Author Topic: Bam got a DUI  (Read 23039 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Re: Bam got a DUI
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:28 AM »
It still baffles me that anyone actually wants to hang out with Andy Roy.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 30
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »
Little off topic, Andy is The Godfather? When Bam (hopefully never) dies from alcohol his kid is going to a dude who's not even allowed to see his own kid?

Never even seen them together in any capacity. Was Andy in any Jackass? I found it weird they're that close. I wouldn't have thought Bam and Andy were such homies.

Agreed the picture is fucking wack.. They feel so good being pictured "taking Bam to rehab"

bam and andy just became friends like last month and moved in with him and his girlfriend in sf, along with his wife and son now.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2018, 09:28:10 AM »
  I think it'd be rad if Andy started a company with coat tail money from Bam.  It would flip the script and compete with deluxe.  He may as well make a stab for it cause he's got bills to pay im sure.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Little off topic, Andy is The Godfather? When Bam (hopefully never) dies from alcohol his kid is going to a dude who's not even allowed to see his own kid?

Never even seen them together in any capacity. Was Andy in any Jackass? I found it weird they're that close. I wouldn't have thought Bam and Andy were such homies.

Agreed the picture is fucking wack.. They feel so good being pictured "taking Bam to rehab"
[close]

bam and andy just became friends like last month and moved in with him and his girlfriend in sf, along with his wife and son now.

Jesus Christ really? He could have had Raab or Dico or some other settled-down old homie he's known forever be the Godfather... C'mon Bam

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »
Go Andy!

SOTY

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
Imagine SLAP's reaction if MJ got a DUI.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Jesus Christ really? He could have had Raab or Dico or some other settled-down old homie he's known forever be the Godfather... C'mon Bam

One of the sadder vibes I got from Bam's Epicly Laterd and Nine Club is that crew growing apart.  I can get it though, and I get Bam not wanting to inject his celebrity status into their lives.  It sucks.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »
Explains why he went to rehab, hopefully after this stint he can pull it together, im rooting for him. It was clear after the vice stuff and the nine club stuff he was still drinking even though he was claiming to be sober, hell his instagram posts clearly had him at bars with beers in front of him, he wasnt ready to stop drinking completely, i think thats the hardest part, thinking he can control his drinking when clearly he cant.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2018, 10:41:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's sad and I hope BAM can get sober. In his Epicly Later'd they talked about what he was doing to get sober and it didn't yet include AA or professional help. This might be the wake up call to seek that kind of guidance. Best of luck Bam, respect.
[close]
Didn't someone imply that he wasn't doing it the right way.

I hope for Bam he gets the help he needs, and glad he didn't hurt anyone while he was behind the wheel.
[close]

If I remember right that Brandon Novak guy said something about him wanting to be sober for skateboarding and not for himself yet and that that wasn't a sustainable way to do it, or something like that.
[close]

I and some other addicts saw no value in own lives, so we had to do it for other people. I did it for my family, my friend did it for his kid.

From the beginning, any motivation is fine. After a while you start doing it for your self. I remember when my mom and dad would get all suspicious when they heard my voice over the phone. I just had a cold but they thought it was dope. I got kind of upset, but understood where they came from. Still I thought " Hey, I want to be sober, regardless".

[close]

Props to you, your friends, and Novak who have got out of the woods! Bam's EL, NineClub just screamed "honeymoon period" and even though people have been making $$ off recovery stories for a minute, skateboarding's profiteers fucked up over making some money off this.

It reminds me of a lot of people who enter recovery and get to step 4 and they wanna run to everyone immediately and make amends, then a lil time goes by, not even a year later, they're bored and back to using, and then the insanity cycle repeats: those same people have to hear an apology for an apology. 

If you got a Bam-style problem with alcohol, whatever: you need to remove yourself from that setting. Especially people who know/enable you. If I was him, and survival was really important, I'd do that young Bruce Wayne shit: divorce that enabling wife of his, move to fuckin Cambodia with nothing in my pockets, and get a measly existence at a job that's physically exhausting, skating only at shitty parks, once the weight drops off. It takes 7 years to completely change cell structure, about that time, his son will be ready to be with him, the real him. He could silently come back to PA, scoop up his son, and journey into the sunset, un-celebrated but totally intact and healthy.
[close]

One of my favourite slap posts.
[close]

this fucking guy using his other account to like his other accounts posts blatantly

Haha

shark tits

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
clearly andy is manipulating bam's mind. hopefully rehab straightens bam out before andy has sex w/ bam in an uncomfortable position [like the back of a VW bug].
this is also like an episode of shameless when frank gallagher was rewarded w/ a rich and beautiful dr who was dying and she sugar mama'd him til walking into the ocean.
bam is that beautiful rich dr and andy roy is patriarch of the gallaghers. the gfs are both fiona?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

All a godparent is is a sponsor of baptism, it has no legal designation whatsoever and nobody would give a baby to Andy Roy.

SOTY

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2018, 12:17:49 PM »

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2018, 03:48:30 PM »
^^^ Hahahahahah

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2018, 04:13:40 PM »
  I think it'd be rad if Andy started a company with coat tail money from Bam.  It would flip the script and compete with deluxe.  He may as well make a stab for it cause he's got bills to pay im sure.

Worst idea ever. I can't see Andy competent enough to have a debit card with his name on it, let alone run a business.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Worst idea ever. I can't see Andy competent enough to have a debit card with his name on it, let alone run a business.
  Too bad.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »
I remember when Andy got out of prison last time and he had a Thrasher interview and stted he had a hit list and Lizard King was on it. Did the Andy Roy ever finish the hit?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

shark tits

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »
I remember when Andy got out of prison last time and he had a Thrasher interview and stted he had a hit list and Lizard King was on it. Did the Andy Roy ever finish the hit?
no, greco was on the list too but alas, andy was singing it not bringing it.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2018, 05:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no, greco was on the list too but alas, andy was singing it not bringing it.

I think greco would fuck up the Andy Roy. The Andy Roy would be like punching a rotten apple.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2018, 08:02:56 PM »
clearly andy is manipulating bam's mind. hopefully rehab straightens bam out before andy has sex w/ bam in an uncomfortable position [like the back of a VW bug].
this is also like an episode of shameless when frank gallagher was rewarded w/ a rich and beautiful dr who was dying and she sugar mama'd him til walking into the ocean.
bam is that beautiful rich dr and andy roy is patriarch of the gallaghers. the gfs are both fiona?

Huge points for dropping a shameless episode, love that show.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:05:13 PM by Dr-Feelgood »

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

mattdookie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2018, 03:52:53 AM »
The fact that people think AA would help bam. That jesus wanking circle that only 5-8% of people become sober out of ain't effective at all. Shit teaches you that addiction is a disease and that you are an addict and won't ever be able to drink again. Lol.

Addiction is nothing but a result of underlying issues and for bam it seems that it's probably emotional shit weighing on his shoulders and if he's not going to accept and push forward through those things he'll never be able to drink responsibly. I know "addicts" that learned to responsibly use and this was on their own way after that AA bullshit which helps put the whole "i'm an addict and it's a disease" shit in people's heads which makes so many relapse over and over on the thought that "hey i'm sick. i'm an addict. i can't help it. it's a disease/disorder. it's in my genes. it's forever".

Fact is bam is at the stage where he doesn't want to take responsibility or deal with his demons and struggles and professional help and/or AA won't change that. It's all on him. You can give some all the help in the world but until they decide they want to change it's a waste of time. He wants to drink. He'll continue to drink.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2018, 05:42:21 AM »
The fact that people think AA would help bam. That jesus wanking circle that only 5-8% of people become sober out of ain't effective at all. Shit teaches you that addiction is a disease and that you are an addict and won't ever be able to drink again. Lol.

Addiction is nothing but a result of underlying issues and for bam it seems that it's probably emotional shit weighing on his shoulders and if he's not going to accept and push forward through those things he'll never be able to drink responsibly. I know "addicts" that learned to responsibly use and this was on their own way after that AA bullshit which helps put the whole "i'm an addict and it's a disease" shit in people's heads which makes so many relapse over and over on the thought that "hey i'm sick. i'm an addict. i can't help it. it's a disease/disorder. it's in my genes. it's forever".

Fact is bam is at the stage where he doesn't want to take responsibility or deal with his demons and struggles and professional help and/or AA won't change that. It's all on him. You can give some all the help in the world but until they decide they want to change it's a waste of time. He wants to drink. He'll continue to drink.

Are you listening to morons or did you actually read the AA litterature? It's from 1930's, you know? Not all people are brainwashed in AA, although prenty of idiots go there.

mattdookie

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2018, 06:28:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you listening to morons or did you actually read the AA litterature? It's from 1930's, you know? Not all people are brainwashed in AA, although prenty of idiots go there.

Didn't listen to morons. Ask less broad questions. Regardless AA has been proven repeatedly to be mostly ineffective at helping so called "addicts" lol. The spirituality and disease bullshit automatically makes AA a joke.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:33:35 AM by mattdookie »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2018, 06:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Didn't listen to morons. Ask less broad questions. Regardless AA has been proven repeatedly to be mostly ineffective at helping so called "addicts" lol. 

Would love to know your sources or how you came up with all this information

mattdookie

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2018, 06:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Didn't listen to morons. Ask less broad questions. Regardless AA has been proven repeatedly to be mostly ineffective at helping so called "addicts" lol. 
[close]

Would love to know your sources or how you came up with all this information

Google alcoholics anonymous effectiveness. Various peer review studies have found it to range from 5-15%. Internal studies claim over 30 percent but their studies are severely flawed and have been broken down in the non biased studies. Internal studies pad their statistics and don't accurately verify results to duh keep their funding.

Here's an article https://www.salon.com/2014/03/23/the_pseudo_science_of_alcoholics_anonymous_theres_a_better_way_to_treat_addiction/

And an important statistic as to why they pad their internal studies: "Every year, our state and federal governments spend over $15 billion on substance-abuse treatment for addicts, the vast majority of which are based on 12-step programs."

I was put in Substance Abuse meetings after getting a weed charge at 16 and had to follow the 12 step program there lol. That's what our government pays for some religious founded bullshit where a lot of the money goes to churches and their AA groups. The more ya know!

And I wanna add it's great that it helps some people even if it's a small group. But I believe those people did it on their own. Maybe AA helped direct them down a path but it's still a faulty program and mostly bullshit. No different than the methadone clinics.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:48:21 AM by mattdookie »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2018, 06:55:19 AM »
I'm not saying I don't agree with many of the points about AA... but what would be a realistic number for success when dealing with addicts?

It seems like a population that will inevitably not have a good success/recovery rate regardless of treatment method.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

shark tits

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2018, 06:56:29 AM »
yo, not to discount what's working for anyone else but mattdookie is right.
i think the idea that it's a disease is disempowering. you're not powerless over drugs/alcohol, you're continuing to choose it.
i'm uncomfortable in groups and i don't like conformity or patting myself on the back for not doing something bad. like what if it were rapists anonymous? 'i haven't assaulted a woman in 20 days'.
well, good for you but that's not 'good' it's what you're sposedta do.
if AA works for you, run w/ it. i feel like there's a lot more successful people who jsut quit but we're isolated and don't have an agenda to push so our voices are muted.
the only thing i wish i was on AA for is confirmation. otherwise it's just your word and addicts are liars.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2018, 07:05:03 AM »
"Although AA has been criticized by some sources for having a low success rate, the rate isn’t 5 percent like it’s estimated by some to be. Dr. Drew Pinsky figured the success rate is slightly higher, between 8 percent and 12 percent. The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) states about 10 percent of individuals who join a 12-Step program recover. However, The New York Times suggests Alcoholics Anonymous has a much higher success rating of approximately 75 percent. Alcoholics Anonymous’ Big Book touts about a 50-percent success rate, stating that another 25 percent who relapse come back and only 25 percent don’t remain sober. The organization suggests these individuals don’t use AA effectively."

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/rehab-guide/12-step/whats-the-success-rate-of-aa/

I found that source. Not saying you're wrong or I'm right, just saying AA works with everyone differently

You don't need religion for AA, you just have to admit you aren't the center of the universe

Saying addiction isn't a disease though is the equivalent of saying All lives matter. Especially with you saying you only went there for weed

mattdookie

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:54 AM »
yo, not to discount what's working for anyone else but mattdookie is right.
i think the idea that it's a disease is disempowering. you're not powerless over drugs/alcohol, you're continuing to choose it.
i'm uncomfortable in groups and i don't like conformity or patting myself on the back for not doing something bad. like what if it were rapists anonymous? 'i haven't assaulted a woman in 20 days'.
well, good for you but that's not 'good' it's what you're sposedta do.
if AA works for you, run w/ it. i feel like there's a lot more successful people who jsut quit but we're isolated and don't have an agenda to push so our voices are muted.
the only thing i wish i was on AA for is confirmation. otherwise it's just your word and addicts are liars.

One of my main points^^^ The disease theory is just that a "theory" that only 25% of physicians believe and 80% of AA goons believe.

Also I agree for me personally fuck group shit I've been in a psych unit for a week when I was only 14 and I was forced to be in and speak in group therapy. It fucked me up worse and made me wanted to off myself once I got out.

I'm not saying I don't agree with many of the points about AA... but what would be a realistic number for success when dealing with addicts?

It seems like a population that will inevitably not have a good success/recovery rate regardless of treatment method.

I agree the success rate couldn't be high with any treatment method probably. I think mostly because there is no means or possibility for a fix. I meet so many "addicts" that just have dreams that are unachievable like going to college but they're poor or homeless and people somehow still wonder why they're "addicts". I don't know what the fix is but AA isn't usually.

I kinda think if an "addict" wants to be an "addict" and doesn't have many other options then let em. If they want help they'll seek it but some realize if the step out of that pit it's only one ladder rung higher and the ceiling is above that and that ain't much to work towards.

mattdookie

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2018, 07:15:18 AM »
"Although AA has been criticized by some sources for having a low success rate, the rate isn’t 5 percent like it’s estimated by some to be. Dr. Drew Pinsky figured the success rate is slightly higher, between 8 percent and 12 percent. The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) states about 10 percent of individuals who join a 12-Step program recover. However, The New York Times suggests Alcoholics Anonymous has a much higher success rating of approximately 75 percent. Alcoholics Anonymous’ Big Book touts about a 50-percent success rate, stating that another 25 percent who relapse come back and only 25 percent don’t remain sober. The organization suggests these individuals don’t use AA effectively."

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/rehab-guide/12-step/whats-the-success-rate-of-aa/

I found that source. Not saying you're wrong or I'm right, just saying AA works with everyone differently

You don't need religion for AA, you just have to admit you aren't the center of the universe

Saying addiction isn't a disease though is the equivalent of saying All lives matter. Especially with you saying you only went there for weed

I agree that it works for everyone differently. Those success ratings again just prove that AA touts false statistics.

Also the disease theory is nothing but that a "theory".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease_theory_of_alcoholism

One study found that only 25 percent of physicians believed that alcoholism is a disease. The majority believed alcoholism to be a social or psychological problem instead of a disease.[57]

A survey of physicians at an annual conference of the International Doctors in Alcoholics Anonymous reported that 80 percent believe that alcoholism is merely bad behavior instead of a disease.[58]

Wow go figure that doctors with ties to AA believe in it so much more. Follow the money!

Guessing you believe obesity is a disease too when for some reason it's so much more prevalent in america.

Also me going for weed was a haha at the system but I've abused drugs and learned how to not by choice so your devaluing of the situation is just plain gross. All lives matter is a joke and not comparable by any means but good try to group me in and generalize someone! Makes ya sound like you'd be with that movement!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:20:28 AM by mattdookie »

SOTY

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »
I'm sure being in the company of others trying to achieve the same thing can be super helpful to some. However, I completely disagree that drinking and doing drugs is a "disease" and that you'd need to submit to a Higher Power to be cured.

Fuck a cult. Just like making bread, there are millions of ways to get sober.