Author Topic: The SLAP Folklore thread  (Read 19926 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: The SLAP Folklore thread
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 02:33:18 PM »
"Saved" might be overstating it, but I do think Eldridge getting on Mystery, was influenced by people on here, telling/pressuring Jamie Thomas to put him on. I think there was even a small-scale campaign for it, amongst some posters.

When Thomas was on here more often, I often felt like he used Slap as like a focus-group of sorts, to see what skaters thought was cool, what direction he should take his companies in, and who he should put on.

There's more examples of this kinda thing I'm forgetting, but I felt like people like John Fitzgerald and Forrest Edwards being put on BlackBox companies, were also influenced by their association with OIAM, as well as Slap's love of Forrest.

shark tits

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
"Saved" might be overstating it, but I do think Eldridge getting on Mystery, was influenced by people on here, telling/pressuring Jamie Thomas to put him on. I think there was even a small-scale campaign for it, amongst some posters.

When Thomas was on here more often, I often felt like he used Slap as like a focus-group of sorts, to see what skaters thought was cool, what direction he should take his companies in, and who he should put on.

There's more examples of this kinda thing I'm forgetting, but I felt like people like John Fitzgerald and Forrest Edwards being put on BlackBox companies, were also influenced by their association with OIAM, as well as Slap's love of Forrest.
how'd that work for black box?

colt cannon lunchbox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -92
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »
Didn't Sinclair rant on here?

In cliff's nineclub he talks about pros embarrassing themselves on here and I wanna know who he meant?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
Cliff may be referring to there was a weekend when Markovich posted and he was trolled and subsequently peaced....I've heard rumours it was actually members of the blind team doing it. 

The David Lumpkins looking for VHS copies of that TV show was good....

The transformation of Hillary.....

It all happened here....

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
Ha I think it was YMHY that coined the nickname "Kris Markassbitch".

David Lumpkins thing was insane. That was Mizzark (pre-Hillary) that set that up, right?

And yeah, that Hillary thing was definitely a huge surprise at the time, but she seems a lot more comfortable and happy now, so good for her. Some of the interviews she put out, really made me empathize with what she was going through, and what she has to continue to put up with.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »

Anybody have an update on cigarettebeer?
he sends me Facebook messages every six months. At one point he checked himself into a mental institution in Mexico after taking a bunch of psychedelics. I think he’s married and lives in Mississippi now. Some girl I know once told me a story about how he found her on MySpace and flew out to Boston to date her. He chased her around the kitchen with a butcher knife when he was blackout drunk. Things didn’t work out between them

That Mizzark David Lumpkins thing was wild. He flew from Toronto to North Carolina to buy all the episodes of this tv show called “Sk8” on vhs. Mizzark stood him up at the airport. I wish the original thread still existed
fuck you bama

jomeara1

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
This thread is amazing.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
I always hear rumors about the raw vegan who used to post on here. I always thought it was this dude http://therawadvantage.com/tag/raw-vegan-skateboarder/ but apparently not?

I guessed I missed out on a lot of the folklore but the two funniest things I've seen/ read since I joined were the playing mortal kombat with a tranny story and the AVE/ would Berra my dick so far up your arse photoshop. Also, Iceman drops some crazy photoshop bombs from time to time. Should Jedi be part of the Slap folklore?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:50 PM »
The supposed "How to be a Baker" DVD that a poster claimed to have gotten but never posted it and whenever he was questioned he would ignore it.

Also Red Cole posted for a bit to stick up for Chris on a thread (I forgot which one) but ended up getting thrashed by the pals.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:17:06 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Nosferatu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote
slap saved Pete eldridge's career.
[close]

How so?

There was a petition to put Pete Eldridge on Mystery. Jamie foolishly listened. Pete Eldridge slowly fizzled out.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:06:52 PM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »
What went down with briden? I used to talk to him every so often on an ea skate forum but never got why he left/got banned.

I've hung out with him in person and I keep in touch with him on the internets. He's cool. But he earned that ban.

One fun pro memory was when Jamie found out Dan Murphy quit Mystery through SLAP. Someone made a thread called something like "Dan Murphy on Foundation?" and Jamie chimed in saying, "Uhh pretty sure he still rides for Mystery?" He didn't. Jamie researched and then deleted his comment.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 09:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
What went down with briden? I used to talk to him every so often on an ea skate forum but never got why he left/got banned.
[close]

I've hung out with him in person and I keep in touch with him on the internets. He's cool. But he earned that ban.

Not to pry, but what was the reason for the ban? If you feel comfortable saying.
He used to post here a bunch, then I left for like a year, and he was gone when I got back.
I didn't even realize he got banned til now.

chalmchalms

• Rep: 54
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 10:49:10 PM »
Whipits + posting on Slap = fun
[/quote]

What did Chalmers have to say?

[/quote]
In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.

chalmchalms

• Rep: 54
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 10:54:49 PM »
IIRC

Chalmers was mostly posting to sell skateboarding stuff, and also talked about his Really Sorry footage that mostly went to that Digital part.

Well I did post a board or two for sale last May to help pay for a trip to Ireland......in the classified section. But I wouldn't say that was my defining post. I've been on here since early 2000's I just stopped posting so frequently after a site redo and couldn't get logged back into my account for five or six years.

In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 02:47:45 AM »
hi alex.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 03:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
IIRC

Chalmers was mostly posting to sell skateboarding stuff, and also talked about his Really Sorry footage that mostly went to that Digital part.

[close]

Well I did post a board or two for sale last May to help pay for a trip to Ireland......in the classified section. But I wouldn't say that was my defining post. I've been on here since early 2000's I just stopped posting so frequently after a site redo and couldn't get logged back into my account for five or six years.

Hey

My bad, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were peddling, those were just the only times I saw you post. I hope you enjoyed your time in Ireland, it's freezing cold here at the minute.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 03:44:22 AM »
Hang on, what would you say is your defining post?

Mongoloid

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 07:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote
IIRC

[close]

Hey Alex! Have you seen my defining post yet? It’s kind of hairy.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »
Hang on, what would you say is your defining post?

Hopefully it will be giving us the dirt on what happened with Flip and Bastien.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Before Lenoce left Baker people were talking shit about how he only had 4 tricks and didn't deserve to be "hooked up". He came on here (OGbaker?) really humble and not denying the accusations and people changed their tune real quick.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:47:17 PM by Kolostrum »

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
"A world without CEOs"

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »
There was something about Mike Sinclair and some poster on here and someone's personal information got leaked?. Also I saw a thread in "classics" where some guy kept posting clips of himself and made a ton of fake slap accounts and myspaces(?) to back himself up
(Cool Trick GIF)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:48 PM »
Rainbow unity, or whatever his name was, made more of an impact on SLAP in one post than I could ever make in a lifetime of posts.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not to pry, but what was the reason for the ban? If you feel comfortable saying.
He used to post here a bunch, then I left for like a year, and he was gone when I got back.
I didn't even realize he got banned til now.

Cigarette beer posted about him and his lady having a miscarriage and Briden made fun of it. He has a new account but barely posts. When I had my first account I thought I was the shit because i was like 14 and thought I would be slaps god because I was decent at skateboarding and my friend gave Briden my personal information and posted it on here. He made realize I was an idiot then and we been bffs ever since I made an Instagram

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »
Rainbow unity, or whatever his name was, made more of an impact on SLAP in one post than I could ever make in a lifetime of posts.
Agreed!

What about that user, Gay!Gay!Gay! posting pictures from his birthday party?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

SOTY

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
Care to share?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 06:21:49 PM »
I've been on here for a while, but I don't think long enough to understand the Hilary thing. Anyone care to share?

This thread is amazing.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
I've been on here for a while, but I don't think long enough to understand the Hilary thing. Anyone care to share?

This thread is amazing.

Before transitioning she posted on here as Mizzark, and basically she was quite an angry individual.

Also this all time classic post

i bet this kid LOVES jacking off.
[/quote]
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2018, 07:19:19 PM »
Perfect Cock and the perfect forum was awesome.

Jkjhnsn posted on here during that map masquerade thing. Called COTG out.

This place kept me company and kept me smirking through some dark times.