Author Topic: Bam got a DUI  (Read 23041 times)

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
Re: Bam got a DUI
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 04:41:47 PM »
Sadly, a relapse for Bam was pretty obvious to anybody who watched that Epicly Later'd.
Dill back on hard drugs is next.

Total bummer. I really hope for the best for anybody getting sober, but if you have an addiction problem and you still hang with people using, and/or think you can just tough it out on your own without help, and/or you are 'just smoking weed now' or any of that you are gonna relapse for sure.

Hope Bam can get back on track. His comeback was one of the better stories of 2017.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

calvinsdream

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »
Bam’s comeback just felt like an orchestrated cash grab by element, especially after their re release of like what...20 Bam decks or something within a week?

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 02:44:47 PM »
Have feeling this isn't the bottom for Bam. Wishing him the best.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
phil and ape are gonna be pissed!

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
Element sponsoring his rehab?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd1klhQFBiV/?hl=en&taken-by=bam__margera

Probably not but it had to be said.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 09:23:26 PM »
that chick looks pretty good for being beaten up by trujillo

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 01:30:27 AM »
I think that's Bam's mrs?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 04:19:38 AM »
That's Andy Roy's whatever.. probably calls her his "old lady". Nothing is a better omen for rehab than being dropped off by fucking Andy Roy.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 04:31:43 AM »
That's Andy Roy's whatever.. probably calls her his "old lady". Nothing is a better omen for rehab than being dropped off by fucking Andy Roy.
Have feeling this isn't the bottom for Bam. Wishing him the best.
I hope i'm wrong, but if he's still got people take him to rehab & voluntarily stop with him to take smiley pictures outside of it, it's probably not his last visit.
He's got a lot to learn about solitude and not depending on others, I don't think he's strong enough to stand on his own 2. If you are fat too, it means you lack the most basic of disciplines. This is precisely why someone like Kurt Cobain killed themselves, I can totally see why it makes sense.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to grow fat and give your money to rehab centers." - Harvey Dent
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 04:56:27 AM »

Andy Roy lookin' like Popeye over 'ere! His laydeee is pretty hot. (insert I'd hit that joke here).
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 05:03:15 AM »
I don't see him getting full sober, but he's got a kid now, but that might a made him more nervous about life. Plus with the holidays I coulda seent it coming. I think this visit is more of a save face for the court and public thing though. seems like he's a solo drinker so its gonna be tough to fully stop if that's the case. Its easier to get sober with a bud.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 05:13:11 AM »
until he checks in on his own and sobers up for himself, this is pointless.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 05:34:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's sad and I hope BAM can get sober. In his Epicly Later'd they talked about what he was doing to get sober and it didn't yet include AA or professional help. This might be the wake up call to seek that kind of guidance. Best of luck Bam, respect.
[close]
Didn't someone imply that he wasn't doing it the right way.

I hope for Bam he gets the help he needs, and glad he didn't hurt anyone while he was behind the wheel.
[close]

If I remember right that Brandon Novak guy said something about him wanting to be sober for skateboarding and not for himself yet and that that wasn't a sustainable way to do it, or something like that.

I and some other addicts saw no value in own lives, so we had to do it for other people. I did it for my family, my friend did it for his kid.

From the beginning, any motivation is fine. After a while you start doing it for your self. I remember when my mom and dad would get all suspicious when they heard my voice over the phone. I just had a cold but they thought it was dope. I got kind of upset, but understood where they came from. Still I thought " Hey, I want to be sober, regardless".

SOTY

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 05:51:58 AM »
Self-driving cars? As long as they don't become self-aware.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 05:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's sad and I hope BAM can get sober. In his Epicly Later'd they talked about what he was doing to get sober and it didn't yet include AA or professional help. This might be the wake up call to seek that kind of guidance. Best of luck Bam, respect.
[close]

I hope for Bam he gets the help he needs, and glad he didn't hurt anyone while he was behind the wheel.
[close]

If I remember right that Brandon Novak guy said something about him wanting to be sober for skateboarding and not for himself yet and that that wasn't a sustainable way to do it, or something like that.
[close]

I and some other addicts saw no value in own lives, so we had to do it for other people. I did it for my family, my friend did it for his kid.

From the beginning, any motivation is fine. After a while you start doing it for your self. I remember when my mom and dad would get all suspicious when they heard my voice over the phone. I just had a cold but they thought it was dope. I got kind of upset, but understood where they came from. Still I thought " Hey, I want to be sober, regardless".

Props to you, your friends, and Novak who have got out of the woods! Bam's EL, NineClub just screamed "honeymoon period" and even though people have been making $$ off recovery stories for a minute, skateboarding's profiteers fucked up over making some money off this.

It reminds me of a lot of people who enter recovery and get to step 4 and they wanna run to everyone immediately and make amends, then a lil time goes by, not even a year later, they're bored and back to using, and then the insanity cycle repeats: those same people have to hear an apology for an apology. 

If you got a Bam-style problem with alcohol, whatever: you need to remove yourself from that setting. Especially people who know/enable you. If I was him, and survival was really important, I'd do that young Bruce Wayne shit: divorce that enabling wife of his, move to fuckin Cambodia with nothing in my pockets, and get a measly existence at a job that's physically exhausting, skating only at shitty parks, once the weight drops off. It takes 7 years to completely change cell structure, about that time, his son will be ready to be with him, the real him. He could silently come back to PA, scoop up his son, and journey into the sunset, un-celebrated but totally intact and healthy.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:57:30 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »

scaryghoul

• Rep: -8
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
I would be doing that young bruce wang shit if i had the money :-[

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

I was in rehab with a guy who played in a band called...3rd Strike, I think? His label paid for his place in rehab. In fact, the music industry has all kinds of funds and stuff in place for helping out musicians because they're so prone to turning into big messes.

I wonder if there are similar things in place with skate companies, particularly those with money behind them like Element.

Frog Skateboards, too. I could see Frog having a huge drug rehab fund going on.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Props to you, your friends, and Novak who have got out of the woods! Bam's EL, NineClub just screamed "honeymoon period" and even though people have been making $$ off recovery stories for a minute, skateboarding's profiteers fucked up over making some money off this.

It reminds me of a lot of people who enter recovery and get to step 4 and they wanna run to everyone immediately and make amends, then a lil time goes by, not even a year later, they're bored and back to using, and then the insanity cycle repeats: those same people have to hear an apology for an apology. 

If you got a Bam-style problem with alcohol, whatever: you need to remove yourself from that setting. Especially people who know/enable you. If I was him, and survival was really important, I'd do that young Bruce Wayne shit: divorce that enabling wife of his, move to fuckin Cambodia with nothing in my pockets, and get a measly existence at a job that's physically exhausting, skating only at shitty parks, once the weight drops off. It takes 7 years to completely change cell structure, about that time, his son will be ready to be with him, the real him. He could silently come back to PA, scoop up his son, and journey into the sunset, un-celebrated but totally intact and healthy.

One of my favourite slap posts.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:18 AM »
He wasn't going to start drinking again, just a bad night. He has to get in rehab only for the dui and stupid ass social media. Everybody starts to sound like tmz reporters nowadays.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »
that chick looks pretty good for being beaten up by trujillo

hahaha

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
He wasn't going to start drinking again, just a bad night. He has to get in rehab only for the dui and stupid ass social media. Everybody starts to sound like tmz reporters nowadays.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »

I mean he has been drinking. I'm pretty sure when the skate shops around here premiered his epicly laterd he was drinking then. I know for a fact whenever Jamie Thomas did like an east coast tour with the zero team and went to Bams house that Bam was drinking and this was maybe a little before his epicly laterd aired. Saw it on Dane's instagram story. Sad part was that people seemed to egg him on to drink and I would have thought at least Jamie would tell him its not a good idea.

He's a rockstar. People want to see fuck up Bam. His friends suck 

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWRUKAd0qY

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »

LOL this is the most perfect sober nonsense thing i've ever read. i love it. don't ever stop being insane. you psycho narcissists are amazing.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 04:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHWRUKAd0qY

I was gonna say something about that lol. Having a "bad night" is the oldest excuse in the book.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 11:42:20 PM »
Well maybe he had 5 beers or maybe it was 50 but who really knows. Meanwhile what i'm reading here sounds like fucking tmz reporters.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »
Well maybe he had 5 beers or maybe it was 50 but who really knows. Meanwhile what i'm reading here sounds like fucking tmz reporters.
While I also do work within the Three Mile Zone, the OP is a link to a TMZ report, and I'm butthurt.

As a dude who's spent time in rehab, as a dude who believed in Bam more than I should have. My old social circle/I did exactly what i'm talking about. I haven't spoke to friends or family since 2007 and I'm alive and well because of it. Cambodia probably wouldn't be a good move for anyone. I speak from experience when I say life gets boring and mistakes can be made, and once your word is garbage, what good is your presence?

I do wonder how many chances Bam will continue to get, from karma, God(s), da Police, whatever.
But know this: whoever gives him a fifth on Insta is the enemy, for lack of a better word.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2018, 05:02:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was in rehab with a guy who played in a band called...3rd Strike, I think? His label paid for his place in rehab. In fact, the music industry has all kinds of funds and stuff in place for helping out musicians because they're so prone to turning into big messes.

I wonder if there are similar things in place with skate companies, particularly those with money behind them like Element.

Frog Skateboards, too. I could see Frog having a huge drug rehab fund going on.

Yes. In music it's something through the org that runs the Grammys.  I was in rehab with two dudes from different bands who were getting it paid for by this group.  Pretty solid effort.  Both bands had stuff out and played shows, but they weren't U2 or Coldplay or something. 

I doubt many skate brands have the money/are down for their riders enough to do this.  Maybe Element, Crail (not that they seem flush with cash, but they seem down for the team), Baker, some shoe companies...  I could see a lot of companies just dropping someone if their use became too much of a liability. 

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

One of my favourite slap posts.

this fucking guy using his other account to like his other accounts posts blatantly

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2018, 08:27:37 AM »
Little off topic, Andy is The Godfather? When Bam (hopefully never) dies from alcohol his kid is going to a dude who's not even allowed to see his own kid?

Never even seen them together in any capacity. Was Andy in any Jackass? I found it weird they're that close. I wouldn't have thought Bam and Andy were such homies.

Agreed the picture is fucking wack.. They feel so good being pictured "taking Bam to rehab"