Author Topic: Jeff Grosso | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 85  (Read 15081 times)

Fecal Fury

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
Re: Jeff Grosso | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 85
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »
I made this for fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfglPJrFNAG/?taken-by=youwillsoon

Watson that's fucking hilarious. I would dish you out a gnar if I could.

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Remember the Ty Evans episode when they talked about the Olympics and how excited they were about it? Ty even asked Roger if he would go film it and Roger went: "Sure!" Now they listen to Grosso's rant and just nod... Sometimes I wish there was more of a debate.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
loved this episode, one of the best ones. definitely did end pretty abruptly though as someone else already pointed out. also, do any of you guys follow duane these days on insta? i know he went berserk on there a little while back but, if you look at his recent posts he seems to be doing a lot better? his recent posts are all super positive and are actually somewhat comprehensible. he's out riding his bike everyday and posting videos of himself bombing a hill? maybe he's doing better than said to be, or maybe him and grosso just got into some big fight and now grosso is just bad mouthing him or actually doesn't know he's doing better? he does have a new insta maybe grosso hasn't seen it or talked to him in a while?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

Would you help me start a shit talk podcast? I don't work in that field, i'd love to try it. You worked really hard right there little guy. why do you care so much about how I feel? Why can't I talk bad about your heroes when you clearly have no problem fulfilling your lifelong agenda against grosso?

Agenda against Grosso? Nah, just not too interested in his particular life story, that's all.

I'm interested in skating, not fuck ups glorifying fucking up. I agree that no holds barred interviews are generally more interesting, but I'm not sure why you care at all about where Wenning bought drugs... like, who the fuck cares about that info? And hey, if you think it's a good idea asking a convicted murderer what it was like killing the person they killed, maybe you should try. I'm sure Swindell is just dying to talk about how he committed a hate crime.  ;D

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 05:47:29 PM »
loved this episode, one of the best ones. definitely did end pretty abruptly though as someone else already pointed out. also, do any of you guys follow duane these days on insta? i know he went berserk on there a little while back but, if you look at his recent posts he seems to be doing a lot better? his recent posts are all super positive and are actually somewhat comprehensible. he's out riding his bike everyday and posting videos of himself bombing a hill? maybe he's doing better than said to be, or maybe him and grosso just got into some big fight and now grosso is just bad mouthing him or actually doesn't know he's doing better? he does have a new insta maybe grosso hasn't seen it or talked to him in a while?
Duane stopped answering Grosso's calls. Duane kept on ranting. Lately yea,DP has been seeming normal,but he a schizophrenic that sometimes refuses to take his meds,hence all the shit talking and PoTus talk occasionally.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Remember the Ty Evans episode when they talked about the Olympics and how excited they were about it? Ty even asked Roger if he would go film it and Roger went: "Sure!" Now they listen to Grosso's rant and just nod... Sometimes I wish there was more of a debate.
[close]

I love the show but that's my biggest qualm with it. They're never willing to challenge a guest's perspective. I can assume why to a certain extent (wouldn't want people hesitant to be guests in fear of being called out, could ruin the tone/pace of the show, etc.).

But come on... at some point, at least play devil's advocate and throw in a few retorts.
  From watching the different shows so far (albeit 7 mins collectively) I'd say these dudes don't have the social or intellectual  capacity  to engage with guests the way you're describing (also some moral capacity lackage shown by they're obvious kow towing to certain industry interests)  I think they're losing the plot generally with this series. Edit this is only a critique of the show, I don't think there bad dudes cause I don't know them.  I think the best guy is the one who's not Kelly hart or the rides for chocolate guy.  Maybe just have him and someone else whos not the other two.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:46:13 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2018, 10:45:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the show but that's my biggest qualm with it. They're never willing to challenge a guest's perspective. I can assume why to a certain extent (wouldn't want people hesitant to be guests in fear of being called out, could ruin the tone/pace of the show, etc.).

But come on... at some point, at least play devil's advocate and throw in a few retorts.
[close]
  From watching the different shows so far (albeit 7 mins collectively) I'd say these dudes don't have the social or intellectual  capacity  to engage with guests the way you're describing (also some moral capacity lackage shown by they're obvious kow towing to certain industry interests)  I think they're losing the plot generally with this series.

So, you've watched 7 total minutes of a show that is 85 episodes deep - most over 2 hours in length - and you feel you've got a relevant opinion on the content? Sounds legit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2018, 10:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  From watching the different shows so far (albeit 7 mins collectively) I'd say these dudes don't have the social or intellectual  capacity  to engage with guests the way you're describing (also some moral capacity lackage shown by they're obvious kow towing to certain industry interests)  I think they're losing the plot generally with this series.
[close]

So, you've watched 7 total minutes of a show that is 85 episodes deep - most over 2 hours in length - and you feel you've got a relevant opinion on the content? Sounds legit.
   You be the judge.  (edit to be more honest ive watched prolly 20 some mins of the series and to be fair the problem with the show is that you can surmise every problem with the show inside of watching  7 minutes of it)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:54:19 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 05:30:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
   You be the judge.  (edit to be more honest ive watched prolly 20 some mins of the series and to be fair the problem with the show is that you can surmise every problem with the show inside of watching  7 minutes of it)

you guys are over thinking this show. it's background noise in traffic and if you want the steve olson show and didn't enjoy it then... well good for you

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 05:57:02 AM »
I like the episode OK but Grosso's kind of the Uncle Rico of hard drug users.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
It was pretty real to hear his stories go from young innocence to gnarly partying to just sad.

Grosso is a blowhard but a necessary one.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
It was pretty real to hear his stories go from young innocence to gnarly partying to just sad.

Grosso is a blowhard but a necessary one.
  Totally agree there with that last sentence.  Dude rips!

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »
How are you guys posting instagram videos?  Here is one of the contest on acid where he mentions the stickers on the deck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfcdEbqA-EB/?taken-by=daggerchuck

The Tracers