Author Topic: "El Camino" new GX100 video  (Read 9441 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "El Camino" new GX100 video
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
back 180 was so fucked up, cant believe how fast he was going into it.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 02:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Incredible as always, but the slo-mo parts felt out of place. Kinda Strobek-y. Has Ryan ever done slo-mo's? Not like it ruined it but the lack of fancy edits and slow-mo is my favorite thing about these dudes/Ryan.

And please never go HD
[close]

g has been filming the cons video. Spotted him with a hpx/extreme set up. Fuck it who cares. Dude its one of the best filmers out. I am kinda excited to see what he can do with that hd set up

Oh I would imagine he'd use HD for Cons, they'd probably make him, but as for the GX posse, stay VX

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »
Garshell's been filming for the Cons video, so I can only assume that any Al Davis, DeLa, or #JkJhnsn footage is going there. Not sure where Yonnie's been, but I do miss seeing that original line-up in GX episodes, as gnarly as some of these new dudes are -- big Sean Greene and Taylor Nida fan over here.
If you look at the genuine first ones, the crew is almost entirely different. If I'm not confused, I don't think Al Davis or Jake are even in the first few.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 03:10:08 PM »
gershall had an interview in Thrasher sometime last year and he said that it's not a solidified crew, it's just whoever he's skating and filming with that down for GX--which is sick. But yeah, just missing certain eras and want to see more footage is all!

Makes sense about those dudes filming for Cons. I too am excited to see what/how he will do with the HD format.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Tedd

• Rep: -14
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
Is Sean Greene clinically insane? He should get diagnosed

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 04:37:39 PM »
I could see a shared part in the cons video with jake, al davis and delatorre with cameos from other dudes in the gx crew.
I assume yonnie has mostly been staying in LA and skating with crailtap peeps

IHOP

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
That bs 180 must be one of gnarliest things ever done on a board.

OK relax.

Odd to me that this seemed to be correlated to the GX cons shoe, but the guys who are fully on cons (jj, al, dela) wernt in it at all.  Excited to see the converse video and ryans hd footage.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »
not Al Davis; Jamal Gibbs.

Loved the Lavar/Jovantae haircut he had going on

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »
sent my maggot ass to the essence

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
I could see a shared part in the cons video with jake, al davis and delatorre with cameos from other dudes in the gx crew.

I dunno yonnie seems like he's been with them a good amount still bombing hills in sf, at least from his IG stories

WorstCaseOntario

• Rep: -34
  • what comes around is all around
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
pretty sick video, wish al davis was in it tho
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 06:59:45 PM by WorstCaseOntario »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno yonnie seems like he's been with them a good amount still bombing hills in sf, at least from his IG stories

I've seen Yonnie out skating the city a few times lately, so at minimum, he's going back and forth, if not just being in the city

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »
Sean Greene better be in the Cons video. If I have to watch Sean Pablo instead I think I'll boycott Cons.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
Sean Greene better be in the Cons video. If I have to watch Sean Pablo instead I think I'll boycott Cons.
Hilarious polar opposite comparison

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2018, 10:47:58 PM »

yea... sp def has a part.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And his skating will be graceful and delicate yet powerful, like the swan he is. His point is that Sean Greene is more innovative and fun to watch and shouldn't be overlooked.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2018, 06:01:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And his skating will be graceful and delicate yet powerful, like the swan he is. His point is that Sean Greene is more innovative and fun to watch and shouldn't be overlooked.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't know if I'd get my hopes up like that for an underground hero's inclusion in a big-box video.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't know if I'd get my hopes up like that for an underground hero's inclusion in a big-box video.
I hear you, which loops back around to my original point, which is, why haven't these guys all had success with major sponsors? I stand by the fact that there should be a fucking feeding frenzy for these guys by sponsors- ESPECIALLY if the supreme kids are big names

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2018, 09:13:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I hear you, which loops back around to my original point, which is, why haven't these guys all had success with major sponsors? I stand by the fact that there should be a fucking feeding frenzy for these guys by sponsors- ESPECIALLY if the supreme kids are big names

Why hasn’t Deluxe out of all places either?  I kinda wish Real would trim the fat and rebuild around being a sick SF company again.  Keep Ishod and put all the midwesterners and contest kids on some 3rd company

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2018, 09:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Why hasn’t Deluxe out of all places either?  I kinda wish Real would trim the fat and rebuild around being a sick SF company again.  Keep Ishod and put all the midwesterners and contest kids on some 3rd company
I back this idea 100%

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2018, 09:23:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

What’s kinda interesting is I think pspliff and Sean Greene might be supreme kids now. Always have stickers on their board, Sean posts him wearing supreme stuff, and strobeck is posting footage of them here and there

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2018, 09:36:09 AM »
That is true, isn't it? Definitely been seeing P Spliff on Fat Bill's insta. Though that doesn't make him a supreme kid necessarily...

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2018, 09:51:25 AM »
I think they could have just been hooked up with the Indy collab, but they’ve also been wearing some other stuff. Just kinda reminds me of the way they put the blobys and rowan on.
Plus with the amount of money supreme has now, that rumored SF location could soon be a reality

IHOP

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2018, 10:58:06 AM »
wernt some of the dlx guys bummed on gx for doing the grewer hill bomb, as if trying to take him out.  probably more to it but heard that a few times around that time.

its too late for Real but yea they really should have figured that out before it became the energy drink/contest company.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2018, 11:00:33 AM »
That is true, isn't it? Definitely been seeing P Spliff on Fat Bill's insta. Though that doesn't make him a supreme kid necessarily...

They were featured in the Indy collab, but that’s all I know.   I’d guess a Supreme SF store will be imminent and they would get hooked up then.   Garshell can be the local kid wrangler Stobeck was

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2018, 11:59:22 AM »

correct about them on bills insta. But who knows, who even knows who's on "supreme". the long debate.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2018, 01:40:58 PM »
how the fuck did i miss this?

and that speed some of them skate at is just insane

SOTY

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
This video makes me want to take risks. No higher praise.