Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread  (Read 123940 times)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
Re: Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread
« Reply #300 on: June 05, 2018, 06:47:58 AM »
Soooo I know Habitat have changed their shape a fair bit over the years, but can anyone who has had one recently let me know what they're like?

I used to skate them all the time before they went to Tum Yeto and absolutely loved them. However, under Yeto they all seemed really flat and wasn't really keen. I've heard they're now away from there so hopefully back to a deeper shape.

Anyone got the scoop?

I'm skating Flo Mirtain's board right now (8 x 31.5 wb 14) and it's solid. I guess it's PS stix still even though there was no stamp on top, just a made in mexico sticker. It's definitely not flat, good amount of concave and steep kicks which I like. The only thing that's a little weird is the overall width seems to taper in ever so slightly from nose to tail, but I don't really notice it when I'm actually skating.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2018, 07:03:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Soooo I know Habitat have changed their shape a fair bit over the years, but can anyone who has had one recently let me know what they're like?

I used to skate them all the time before they went to Tum Yeto and absolutely loved them. However, under Yeto they all seemed really flat and wasn't really keen. I've heard they're now away from there so hopefully back to a deeper shape.

Anyone got the scoop?
[close]

I'm skating Flo Mirtain's board right now (8 x 31.5 wb 14) and it's solid. I guess it's PS stix still even though there was no stamp on top, just a made in mexico sticker. It's definitely not flat, good amount of concave and steep kicks which I like. The only thing that's a little weird is the overall width seems to taper in ever so slightly from nose to tail, but I don't really notice it when I'm actually skating.

Yo, thank you for posting this. That graphic is amazing and after hearing this I think I am going to have to buy it even though the WB is a little short for me. Is the bottom ply stained or natural?

There not being a stamp on the top and the fact that they are rejoining AWS makes me wonder if this one is BBS.

baustin

« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyone got the scoop?
[close]

[close]

Yo, thank you for posting this. That graphic is amazing and after hearing this I think I am going to have to buy it even though the WB is a little short for me. Is the bottom ply stained or natural?

There not being a stamp on the top and the fact that they are rejoining AWS makes me wonder if this one is BBS.

Could be BBS, do they also press their boards in Mexico? The bottom ply on mine is stained yellow.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2018, 08:08:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyone got the scoop?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Could be BBS, do they also press their boards in Mexico? The bottom ply on mine is stained yellow.

Yeah, they press them in Mexico as well and just have a sticker, no stamp/etch.

Thanks for the info re: the bottom ply.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2018, 08:47:20 AM »
My guess is it's BBS...they switched shortly after Tum Yeto....isn't the little round Mexico sticker BBS? 

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
^ if there's no ps serial number, it's not ps stix. For habitat and alien, it's a pretty safe bet that it's BBS if it only has the mexico sticker.

baustin

« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2018, 07:13:50 AM »
The latest drop from Habitat is all BBS, and there's no Daryl board  :)

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2018, 07:31:18 AM »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2018, 07:35:46 AM »
Regarding Habitat - that Flo board is BBS pressed.

If it's stamped on the top it's PS Stix, if it's just the sticker it's BBS. The new boards (Paper Skaters and Charley Harper) are BBS.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What is the "about this skateboard" graphic referring to?

I just bought the Selego re-issue hoping for BBS and it's a PS Stix.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2018, 07:50:21 AM »
This image was attached to the Harper series collection of decks which I assume is the lasted drop

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »

What is the "about this skateboard" graphic referring to?

I just bought the Selego re-issue hoping for BBS and it's a PS Stix.

As much as I wanted one of those Exposition reissue, the fact they were PS Stix kept me away.

Regarding that posted graphic above, it was originally designed for PS boards but they are just using it generically for all their releases.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #312 on: June 16, 2018, 02:11:14 AM »
I never really paid attention to who made heroin boards before but finding out they're BBS/Generator makes a lot of sense. I fucking love the shape I'm currently riding, 8.38 Tony Karr Hirotton board. Explains why I thought it felt similar to real boards I'd had in the past

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2018, 05:26:13 AM »
Hey, I haven't ridden a Dwindle deck in 12 years. My local shop has a few Almost decks that are super cheap and a good size/shape?

How disappointed am I going to be if I get one haha?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2018, 07:13:54 AM »
Hey, I haven't ridden a Dwindle deck in 12 years. My local shop has a few Almost decks that are super cheap and a good size/shape?

I had an enjoy r7 Samaria deck back in december and it was great. I currently have another r7 sitting in the stack. I'd say it's on par with my BBS deck I'm currently riding.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had an enjoy r7 Samaria deck back in december and it was great. I currently have another r7 sitting in the stack. I'd say it's on par with my BBS deck I'm currently riding.
Hell yeah! Thanks man!

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
Sorry if this was already covered, but any idea if the Numbers edition 4 decks are ps or bbs?

Specifically looking at the silvas

micky682

« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2018, 08:12:27 AM »
Sorry if this was already covered, but any idea if the Numbers edition 4 decks are ps or bbs?

I asked Emage skate shop in Denver and they said it is Bareback wood. I’m also interested in their boards. Specifically the Guy shape.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2018, 08:33:08 AM »
I assume you guys don't have access to physically see them....they were PS but could easily be BBS/Gen.  If they have PS serial number then...PS...otherwise BBS....

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #319 on: June 19, 2018, 08:57:41 AM »
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but Supreme has been with Generator for a few years now. I think the bling logo was either the last Chapman board or the first Generator board, but don't quote me on that.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2018, 06:39:20 AM »
I assume you guys don't have access to physically see them....they were PS but could easily be BBS/Gen.  If they have PS serial number then...PS...otherwise BBS....
Thx yeah, haven’t been able to track one down in shops near me.
Think I’m going to roll the dice and cop online...I’ll check back in once it arrives if anyone else is curious

Little Debbie

« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Not sure if anyone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but Supreme has been with Generator for a few years now. I think the bling logo was either the last Chapman board or the first Generator board, but don't quote me on that.
thanks but none of us on here are gonna shell out for a Supreme board

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I asked Emage skate shop in Denver and they said it is Bareback wood. I’m also interested in their boards. Specifically the Guy shape.
ive only ever seen bbs numbers decks.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »
One more time.
Can someone explain the difference between BBS and generator? Is one manufacturing and the other distribution?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #324 on: June 20, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »
One more time.
Can someone explain the difference between BBS and generator? Is one manufacturing and the other distribution?

The same thing. Same address.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks but none of us on here are gonna shell out for a Supreme board
There are definitely some weirdos on here that would shell out $200 for a Mike Crum Prime board. I have a hard time believing that nobody on Slap would pay $60 for a Supreme board.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »
Anyone skate a Chapman recently? I am trying to figure out if they measure true to size or if they're slightly smaller than the listing ala PS Stix.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2018, 07:46:46 AM »
Hey did Girl start making their boards somewhere else? I bought 2 shapes, 8.25 and 8.37. This shape was excellent:

The wood also feels much better. Can anyone help identify which G0XX shape this board was?
For Your Health

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »
Hey did Girl start making their boards somewhere else? I bought 2 shapes, 8.25 and 8.37. This shape was excellent:

The wood also feels much better. Can anyone help identify which G0XX shape this board was?

Yup, I believe earlier this year/very late last year they said that they moved over to another manufacturer spot. Still in China, but not DSM from what we've seen in the thread.

MetaldudeX

• Rep: 0
« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
This thread is eye opening. All this time I thought I was trying something “new” but I was skating all BBS wood. 

I’m looking for something different but still good. Any recommendations?