Author Topic: Places to Camp in SF  (Read 1548 times)

RudyRipJr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Places to Camp in SF
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
A van full of 10 of us need a place to crash in SF next Mon-Wednesday. and since our place to stay fell through last minute we need a place to camp around SF with a quick drive back into the city each morning. Any suggestions on places to stay? Also if anyone wants to show us around we are all very generous with our spliffs and our beer:)

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Places to Camp in SF
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
golden gate park.
if you're driving, Mike Muir woods across the GG bridge is pretty mountain-hilly spot named after environmentalist and suicidal front man mike muir. idk if it's sausagelito or what but it's pretty, lotta eucalyptus, alotta fuckin shit!
also, fort miley might be camp-able, i've never been there after dark.
you can sleep at ocean beach.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »
Stayed at a rad campground called China Beach across the bridge in San Rafael, its like 30 minutes out from SF. You have to walk your shit in like a couple hundred yards to the spots from the parking lot but it's a rad little area, has toilets, and the campground manager was cool as shit. Think it might have been like 15$ per vehicle.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:30:00 PM »
double rock. hit up high speed.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »
First 3 spots are def illegal to camp at, but I've camped at the first 2 with no problems. Also wasn't rolling 10 deep. The 4th spot is your best bet. It's a drive, but it's a known beach to camp at.

1. Ocean Beach dunes. Wake up and get out early, make sure your tent isn't visible from the Great Highway. Probably not the best option for 10 people, better for 2-3 people. You guys would probably need to spread out in between Judah and Noriega or Santiago and Sloat. Cops occasionally walk through dunes in the morning.

2. Fort Funston. There are spots on the cliffs west of the Sunset Trail. You have to hike a bit from your van to get here as there is no overnight parking nearby. Closest overnight parking is off Sloat and Great Highway, however I've seen many camper vans parked off the Great Highway across from the Zoo which would put you much closer to the camp spot.

3. Thornton State Beach. Best bet is to park off Northgate Ave and walk west into the parking lot. Hike down the steep hill and you will have tons of options. There are more secluded areas to the north and south.

4. Tunitas creek beach. 40 min south of SF, but people regularly camp here and have fires. Park here https://goo.gl/maps/8hBqEkDGPmQ2 and walk down the cliff trail to the beach (Look out for poison oak). If you want to rage and have a good time with no worries, this is your spot. Just pack your trash. You would also be passing by 2 skateparks and a fun mini ramp on your way out of or into SF (Pacifica Skatepark, Half Moon bay skatepark and mini ramp). Free outdoor cold showers at Linda Mar Beach or Rockaway beach.

Other option is just getting a couple motel rooms off Booking.com. Did a quick 10 person search and it comes to like $20 a person per night.

Anyways, email me if you have more questions: [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:11:12 PM by tkp »

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 10:17:19 PM »
as cool/perfect as it'd seem to camp at fort miley (there is a nice grassy area with a view for spliffs/naps) i would advise against it because cops or rangers always seem to be there popping in randomly.
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
Every time me and my homies have done it. We just stay on the beach in a tent. The tent is highly visible from the road. Never had a problem.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
golden gate park.
if you're driving, Mike Muir woods across the GG bridge is pretty mountain-hilly spot named after environmentalist and suicidal front man mike muir. idk if it's sausagelito or what but it's pretty, lotta eucalyptus, alotta fuckin shit!
also, fort miley might be camp-able, i've never been there after dark.
you can sleep at ocean beach.
It's Jim Muir, and you can't camp in Muir Wood. You can however get spots in Mt. Tamalpais State which basically surrounds it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »
Jim Muir is Red Dog. Lil bro Mike is Possessed To Skate
SPB!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
I guess I meant John Muir. You still can't sleep there.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
Every time me and my homies have done it. We just stay on the beach in a tent. The tent is highly visible from the road. Never had a problem.

Nice. Lately, the city hasn't been enforcing the camping laws out there. There are some pretty solid homeless encampments setup as I type this.