Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 123895 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2018, 10:18:14 PM »
If girl went to DSM I'd be more down to skate em.....

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2018, 11:55:40 PM »
That'd explain why he skates blanks with just a girl sticker, I couldn't imagine Crail boards holding up against his frame anyway, dudes huge
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:14:39 PM by Paco Supreme »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2018, 07:38:38 AM »
I think the deal with dwindle is/was they give you a ton of your boards when you're done....this is what could be happening.....

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »
That'd explain why he skates blanks with just a girl sticker, I couldn't imagine Craig boards holding up against his frame anyway, dudes huge
fucking craig.

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2018, 08:35:42 AM »
What he has posted about isn’t dwindle technology. He has been skating crailtap boards because the only reason he would stay on dwindle boards is for the impact and for the last few months none of his setup pics have had the impact topsheet and have had Girl graphics, apart from the last ones which are stickered yes but he’s talking about trying these new constructions. I’m pretty sure this is crail working on something different not impact.

Ben De Gros

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
If girl went to DSM I'd be more down to skate em.....
I'm testing out a Girl board because someone asked me if they are really that bad or if it's just trendy to hate them now. Decided I would try one out to answer the question. Two hours of skating in and the board has started creaking and groaning. I give it a week tops and it will have completely let go. I can't believe I skated them for so long without ever trying other brands.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
The consensus is there is newer manufacturing and I'm so out of touch w new vs old that I have no idea how to identify but I'd like to give them a chance again too.....

I asked Mcrank of all people last week if there was a difference and he said that they felt pretty good to him....I guess though he sets them up pretty regularly....

For the most part though it's pretty easy to just skate gen/BBS stuff because they are readily available and quality decks....

Ben De Gros

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2018, 05:19:34 PM »
The one I'm on is from Fun in the Sun  so it will be an old one and will get a deservedly poopy review. I don't really care if the decks are getting better they deserve a lousy review for all the lame boards in the last decade. I will at least note in the review that it is an old deck that was discounted. If they genuinely get any better I would try one again just to know but I agree that I would rather just ride a BBS deck anyway.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
id definitely be interested in hearing you review a newer one too. maybe wait until you get one and put them both in one video?

Ben De Gros

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
id definitely be interested in hearing you review a newer one too. maybe wait until you get one and put them both in one video?
That's a great idea except that I won't be buying another girl deck ever until there is verifiable evidence that they are better. I have put enough money into that company with my purchases. There are waaaaaayyyy too many great brands out there worth trying.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2018, 03:52:34 AM »
Is anyone familiar with chapman molds? Are the hotel blue decks as steep/deep as the Hopps?

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »
Is anyone familiar with chapman molds? Are the hotel blue decks as steep/deep as the Hopps?
Isn’t there couple of different Hopps concaves,lion and something? I skated one Jahmal Williams board last summer and it was on mellow/medium side compared these bbs/gen boards I’ve been skating mostly.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »
Hotel blue concave is pretty normal medium/steep like zoo york and shut

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
Hopps it is, thanks alot for the responses.

asakusa75

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »
The consensus is there is newer manufacturing and I'm so out of touch w new vs old that I have no idea how to identify but I'd like to give them a chance again too.....

I asked Mcrank of all people last week if there was a difference and he said that they felt pretty good to him....I guess though he sets them up pretty regularly....

For the most part though it's pretty easy to just skate gen/BBS stuff because they are readily available and quality decks....

Setting up a new Malto today, cant tell if the wood is different but the concave is different for sure, not as flat across the middle and the nose and tail are steeper for sure. My mind might be playing tricks on me but the woodstain looks different too...

shaolinconfounder

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2018, 04:13:23 PM »
Anyone skated a hotel blue board? I think their videos and graphics are sick id be keen to support them

nosneb

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
I got one. They are Chapman wood so it’s pretty strong. Steep concave medium kick almost squarish shape.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Setting up a new Malto today, cant tell if the wood is different but the concave is different for sure, not as flat across the middle and the nose and tail are steeper for sure. My mind might be playing tricks on me but the woodstain looks different too...

Cool. Keep us updated.

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
How are Chapman boards? Compared to South Central and Pennswood. I like a medium concave and lean towards a squarish shape. Larger than average nose preferred.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2018, 06:53:08 PM »

Looks like Girl might be getting into the Carbon fiber game.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »
GANG!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2018, 07:01:54 PM »
GANG!

He coined a new one on a Suciu post, NINJA.       ...not his best work

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:43 PM »
That gang shit got old after a week.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

asakusa75

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Cool. Keep us updated.

So, three skates in and it seems fine. Even though it said G009 on it, it looked a little different and once it was gripped it is a different shape for sure, nowhere near as square. The concave is new I think, steeper. I have ridden so many of the older ones in a row, you can tell straight away. So once I adjusted to the new concave, it seems fine. Its not flexing a whole bunch and its really crisp. Keep in mind that I am a diehard Crailtap fan, one of the last of a dying breed (I only know one other person who like the boards and he always rides Chocolates) and would probably say it was good anyway. That, and also I am old and not really using it for anything that requires some super responsive board. But yeah, I think its good, totally rideable and I also feel like I am supporting Howard and Carroll, my two all-time favourites. I really hope Crail doesnt go under.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2018, 09:37:29 PM »
Nah....those dudes aren't going anywhere....not to say there won't be more changes though.... Hope these changes are for the better.. More concave sounds good and if you're old you're old and doing the same ole tricks....you are probably in tune wth you're gear...

asakusa75

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
Nah....those dudes aren't going anywhere....not to say there won't be more changes though.... Hope these changes are for the better.. More concave sounds good and if you're old you're old and doing the same ole tricks....you are probably in tune wth you're gear...

Really depends on the day...its like rolling the dice every time I skate these days.

GMB

• Rep: 8
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 01:52:31 PM »
anyone knows about ZERO boards??

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DSM in China. Where all the Dwindle boards are made.

we are setting up a small operation to sell & distribute Zero independently in the new year.
our goal is to focus on doing things small and well by servicing the best accounts and distributors. we'd like to continue to use dsm (dwindle) as our board manufacturer for the intl. market and we're setting up manufacturing for north america in the US & mexico.

the dwindle staff is amazing and they have been very supportive, but zero is small and what makes the most sense for us is to be independent and connect with the shops, distributors & end customers directly that appreciate the brand and it's history.

if you're a shop or distributor and would like to get set up to order zero directly, please send your email to: [email protected]
below is the message that dwindle sent out last week. obviously, feel free to talk shit, give your 2 cents/advice or ignore this post -jt

"This message is to act as a notice of change to the working relationship between Zero Skateboards and Dwindle Distribution. After the end of the initial term of the license/distribution agreement between Zero and Dwindle, Jamie Thomas has decided to run the brand independently. He will be setting up his offices in Carlsbad, California. Dwindle will continue to sell and deliver all Zero product until Jan 15th 2017."

I do not know who they are using for the NA market now as I have not seen any of the new ones. I bought 2 Zero boards a year ago but they were resin7 leftovers.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

DSM in China. Where all the Dwindle boards are made.
[close]

Expand Quote
we are setting up a small operation to sell & distribute Zero independently in the new year.
our goal is to focus on doing things small and well by servicing the best accounts and distributors. we'd like to continue to use dsm (dwindle) as our board manufacturer for the intl. market and we're setting up manufacturing for north america in the US & mexico.

the dwindle staff is amazing and they have been very supportive, but zero is small and what makes the most sense for us is to be independent and connect with the shops, distributors & end customers directly that appreciate the brand and it's history.

if you're a shop or distributor and would like to get set up to order zero directly, please send your email to: [email protected]
below is the message that dwindle sent out last week. obviously, feel free to talk shit, give your 2 cents/advice or ignore this post -jt

"This message is to act as a notice of change to the working relationship between Zero Skateboards and Dwindle Distribution. After the end of the initial term of the license/distribution agreement between Zero and Dwindle, Jamie Thomas has decided to run the brand independently. He will be setting up his offices in Carlsbad, California. Dwindle will continue to sell and deliver all Zero product until Jan 15th 2017."
[close]

I do not know who they are using for the NA market now as I have not seen any of the new ones. I bought 2 Zero boards a year ago but they were resin7 leftovers.

we got some zero decks specifically for a tour that were straight from generator. paint was still smelly.

nosneb

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2018, 03:38:03 PM »
yeah recent zero board I saw had mexico sticker on it