Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 123906 times)

NJFly318

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Someone in the Habitat X Alien Workshop thread said that Workshop recently left BBS/Generator. Anyone spotted these new Alien decks and see who's pressing them? Wouldn't be surprised if they went back to PS Stix, which is what Habitat is currently using and AWS used to use.
[close]
I hope not.
[close]

Had a Yaje deck from their most recent drop. Was still BBS. Hope they don't switch to PS, the Yaje (and I think one or two of the Guevara) decks had full-shape specs - 8.25x32.25x14.5 - but with normal shape nose and tails.

I have the Price Point “Harvest” deck in 8.5” it’s a nice square nose and definitely made by BBS/Generator.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
Does BBS have any consistent markings across brands or anything to clue you in that they pressed the board?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2018, 06:24:30 AM »
what ever happened to welcome and program being connected? its like they started out as a welcome sister company and then just stared doing their own thing. also Carpet Co boards are generator too get them on there son.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2018, 06:02:57 PM »
Anyone skate Chapman lately ?

My local shop has a few Hotel Blue boards in stock and I'm curious.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2018, 06:49:54 AM »

I had one in november, it was really good IMO. Lasted me for a really good amount of time

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had one in november, it was really good IMO. Lasted me for a really good amount of time

Thanks for the input.

I'll give 'em a try if they aren't warped. I had a few Hopps boards a couple years ago I loved, however, 2 of them were warped and too much of a hassle to send back. The un-warped ones were awesome...boards my 200 lb ass couldn't break.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the input.

I'll give 'em a try if they aren't warped. I had a few Hopps boards a couple years ago I loved, however, 2 of them were warped and too much of a hassle to send back. The un-warped ones were awesome...boards my 200 lb ass couldn't break.

I rode one of the ZY Matt reason decks from Chapman recently and loved it. Great shape, lasted forever and kept its pop nice

hey pickle

« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2018, 06:00:36 AM »
anyone know what the deal is with heroin decks in uk/europe? thought heroin were dsm for their non north america boards. wondering as it says made in mexico that its different wood to normal, maybe just for the wordsmith series? or do dsm usually have a made in mexico sticker? i cant keep up. heres a pic of the front bolt holes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2018, 07:03:40 AM »
Noticed some toy machine logo but not necessarily price point w made in USA......Watson?

hey pickle

« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2018, 07:23:15 AM »
thanks man, makes sense. i dont mind dsm but bbs is preferable so thats cool

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »
Anyone skate an Evisen recently?

Found out one of my locals carries Palace and Evisen, so I'm curious about either one. They typical DSM concave and shit?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2018, 05:29:42 PM »

Found out one of my locals carries Palace and Evisen, so I'm curious about either one. They typical DSM concave and shit?

apparently so ... I really should give them some love actually

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MC3

• "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
I don't really know much about how price points and stuff work, but isn't it usually like cheaper wood? I just gota a habitat price point and the shape is so good. Is it PS Stix or some other wood?
(Cool Trick GIF)

micky682

« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2018, 08:57:48 AM »
Anyone riding the new Crailtap wood? Really like the look of the Skiduls shape.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
I don't really know much about how price points and stuff work, but isn't it usually like cheaper wood? I just gota a habitat price point and the shape is so good. Is it PS Stix or some other wood?

If it is PS, it will say on the top with an engraving that looks something like:

PS# xxxxxxxxx

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
Anyone know the deal with Unified? Are they a woodshop? Printer? Anyone ever shop with them?
https://www.instagram.com/unifiedskatesupply/

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
Noticed some toy machine logo but not necessarily price point w made in USA......Watson?
i believe this is the new stamp Watson is using

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
Anyone riding the new Crailtap wood? Really like the look of the Skiduls shape.

I'm skating one now and it feels very slightly lighter and thinner, but otherwise appears to be of similar quality. I  was debating whether or not I like the old or new wood better because I have one of each setup, but I decided to not care and they have different trucks and wheels anyways. They are fine for me and I love the shape and they are on sale all the time, but if you didn't like them before I doubt you will now.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2018, 11:51:00 PM »
I don't think PS does price point stuff...and I think habitat is still generator usually...maybe price
Point China?

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #289 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:20 PM »
Probably been discussed some pages back but does anyone know about 917?  Last I heard it was PS Stix and I just want to make sure they aren't the shapes that taper over the back truck(ie an 8.5 over the front truck and an 8.3ish over the back truck).  My local doesn't stock them.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Smartass

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #290 on: June 02, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
apparently so ... I really should give them some love actually

Quick update for you Imp, so yeah mine has a really mellow concave. Almost flat even. Nose and Tail tend to be a little more square compared normal decks. Short af wheel base for an 8.38, I believe it was a about 14.15ish.

So far I’m liking it though. Didn’t think I would like the flatness of it, but the shape and wheelbase are helping me adjust.

micky682

« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:19 AM »
Probably been discussed some pages back but does anyone know about 917?  Last I heard it was PS Stix and I just want to make sure they aren't the shapes that taper over the back truck(ie an 8.5 over the front truck and an 8.3ish over the back truck).  My local doesn't stock them.
BBS/Generator wood. Big nose and tail, not like PS standard shapes.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2018, 07:36:17 AM »
So I finally got a Hotel Blue board (Chapman) and after a week of riding it, I fucking love it. I'm sticking with Chapman for a while.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2018, 07:49:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks Micky! Hyped to try one.
All you got is today, get out and skate.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2018, 08:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thanks Micky! Hyped to try one.

Saw a few at my local shop and seeing how everyone of them was slightly warped, I was sure they were PS Stix

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2018, 05:37:53 PM »
Quick update for you Imp, so yeah mine has a really mellow concave. Almost flat even. Nose and Tail tend to be a little more square compared normal decks. Short af wheel base for an 8.38, I believe it was a about 14.15ish.

So far I’m liking it though. Didn’t think I would like the flatness of it, but the shape and wheelbase are helping me adjust.
nice, cheers for that! Yeah, they either have flat concave or super steep concave by the looks of it. A Japanese site that completely nerds out on board shapes etc. says they mellow ones are just like Enjoy mellow concave which I've never tried. Anyway, those dimensions actually sound really fun for a 8.38 ... might have to check one out. The Northern Co. I'm riding at the moment is surprisingly flat and I'm still not sure whether I dig it or not

Smartass

« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2018, 09:52:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
nice, cheers for that! Yeah, they either have flat concave or super steep concave by the looks of it. A Japanese site that completely nerds out on board shapes etc. says they mellow ones are just like Enjoy mellow concave which I've never tried. Anyway, those dimensions actually sound really fun for a 8.38 ... might have to check one out. The Northern Co. I'm riding at the moment is surprisingly flat and I'm still not sure whether I dig it or not

Fuck kinda wish I had come across one of the super steep ones, but most of the ones at my local were smaller sizes than I personally would’ve liked to ride.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Fuck kinda wish I had come across one of the super steep ones, but most of the ones at my local were smaller sizes than I personally would’ve liked to ride.

http://r-fskate.com/shopdetail/000000005967/de_evisen/page1/order/
see some pics there! Have no idea what a almost "full press" looks like but I've seen one of these in person and it looked pretty steep! the great thing about this site is they take pics of the board(s) sitting on top of DLX boards for reference
edit: or at least they do in most pics: http://r-fskate.com/shopdetail/000000007903/de_evisen/page1/order/

Fifty8mm

« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »
I can vouch that Scumco uses different workshops. The new drop uses Ps stix(bummer) on the LL cool J Abair deck and another for the new Kyle Nicholson. Which looks amazing in shape and the colors used. The cans pop so good.

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #299 on: June 05, 2018, 02:35:03 AM »
Soooo I know Habitat have changed their shape a fair bit over the years, but can anyone who has had one recently let me know what they're like?

I used to skate them all the time before they went to Tum Yeto and absolutely loved them. However, under Yeto they all seemed really flat and wasn't really keen. I've heard they're now away from there so hopefully back to a deeper shape.

Anyone got the scoop?