Author Topic: Calling Any and All Filmers.  (Read 214 times)

NFLYoungboy

• Rep: 0
Calling Any and All Filmers.
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
For someone considering picking up filming, what's a decent starter camera to invest in? Also, what advice would you give if you have any? Any response would help.

Also we'll exclude phones, soooo yeah.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
Re: Calling Any and All Filmers.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »
My advice is to use the search option of this messageboard.

tzhangdox

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:51:53 PM »
Whats your budget? what type of footage(hpx style or dslr or vx) do you like? How much gear are you willing to lug around?

NFLYoungboy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
Whats your budget? what type of footage(hpx style or dslr or vx) do you like? How much gear are you willing to lug around?
Hypothetically, I'm willing to save up and drop around $500 to $900. I don't mind carrying around heavy shit all day.  I like VX, but that shit's hella expensive and high maitenence so, I'd rock anything from hpx to hd style stuff.

tzhangdox

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 03:26:59 AM »
Hypothetically, I'm willing to save up and drop around $500 to $900. I don't mind carrying around heavy shit all day.  I like VX, but that shit's hella expensive and high maitenence so, I'd rock anything from hpx to hd style stuff.

Your best bet is a mirrorless setup. You could probably get a panasonic gh2 used for about $300, a fisheye in the mid $200 range, and that leaves you with $400 for a long lens(or two), a mic and a cheap handle.

NFLYoungboy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 03:30:29 AM »

Your best bet is a mirrorless setup. You could probably get a panasonic gh2 used for about $300, a fisheye in the mid $200 range, and that leaves you with $400 for a long lens(or two), a mic and a cheap handle.
Sounds good. I'll be shopping around in the near future then.

stophatin

• Rep: -23
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 02:02:13 PM »
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?

NFLYoungboy

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.