it,I`m out...I guess I am too old for this new CGI!
back to Red Dwarf...

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 12:50:49 AM »
The movie felt like it was going to end a few times but kept going (at least I saw it that way because I really had to pee). I feel mixed, I enjoyed some stuff but the dialogue wasn't that good most of the time and some of the action sequences felt way over the top and ridiculous.

I described it to friends as the dialogue of the walking dead with the super dramatic action sequences from fast and the furious. 
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

SlapReviewer18

• Rep: -6
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
I saw it, i thought it was way better than the last one. It really made me want to watch the others all again.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 97
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
back to Red Dwarf...

It's not fair to Star Wars or any other movie to compare it to Red Dwarf. That show is the greatest.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:27:32 PM by Yushin Okami »
staining niggas homework wit his buttjuice

krookedjuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »

RIP to the best character.

shaolinconfounder

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2018, 07:18:47 AM »
I think it was entertaining in itself like the battles and visuals were amazing but in terms of story and characters it was a fuckin disgrace. The wit and magic of the og 3 is pretty much gone and is replaced by modernised cheesy ass jokes and a commercial sort of feel.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:06:57 PM by shaolinconfounder »

KingKook

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2018, 07:24:14 AM »
I went to see this movie last week. I thought it was decent.
Some friends were on a about subliminal messages and underlying themes ruining the franchise.
I really don't give a shit, sometimes I just want to see some space ships blow shit up.
So for me it was ok,  not a complete waste of weed.
***Extra points to the theatre with recliner seats.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 09:06:58 AM »
just saw it last night (was released hella late here in PRC) and i thought it was a good movie, but not good for a starwars. i really liked rouge one and the force awakens but this one was mediocre. the han solo one should be good.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:20 AM »
I'm gonna wait until I'm on a plane to watch this one.....I realize I've seen them all....retained none of them...