Author Topic: Cory's Out.  (Read 26671 times)

Witcheshit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
Re: Cory's Out.
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »

Expand Quote
Y'all claiming to know what a stranger should be doing and what a dead man would've wanted... ???
[close]

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

NFLYoungboy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 09:31:08 AM »
would you say the same about ali boulala? (back then)
If I was really in the scene like I am now back then, yeah. It's a shame how Ali's situation played out in retrospect, but them's be the shit breaks when alcohol get's involved.

UggMugg

• Rep: -2
  • this flex music this aint hip hop
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »
Y'all claiming to know what a stranger should be doing and what a dead man would've wanted... ???

why do ppl always says logical shit like this in a board called useless wooden toy banter

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why do ppl always says logical shit like this in a board called useless wooden toy banter

The name of the board doesn't imply logic can't be applied; the board isn't called "The Whacky person Cafe", though it probably actually should be.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Grind King Rims

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »
When I read the title I thought Cory Duffel was out of the closet...

Jacob Gary

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »

The name of the board doesn't imply logic can't be applied; the board isn't called "The Whacky person Cafe", though it probably actually should be.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 10:32:16 AM »
Expand Quote
When I read the title I thought Cory Duffel was out of the closet...
[close]

I thought he was off Foundation and Hockey was ready to make him their Gino

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 11:26:14 AM »
Is it wrong that I hope he doesn't get charged with anything because I think he's already been punished enough?

if he took out some other innocent folks in a different car then i think it would be universal that he needs to be punished but i think it's entirely different when the deceased is wasted and in the car with the person driving. it just becomes more of a tragic accident and less of a victim situation for a lot of people, myself included. my sister was in a similar situation, driving home from a late night club, everyone wasted and they crashed and one of the people died. no one got charged or went to prison and it was a tragic horrible thing but the survivors all had normal lives after and moved on with their lives. i don't think the story would be any better if my sisters life had got thrown away and note that i don't really care for my sister and haven't talked to her in years so i'm not just saying that out of family bias.

i guess another way of looking at it is say that p stone lived but they ran into another car an innocent people in that car died. for a lot of people, p stone would have some dirty on his hands too. it's like being an accessory on some level.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2018, 11:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder and grill master.
[close]
[close]
you don't hope he gets sober???
[close]

Going sober isn't changing what happened, just don't drink and drive anymore. IMO going sober isn't a way of paying respect for the guy or fixing anything.. Dudes logo was his face on beer can.

If he wants to go sober cheers to him, but grabbing a beer every now and then to remember a homie you drank with isn't bad either.

Sober or not I'd still watch his skating.

this is basically exactly what some people said in regards to Ali and Antwuan.  The lack of awareness and overall stupidity of this comment is astounding.
where is home?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder and grill master.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Going sober isn't changing what happened, just don't drink and drive anymore. IMO going sober isn't a way of paying respect for the guy or fixing anything.. Dudes logo was his face on beer can.

If he wants to go sober cheers to him, but grabbing a beer every now and then to remember a homie you drank with isn't bad either.

[close]

this is basically exactly what some people said in regards to Ali and Antwuan.  The lack of awareness and overall stupidity of this comment is astounding.
Well I mean there alcoholism was well documented. Cory's hasn't been even close to the same if he even is an alcoholic.

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »
"The Whacky person Cafe"

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »

[/quote]

“The Whacky person Cafe” is definetly somewhere I would want to hang out. 
Sounds like a good time.

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

:))

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Is it wrong that I hope he doesn't get charged with anything because I think he's already been punished enough?
[close]

if he took out some other innocent folks in a different car then i think it would be universal that he needs to be punished but i think it's entirely different when the deceased is wasted and in the car with the person driving. it just becomes more of a tragic accident and less of a victim situation for a lot of people, myself included. my sister was in a similar situation, driving home from a late night club, everyone wasted and they crashed and one of the people died. no one got charged or went to prison and it was a tragic horrible thing but the survivors all had normal lives after and moved on with their lives. i don't think the story would be any better if my sisters life had got thrown away and note that i don't really care for my sister and haven't talked to her in years so i'm not just saying that out of family bias.

i guess another way of looking at it is say that p stone lived but they ran into another car an innocent people in that car died. for a lot of people, p stone would have some dirty on his hands too. it's like being an accessory on some level.

Wait, your sister was drink driving, crashed and killed an occupant in the car and wasn't charged? Why not?

I was in an car accident when I was at university, my homie came to pick myself and my brother up from the bar which he had also been drinking at, we were all wasted & hit a tree. I broke my back and leg, brother lost his spleen and the driver almost lost his leg, metal plates in his head etc. I didn't hold it against my friend, I knew the risks and got in the car although I was telling him to slow down.

He was charged after blood sample was taken at the hospital, if someone had died that takes it to a different level again.

raji

• Rep: 8
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »
saw the title and and thought that thread would be about corey duffle coming out...good luck too corey k though, shit must be rough!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Well I mean there alcoholism was well documented. Cory's hasn't been even close to the same if he even is an alcoholic.

Cory's recent footage has been raging

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wait, your sister was drink driving, crashed and killed an occupant in the car and wasn't charged? Why not?

I was in an car accident when I was at university, my homie came to pick myself and my brother up from the bar which he had also been drinking at, we were all wasted & hit a tree. I broke my back and leg, brother lost his spleen and the driver almost lost his leg, metal plates in his head etc. I didn't hold it against my friend, I knew the risks and got in the car although I was telling him to slow down.

He was charged after blood sample was taken at the hospital, if someone had died that takes it to a different level again.

sorry to hear about your wreck, that sounds crazy.

maybe she got lucky, it was a bad wreck and the all were pretty badly injured and got taken to the hospital and i think they ever even made her blow. it could have also been that she wasn't over the legal alcohol limit. it was a late night club that people did a lot of drugs at so could have been high but not drunk.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No, it really hasn't. Do you think that because of his zany outfits?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

It only sounds to me like he was suggesting it was a free country and that drinks aren't evil.  Even if you messed up you needn't be barred for life by the guilt police.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »
Honestly I feel like it may be really hard NOT to have a drink or do drugs with the weight of what happened... but yeah he should definitely go sober.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:02:32 PM by NickDagger »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I think more of the news documenting his story about his latest stuff is a pretty clear case of alcoholism. But yeah def the zany outfits

Me being an actual alcoholic and im sure others on here who had drug or alcohol abuse problems can tell you yeah we probably all had driven when we shouldn't of because we fucking suck. Normal drinkers usually don't do that. That's why the courts make you go to AA after a DUI. Normal drinkers are unselfish and usually don't drive after a few beers, even if they aren't even drunk. They know its not a risk worth taking.

Me and other pieces of shit don't give a fuck about that and just want to make sure our car is home because we don't want to deal with that the next day

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
People make mistakes, wishing Cory the best as he handles this life changing event.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 05:32:49 PM »
I hope he goes sober from all this and just kills it at skating. I think the biggest tribute to P-Stone would just to continue to be a proper skateboarder.

+1

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 08:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Just because it hasn't been well documented doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe it would be okay for him to have a beer every once and while (if he is even able to do that?) but personally, and yes everyone deals with this shit differently, I don't know how he could enjoy doing so knowing that alcohol was a big factor in the death of one of his good friends.
Dude's logo was a face on a beer can? Yes, and drew, grecs and Ellington all used to label themselves pissdrunx but that doesn't mean people can't change. I honestly doubt that if he had a near death experience and escaped the accident he'd be as vocal about his love for the drink. All speculation of course but still...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:41:28 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think more of the news documenting his story about his latest stuff is a pretty clear case of alcoholism. But yeah def the zany outfits

Me being an actual alcoholic and im sure others on here who had drug or alcohol abuse problems can tell you yeah we probably all had driven when we shouldn't of because we fucking suck. Normal drinkers usually don't do that. That's why the courts make you go to AA after a DUI. Normal drinkers are unselfish and usually don't drive after a few beers, even if they aren't even drunk. They know its not a risk worth taking.

Me and other pieces of shit don't give a fuck about that and just want to make sure our car is home because we don't want to deal with that the next day
I've been that dude, and went up a curb,dodged a tree, and then rolled into my driveway with two flats on one side of my car...oh, and I was already on my block. Dumbest shit I had done. As said before, Cory has a long road ahead of him on top of his mental game.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »

This makes me think and I'm suprised everyone looked over this post.

Little Debbie

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
I hope for the best and expect the worst in this situation. Cory has a lot of amazing skating yet to come in his life, but he will also need some serious support and guidance to be able to live up to what he is capable of, which I agree would be likely what Preston would have wanted

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 01:14:03 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2018, 06:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know what this means but I never said shit about Ali in that scenario, fuckin shit happens.  What is the good in finding a villain in that situation in the aftermath?  Nothing would get me on the back of that dudes bike -just looks like a bad idea.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2018, 09:01:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  I don't know what this means but I never said shit about Ali in that scenario, fuckin shit happens.  What is the good in finding a villain in that situation in the aftermath?  Nothing would get me on the back of that dudes bike -just looks like a bad idea.

The topic of Ali and Shane has been gone over many times on here. Most reasonable people feel Shane, like P-Stone, was partly to blame, he was drunk, and he got on the bike of someone who was clearly wasted. Yes Ali is also to blame, but he went to jail, fucked himself physically and , just like Cory, will have live knowing he unintentionally killed his friend. The guilt is propbably the worst punishment, but if you get in/on a vehicle where the driver is drunk you assume some of the responsibility. There are lots of similarities between these two situations.
Personally I wish the best for both Ali and Cory, I am fans of both of their skating.  Ali seem pretty fucked but hopefully Cory can move forward and not let this destroy him.