Author Topic: The SLAP Folklore thread  (Read 19925 times)

SOTY

The SLAP Folklore thread
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:57:35 PM »
Bobby Peru wants a SLAP Epicly Later'd.
I'm going to get selfish here and say history of SLAP - Dawes, Morford, Whiteley, Brook, etc with a bit about the forum at the end
Fuck that, you guys know what happened. This thread is for anything that involves or pertains to the Universe of SLAP. Honestly, I would do this myself but the search engine isn't exactly user-friendly. I've got a few questions:

-What are the rules on here? I can't find them anywhere yet I've seen users get banned.
-How did "off" become "of"?
-Who is the oldest active member? (at least 1 post/week 8))
-Tracer: what made him so villainous?
-Who is unnamed Euro TM?
-How do you SLAP?
-Which pros came on here to silence the haters?
-Where's bawtawd?
-Does this thread already exist?
Etc.?

This is where we SLAP about SLAP. Truth only, please.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:03:04 PM by SOTY »

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
Re: The SLAP Folklore thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:32 PM »
“Off” became “of” 14-14 years ago. It was a thread titled “Gino of Chocolate”. My selective memory has the joke mostly being centered around Gino being made of chocolate
fuck you bama

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »
Can't answer all your questions, but:

I don't know if there's a list of rules anymore, but just don't act like an asshole and you'll be fine.
Stuff like repeated rape threats, and posting personal info about other posters will probably get you banned.
Pussy white-supremacists are still allowed to post here though, for some reason...

Jayme Fortune, Jamie Thomas, Henry Sanchez, Josh Kalis, Ted DeGros, Alex Chalmers, and Anthony Shetler have posted on here. Maybe Kelch too? And probably some others I'm forgetting.

The "of" comes from a thread title about Gino from like 2004, where "off" and "Chocolate" were both misspelled.

Tracer is just a kook who was always overly-confident with how dumb he is.

I SLAP drunk.

Bawtawd is doing research chemicals in his mom's garage.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:44 PM »

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:57:26 PM »
fred gall.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:04:50 PM »
Right around the time I joined I heard about an incident where someone got on here to talk shit and a poster knew his location and went to his house to confront him. I believe it was about Jamie Tancowny? that was probably the best story I've heard here.

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »
There would have to be interviews with Brooklyn Brawler, Rawb, COTG, tony hox cox, Vicky, etc.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 10:49:03 PM »
Right around the time I joined I heard about an incident where someone got on here to talk shit and a poster knew his location and went to his house to confront him. I believe it was about Jamie Tancowny? that was probably the best story I've heard here.

Classic. Too bad it involved mental health problems. Real mental health problems.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 03:49:14 AM »
Emanuel Guzman and Karl Watson both were on here.
Karl was here for a while

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 05:41:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Classic. Too bad it involved mental health problems. Real mental health problems.

Yeah that thread a pretty hectic one, the dude's name is slipping my mind...I remember he had a part where for the first half he dressed like cliche 2003 Canadian, Tall tees, Circas, etc and then halfway through the part took a full 180 and was all black jeans, medium shirt, black shoes. Like a totally different skater, in dress and their skating itself.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 06:21:29 AM »
There would have to be interviews with Brooklyn Brawler, Rawb, COTG, tony hox cox, Vicky, etc.
It seems like whatever went down with "Vicky" was prettty crazy and no one will speak of the infamous "Vicky story" but fair enough if its a life-ruining kinda thing still curious though, I have seen what may be hints it may have involved puke and strippers

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 07:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It seems like whatever went down with "Vicky" was prettty crazy and no one will speak of the infamous "Vicky story" but fair enough if its a life-ruining kinda thing still curious though, I have seen what may be hints it may have involved puke and strippers

Unless there's more than one Vicky story, the one I'm familiar with directly involves her and a fellow poster. It's still here in some form if you dig around...
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 07:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah that thread a pretty hectic one, the dude's name is slipping my mind...I remember he had a part where for the first half he dressed like cliche 2003 Canadian, Tall tees, Circas, etc and then halfway through the part took a full 180 and was all black jeans, medium shirt, black shoes. Like a totally different skater, in dress and their skating itself.

this Kyle Robinson dude?

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=55975.0

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

this Kyle Robinson dude?

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=55975.0

it's like reading redacted classified UFO military reports. Some AMAZING toilet reading. My legs went to sleep. Anyone know where to find the Vicky story?

I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 08:14:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Unless there's more than one Vicky story, the one I'm familiar with directly involves her and a fellow poster. It's still here in some form if you dig around...

I knew Vicky before I ever came on here and I too am interested.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I knew Vicky before I ever came on here and I too am interested.

I can remember most of it, but Slap Illuminati is always watching and I'm pretty sure people have been banned in the past for posting it. Is there a statue of limitations on this stuff?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 09:10:48 AM »
It was a pretty tasteless kiss-and-tell by some dude named Sectechrome (?) That said, it was hilarious. I think Brooklyn Brawler and some other mods were butthurt about it on some special interest white knight shit. Some guy had it as his signature for a while.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 09:11:09 AM »
What went down with briden? I used to talk to him every so often on an ea skate forum but never got why he left/got banned.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:14 AM »
Can't answer all your questions, but:

I don't know if there's a list of rules anymore, but just don't act like an asshole and you'll be fine.
Stuff like repeated rape threats, and posting personal info about other posters will probably get you banned.
Pussy white-supremacists are still allowed to post here though, for some reason...

Jayme Fortune, Jamie Thomas, Henry Sanchez, Josh Kalis, Ted DeGros, Alex Chalmers, and Anthony Shetler have posted on here. Maybe Kelch too? And probably some others I'm forgetting.

The "of" comes from a thread title about Gino from like 2004, where "off" and "Chocolate" were both misspelled.

Tracer is just a kook who was always overly-confident with how dumb he is.

I SLAP drunk.

Bawtawd is doing research chemicals in his mom's garage.

What did Chalmers have to say?

Shetler's appearance was really funny because he just kept telling kids to kill themselves because they were trying to discuss business with him, but on his podcast he presents himself as a super positive guy. The Internet really does bring the worst out of folks.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
Richie Jackson told people to kill themselves in clever ways

Grind King Rims

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »
IIRC

Chalmers was mostly posting to sell skateboarding stuff, and also talked about his Really Sorry footage that mostly went to that Digital part.

Shetler didn't immediately announce his identity, but started a thread to talk about how Aaron Suski should be more respected and deserved to have a pro model shoe. Then he went on and acted like a kook.

What happened with the thread about Ben Raemer's sister?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
Also Jamal Smith posts here sometimes.

The Euro TM thing was just some really stupid thread about some skater changing teams, OP claimed to have a very reliable source, then when he was questioned as to who this reliable source was he said, "A TM for a European wheels company, you've probably never heard of him."

slappies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 10:13:53 AM »
Sluggo came on here sending people the RDS video that had just come out at the time. There's been a number of pros who made/still make the occasional appearance. Don't forget about Cliff!

*Edit

Anyone else remember **BABE ALERT** when Whitley posted that Hubba ad behind-the-scenes? Hahaha
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:47:35 AM by slappies »
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shit_for_brains

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 10:37:51 AM »
We need a modern pro to come on here and lose their minds. I bet Ryan Clements put parental locks on all their laptops so they can't come on here.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
jayme fortune invented the real confessions thread.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »
Didn't Slap also stop Lutzka from getting on Element instead of Darkstar or am I remembering that wrong?

Anybody have an update on cigarettebeer? Is Hilary Thompson still killing it? Did COTG ever learn how to skate tranny? Where's my free shit from FuckGinoAndPops (was that his name?)

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 01:00:06 PM »
We need a modern pro to come on here and lose their minds. I bet Ryan Clements put parental locks on all their laptops so they can't come on here.

he pays andrew langi to steal their laptops.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »
slap saved Pete eldridge's career.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 02:08:05 PM »
IIRC

Chalmers was mostly posting to sell skateboarding stuff, and also talked about his Really Sorry footage that mostly went to that Digital part.

Shetler didn't immediately announce his identity, but started a thread to talk about how Aaron Suski should be more respected and deserved to have a pro model shoe. Then he went on and acted like a kook.

I mean he's not wrong, but he took offense to people pointing out that he wasn't as marketable/popular as someone like Reynolds.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
IIRC

[close]

I mean he's not wrong, but he took offense to people pointing out that he wasn't as marketable/popular as someone like Reynolds.

I agree.

slap saved Pete eldridge's career.

How so?