Author Topic: Wide Shoes  (Read 15447 times)

finecojeffe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
Re: Wide Shoes
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 05:29:59 AM »
recently I've skate the Vans 112, and it's got some room in the front. I wouldn't call it wide but it's wider than a lot of other shoes I've skated.

Does NB# offer widths like thy did on their running shoes?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »
recently I've skate the Vans 112, and it's got some room in the front. I wouldn't call it wide but it's wider than a lot of other shoes I've skated.

Does NB# offer widths like thy did on their running shoes?

This shoe in mid is next on my list.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Vans skate high is pretty wide. The only issue is the stitch by the pinkie toe may be annoying at first but once it’s soft it’s pretty comfy.

ZEBRA

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 08:50:42 PM »
A lot of terrible suggestions on here. You know how I know?? Because I have wide feet.

The DC Evan Smith is not wide. The ES Swift isn't too bad.

Converse CTS are by far one of the most narrow shoes in the fucking market. What the fuck kind of suggestion was that?!?!

Old Sokol Vans are a little narrow for me, but do fit me, but I have the same problem. Pinky toe rubs. And for some reason I just hated everything with that shoe. Nothing worked for me.

Vans seem to be the shit though for me. AV Classic are nice and wide. If you want cupsole, Kyle Walker's shoe is great.

I love slip-on pros, but I have to fold them in half a few times, then walk around the block, then only wear them on quick trips to the store or whatever before they stop hurting the fuck outta my feet and stretch out. Once they stretch out though, one of my favorite shoes ever.

I tried in the new Chima shoe, and they're really nice. The new insole is interesting. A little more board feel than the regular Ultra Cush insole. They'll be my next pair I buy probably.

Nike Dunks are a little wide, so that's another option.

Proper Conquista's are decently wide also.

azza

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 03:12:13 AM »
I have super choed feet as well. Its short as a 7 but wide as a bloody 9 or 10. I can't skate size 7s cuz the bowl of the feet width just stops blood circulation. My toes are short tho, and my pinkie toe deformed into a narrower shape so that worked.
The most perfect fitting shoe for me was the Nike SB Koston Hypervulc or just Kostons in general.
They are shaped really flat and wide but I had to swap my insole out so it won't have any room with the insole.

My feet are too fucking wide so I end up skating shoe a size up and fucking up tricks and spaining ankles.

For all those people with skinny feet bitching about how shoes feel wide and shit, feel good that you arn't getting any blisters and fucked toes like me cuz my shoes has at least 2 thumbs and a half room.

Anyways... The widest shoes that actually fit me (toes has perfect distance from front whereby when pushing it doesn't curl ur toes but makes it feel like ur skating your molded feet shoe) was a Koston hypervulc with insole swapped to some FP jaws

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:21 AM »
For years I skated Lakai Telford High Tops religiously. When Lakai they stopped making them I moved to Nike Dunk's, which are more narrow than I like--my feet can feel the rubber side walls on the soles. I have been skating Vans Pro Hi Tops lately, but the forefoot area is so thin that I dread missing a trick. The Vans are perfectly wide though, but not all Vans are wide enough. I tried on the Crockett 2 and it was super narrow around my arch, so I returned them right away. I am thinking about finding a wider pair of cup sole hybrid Vans like the ones mentioned in the 'coffee break' review. I have never worn Globe's but they do look wide on screen. I think I missed the boat on the Crockett 1s. I am going to be hitting the stores before Spring to find a wide cup sole shoe that is comfortable and has good padding (hopefully high tops for my weak ankles). I will let you all know if I find something that works for me as it may work for you all. One would think that New Balance (the old man walking shoe of choice) would make wider skate shoes, but it sounds like theirs are the narrowest. Thanks.

Try the Kyle Walkers it has more padding compared to the Crocketts (1/2) and seems to be minimal wider.
I remove the Vans Insole from every shoe I skate and use a Footprint 3 mm.

Crockett 1: good shoe but now feels too thin and narrow out off the box.
Crockett 2: Had the first line, green/black, heel area pretty tight, toecap fucked up on switch shoe after a few sessions.
Walker: Slightly bulkier and wider, good right out off box, shoe holds up fine only gets pretty soft after about 20 hours and the sole detaches on the flicking point once it is pretty run down at least on all my pairs (around 6).

Accel Slim: fits good but sole and flick feels weak compared to Vans.

Not skated:
NB 533 V1/V2 | 288 | 868: 1 size UP, pretty narrow in the midfoot area, toebox is fine. 868 feels the narrowest.
Es Sesla (blue): 1 size UP, worst shoe ever, narrow as fuck and material in the back gave me blister walking around in them for under 1 hour.
DC Kalis Lite: 1 size UP, feels pretty good but look bulkier and different compared Vans, not sure if I should skate them, wear them quite often.

I tried different Nikes / Vans Ultrarange / Emerica Empire G6 in a shop but midfoot area is so tight (right below the laces) I could not slip in even without the insoles in the shoes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:41:42 AM by oneOone »

ToddS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »
I have struggled most my life finding shoes that fit my 4E wide feet.
I had a pair of Fallen's that were passable, but they did not last long.
Then I was told about ES Accel OG, they are by far the widest skate shoe I have found and they are holding up really well. They are heavily padded (super thick tongue) and I'd like to find a less bulky shoe, but for now the OG's are working. I did try the Es Accel Slims. but they were way too narrow.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2018, 02:27:44 AM »
I have struggled most my life finding shoes that fit my 4E wide feet.
I had a pair of Fallen's that were passable, but they did not last long.
Then I was told about ES Accel OG, they are by far the widest skate shoe I have found and they are holding up really well. They are heavily padded (super thick tongue) and I'd like to find a less bulky shoe, but for now the OG's are working. I did try the Es Accel Slims. but they were way too narrow.

You can always slit the tongue and take some of the stuffing out.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
Mentioned this in the setup thread but thought I’d bring it here too.  And it’s been mentioned before in this thread.

Crockett 2’s are good right out of the box for wide footed mahfukkas.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »
Mentioned this in the setup thread but thought I’d bring it here too.  And it’s been mentioned before in this thread.

Crockett 2’s are good right out of the box for wide footed mahfukkas.

Not for my foot, Walkers and Crocketts were tight and narrow - the crocketts are wider right after the arch but the toebox is narrow; I'm stuck with OG Vans (mids/hi) or the DC Evan Smiths (which are fantastic).

The DC Smith is mentioned a number of times in this thread as wide. Those with wide feet understand the struggle...all those 'pointy' shoes with awesome flik ;)

Based on this pic alone you can actually see the Smith is <-W-I-D-E-R-> starting right after the arch and into the toe box; that's where *I* need the width:

Look at the bottom eyelet distance/length of the shoelace, the Walker clearly tapers more than the Smith.

The Smiths are wide enough where I have to wear thicker socks to not swim around, yet those same socks made the walkers tight AF.

The Walker is wider in the arch area or circumference measuring point of the foot, that might be where some feel it's 'wider'.

Feet are ugly and fucked up.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:56:22 AM by Xen »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 06:40:47 AM »
As mentioned earlier, the Vans 112 pros are fairly wide. They're also the longest-lasting vans I've ever skated by a long shot.

I've been told the Numeric Arto 358s are pretty wide...hoping to try a pair of those in the near future.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 07:59:41 AM »
I've had good success with dunks, kostons, bruin hyperfeel, kwalks, older cons 1 stars.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:18 PM »
For those of you with a flat and wide foot I want to give a major shout out to the es silo.

https://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-ae3w3/products/33152/images/60524/5101000167-080-S-001__65636.1543856517.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I just bought a pair (haven’t skated) but I know that they will be very supportive and comfortable.

Board feel will not be great, but Sole has good flex out of the box.

The shoes are true to size and fit like dunks, without being narrow in the instep.

For those of you who skated Telfords, the soles are about the same shape.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
I wear a 9.5 wide in most of my normal everyday shoes and the shoes I've found work best for me for skating are Adidas by a long shot. Every model I've had has been perfect (i size up to 10 with all their shit though so heads up on that). Honestly their stuff is almost the only shit that works so i always end up back with busenitzs, sambas, or the sucius - probably wouldn't recommend the matchcourts at all cause they look narrow but the consensus on here is that they suck ass anyway. CTAS pinched my toes, same for Huf, Nike I've had decent luck with but can go either way - the OG Gatos were tight at first but ended up being great, same for the Koston 3, dunks are perfect, have the dunk high elites right now in a half size up and they're stiff in the forefoot to the point of blistering and have too much room in front of the toes somehow. Never fucked with DCs or Lakai because most of their shit looks like kids shoes.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2019, 08:36:07 AM »
State , proper, and clear weather seem pretty roomy for me.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »
Does anyone know if there's a correlation between foot width and hip width?

mpiss

• Rep: 2
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2019, 04:52:04 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a correlation between foot width and hip width?
gorillastyle???
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2019, 05:28:06 PM »
I thought the Huf Hupper was pretty spacious. I never tried the Highs but I assume its a similar fit as the lows. You can probably find them for dumb cheap too considering theyre about to become extinct. I picked up a pair for $24 a couple months ago. I feel like huf shoes get a lot of shit on here but i always liked em

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2019, 12:50:20 AM »
looking for a slip on.
due to high cuneiform bones most slip ons are way to tight.
Tried on janoskis slips, matchcourt slips...

any suggestions are welcome

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2019, 12:53:30 AM »
looking for a slip on.

vans slip on pros bend to my will after walking in them a bit
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2019, 02:24:39 AM »
DC Evan Smith & T-Funk.

imuseless

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2019, 02:35:40 AM »
CTAS pinched my toes

If you still want to wear them, you can open up the side stitches in between laces and rubber toecap. Worked out for me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 03:28:50 AM »
State Keys maybe?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

imuseless

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 03:44:07 AM »
State Keys maybe?
I hope you're joking.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2019, 03:52:38 AM »
looking for a slip on.

Vans Slip On Pros are wider than most shoes I’ve had. Very nice. Can’t remember how wide the Emerica Wino G6 Slip Ons are but I can check when I get home if you want as I have a few pairs waiting.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2019, 05:22:55 AM »
I have Flintstone feet.

Vans slip ons are still a little tight in the toe for me, but they're flexible enough that it only bothers me if I wear them all day or skate for extended periods. For just tossing something on and fucking around they're great, and you can't beat the flick.

For long-term wear and general comfort the best shoe I've tried are an older pair of Nike Classics. Nice and wide in the toe with a good amount of padding on the tongue and collar without feeling bulky. The negative is that they don't have great board feel and I've always struggled to flick hard in them compared to vulcs or a more streamlined cupsole (like the Cons I've been skating a lot lately). Durability is great -I've had them for about 4 months now but recently tore a chunk of the cupsole all the way down and about a third of the way across the bottom. I still haven't blown through the suede so I just shoe goo'ed them back together a day or two ago but they're on their last legs. Not bad for a $15 pair of thrift store shoes, and they really changed my point of view on Nikes.

For any fellow cavemen who are skating New Balance #, how are they comfort wise? 

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »
Etnies Czar
eS Accel OG
Dc Lynx OG
Dc Kalis Lite (buy half a size up)
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
For any fellow cavemen who are skating New Balance #, how are they comfort wise?

I think they are the most comfy because they have wider toeboxes than most in my opinion.  I just got some 288s.  They are incredibly comfy.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2019, 11:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think they are the most comfy because they have wider toeboxes than most in my opinion.  I just got some 288s.  They are incredibly comfy.

I'm afraid to dip in #NB after the disappointment that was the Westgate.

Oddly enough the Vans AVE is wide enough at the exact spot I need them to be wide and narrow where I need them. Perfectly fitting shoe for my feet.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2019, 12:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm afraid to dip in #NB after the disappointment that was the Westgate
I’ve had the PJ (idk the number) and the 420. 420 actually had better feeling width than the pj. And they are comfy.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.