Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 123928 times)

RumpelFoarskin

Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Revive is made by clutch, they are good and strong
[close]
how you know what Revive boards are made of  ::)
[close]

I want more on this. Schrock says they come from the same place as Birdhouse, Slap theorists state that NHS has invested in them somehow, and now this.

I want to see who is supplying this empire.
It’s in the clutch catalogue page 33 says they got their test from their friends at “revive skateboards” so I asked Andy where they were made on Instagram and he responded with “clutch”. Then I asked clutch if they made revive on Instagram and they said yes.
https://issuu.com/clutchdistribution/docs/clutch_summer_2017_magalog?e=27566739/51518760
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:01:53 PM by RumpelFoarskin »

curbdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2018, 09:16:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Revive is made by clutch, they are good and strong
[close]
how you know what Revive boards are made of  ::)
[close]

I want more on this. Schrock says they come from the same place as Birdhouse, Slap theorists state that NHS has invested in them somehow, and now this.

I want to see who is supplying this empire.
[close]
It’s in the clutch catalogue page 33 says they got their test from their friends at “revive skateboards” so I asked Andy where they were made on Instagram and he responded with “clutch”. Then I asked clutch if they made revive on Instagram and they said yes.
https://issuu.com/clutchdistribution/docs/clutch_summer_2017_magalog?e=27566739/51518760

Well. There it is.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2018, 01:40:04 PM »
Also I got a black label recently and it was a Watson laminates, granted it was a pig shape
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »
who makes skatemental? (asking for a friend)
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:28 AM »
It had thought same mystery Chinese shop as Crail.....

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #215 on: April 03, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
did palace change woodshops over the years? had one in 2013 maybe 2014 and it was great then got one late 2016 and it was pretty bad imo

No. Sometimes there's a few flukes in a batch. My last one was pretty good, but it was purchased back in September.

What was wrong with the deck you had?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Dima

• Rep: -6
« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2018, 12:49:50 PM »
It had thought same mystery Chinese shop as Crail.....

Excel is where crail at least is coming from...

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »
I remember a while back people talking in this thread about boards they had warping from just sitting around before setting them up. I just set up a passport (generator wood) I got a few months back and it feels great. I also left it in my car for a week during multiple snow storms because I was planning on setting it up while traveling (weather stopped me from setting it up/skating).  No warping at all, but this thread made me kind of nervous about it.

Also I see that this thread says Evisen boards found in North America are South Central. Can anyone confirm this? I really want to try one but do not really want to skate any DSM wood.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:58 AM »
I remember a while back people talking in this thread about boards they had warping from just sitting around before setting them up. I just set up a passport (generator wood) I got a few months back and it feels great. I also left it in my car for a week during multiple snow storms because I was planning on setting it up while traveling (weather stopped me from setting it up/skating).  No warping at all, but this thread made me kind of nervous about it.

Also I see that this thread says Evisen boards found in North America are South Central. Can anyone confirm this? I really want to try one but do not really want to skate any DSM wood.
I've heard north american evison boards are dsm

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »
Am I the only one not feeling the hype about ps stix boards? I was riding 2 x quasi boards lately and both ended up either chipping in 2 sessions or just breaking after one fucking day.

My generator polar deck was holding up 2 months straight.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2018, 12:05:30 PM »
You sure they were PS?  Serial number?

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »

just ungripped the nose. definitely a ps. "Hand Crafted by PS Stix" blablabla PS59178-0237

probably my last ps stix board for now. gonna stick to generator as they never disappointed me (yet)

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just checked Theories online store and it says, "These decks have been imported direct from Japan and are super limited, so jump on these asap!" I am just going to check one out when I see one in a shop, or send an email to Theories and just ask.

NJFly318

« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
Am I the only one not feeling the hype about ps stix boards? I was riding 2 x quasi boards lately and both ended up either chipping in 2 sessions or just breaking after one fucking day.

I have a Street Plant shaped board, first session tail blows out and splits, like it was really dry. The DLX boards that I usually ride just feel so much better and last forever.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:18:08 PM by NJFly318 »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I just checked Theories online store and it says, "These decks have been imported direct from Japan and are super limited, so jump on these asap!" I am just going to check one out when I see one in a shop, or send an email to Theories and just ask.
but even the ones they sell in Japan are DSM

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just ungripped the nose. definitely a ps. "Hand Crafted by PS Stix" blablabla PS59178-0237

probably my last ps stix board for now. gonna stick to generator as they never disappointed me (yet)

Good news is that it's actually kinda hard to skate a PS board....everyone seems to be switching over.

Horsemeat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:49 AM »
Also had a couple ps stix crap out on me. One started delaminating and chipping off the tail and the other sogged out in like a week. Bummer

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2018, 06:30:22 AM »
Currently on ps stix quasi 8.25 last year's release, I dunno it's holding up even I rode it once in the rain which I thought it  was gonna die but didnt. But then again I'm sort of still a newb only flatground and hillbombs so maybe that's why it's holding up

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2018, 07:04:30 AM »

PS is so hit or miss the last one I had was a super old FA dill photo board that was one of the first few runs they did and I had that for almost 2 months but the one before that was a pretty recent quasi with the bugs on it and it died at almost 2 weeks

micky682

« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2018, 07:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
PS is so hit or miss the last one I had was a super old FA dill photo board that was one of the first few runs they did and I had that for almost 2 months but the one before that was a pretty recent quasi with the bugs on it and it died at almost 2 weeks
This. When it’s good PS stix is on par with Generator/bbs but it’s not as consistent as them.

NJFly318

« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2018, 03:56:57 PM »
How do South Central produced decks stack up against Bareback/Generator produced DLX decks?
I’ve never skated SC wood.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2018, 12:10:56 AM »
A bit heavier.....but not too clunky.  generator has a pretty broad spectrum but I'd say the SC boards I had were a bit steeper.  I'd say the SC was strong too.  I'd say SC is between generator and chapman.

NJFly318

« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2018, 04:02:04 AM »
A bit heavier.....but not too clunky.  generator has a pretty broad spectrum but I'd say the SC boards I had were a bit steeper.  I'd say the SC was strong too.  I'd say SC is between generator and chapman.

Thanks for the feedback soy.

furiruuzu

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2018, 12:57:09 PM »
Brujaria is split between Clutch and Quincy. Skating two of their Quincy made 8.3" boards right now and really enjoying them! Just wanted you to know so you could update the list, thanks!

halfsleeper

• Rep: 9
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
if there’s a shape thread that exists, please point me to it. apologies for being uneducated / out of place / generally existing.

i really love a specific hockey shape. 8.5 x 32ish x 14ish wb, stubby nose and tail, steeper concave but not as crazy as some FA boards (some have such short tails it's crazy). the last 3 i’ve skated have delammed and exploded in a similar way. i’m really bummed on quality, fairly certain they were all PS.

i just want this shape. where go / wat do?
tiny hat, big heart.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »
if there’s a shape thread that exists, please point me to it. apologies for being uneducated / out of place / generally existing.

i really love a specific hockey shape. 8.5 x 32ish x 14ish wb, stubby nose and tail, steeper concave but not as crazy as some FA boards (some have such short tails it's crazy). the last 3 i’ve skated have delammed and exploded in a similar way. i’m really bummed on quality, fairly certain they were all PS.

i just want this shape. where go / wat do?

If it is what I am thinking of, the Quasi 8.5x32.12 (14.25wb), squarish nose and tail. Also a PS board.

halfsleeper

• Rep: 9
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2018, 11:16:57 AM »
If it is what I am thinking of, the Quasi 8.5x32.12 (14.25wb), squarish nose and tail. Also a PS board.

right, very similar. but again i'm mainly bummed on the PS quality control issues.

anyone make this shape through BBS? i've heard hockey/FA are transitioning to BBS so i'm on the lookout. just curious if this shape exists in other BBS clients - maybe hookups/JK?
tiny hat, big heart.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

right, very similar. but again i'm mainly bummed on the PS quality control issues.

anyone make this shape through BBS? i've heard hockey/FA are transitioning to BBS so i'm on the lookout. just curious if this shape exists in other BBS clients - maybe hookups/JK?

Hookups/JK are on the pointier side. WKND may have what you're looking for

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »
scumco logo boards are made by control
even the steven

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »
scumco logo boards are made by control
which logo boards?