Author Topic: Wide Shoes  (Read 4360 times)

finecojeffe

• Rep: 14
    • Fine-Co
Re: Wide Shoes
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 05:29:59 AM »
recently I've skate the Vans 112, and it's got some room in the front. I wouldn't call it wide but it's wider than a lot of other shoes I've skated.

Does NB# offer widths like thy did on their running shoes?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »
recently I've skate the Vans 112, and it's got some room in the front. I wouldn't call it wide but it's wider than a lot of other shoes I've skated.

Does NB# offer widths like thy did on their running shoes?

This shoe in mid is next on my list.

nosneb

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Vans skate high is pretty wide. The only issue is the stitch by the pinkie toe may be annoying at first but once itís soft itís pretty comfy.

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 08:50:42 PM »
A lot of terrible suggestions on here. You know how I know?? Because I have wide feet.

The DC Evan Smith is not wide. The ES Swift isn't too bad.

Converse CTS are by far one of the most narrow shoes in the fucking market. What the fuck kind of suggestion was that?!?!

Old Sokol Vans are a little narrow for me, but do fit me, but I have the same problem. Pinky toe rubs. And for some reason I just hated everything with that shoe. Nothing worked for me.

Vans seem to be the shit though for me. AV Classic are nice and wide. If you want cupsole, Kyle Walker's shoe is great.

I love slip-on pros, but I have to fold them in half a few times, then walk around the block, then only wear them on quick trips to the store or whatever before they stop hurting the fuck outta my feet and stretch out. Once they stretch out though, one of my favorite shoes ever.

I tried in the new Chima shoe, and they're really nice. The new insole is interesting. A little more board feel than the regular Ultra Cush insole. They'll be my next pair I buy probably.

Nike Dunks are a little wide, so that's another option.

Proper Conquista's are decently wide also.
Shopping at Zumiez.....

Look motherfuck, I just want to buy my "Purple Drank" shirt and get the fuck out so I can get home in time to steal some Virginia Slims from my mom before she gets home from work.

azza

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 03:12:13 AM »
I have super choed feet as well. Its short as a 7 but wide as a bloody 9 or 10. I can't skate size 7s cuz the bowl of the feet width just stops blood circulation. My toes are short tho, and my pinkie toe deformed into a narrower shape so that worked.
The most perfect fitting shoe for me was the Nike SB Koston Hypervulc or just Kostons in general.
They are shaped really flat and wide but I had to swap my insole out so it won't have any room with the insole.

My feet are too fucking wide so I end up skating shoe a size up and fucking up tricks and spaining ankles.

For all those people with skinny feet bitching about how shoes feel wide and shit, feel good that you arn't getting any blisters and fucked toes like me cuz my shoes has at least 2 thumbs and a half room.

Anyways... The widest shoes that actually fit me (toes has perfect distance from front whereby when pushing it doesn't curl ur toes but makes it feel like ur skating your molded feet shoe) was a Koston hypervulc with insole swapped to some FP jaws

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:21 AM »
For years I skated Lakai Telford High Tops religiously. When Lakai they stopped making them I moved to Nike Dunk's, which are more narrow than I like--my feet can feel the rubber side walls on the soles. I have been skating Vans Pro Hi Tops lately, but the forefoot area is so thin that I dread missing a trick. The Vans are perfectly wide though, but not all Vans are wide enough. I tried on the Crockett 2 and it was super narrow around my arch, so I returned them right away. I am thinking about finding a wider pair of cup sole hybrid Vans like the ones mentioned in the 'coffee break' review. I have never worn Globe's but they do look wide on screen. I think I missed the boat on the Crockett 1s. I am going to be hitting the stores before Spring to find a wide cup sole shoe that is comfortable and has good padding (hopefully high tops for my weak ankles). I will let you all know if I find something that works for me as it may work for you all. One would think that New Balance (the old man walking shoe of choice) would make wider skate shoes, but it sounds like theirs are the narrowest. Thanks.

Try the Kyle Walkers it has more padding compared to the Crocketts (1/2) and seems to be minimal wider.
I remove the Vans Insole from every shoe I skate and use a Footprint 3 mm.

Crockett 1: good shoe but now feels too thin and narrow out off the box.
Crockett 2: Had the first line, green/black, heel area pretty tight, toecap fucked up on switch shoe after a few sessions.
Walker: Slightly bulkier and wider, good right out off box, shoe holds up fine only gets pretty soft after about 20 hours and the sole detaches on the flicking point once it is pretty run down at least on all my pairs (around 6).

Accel Slim: fits good but sole and flick feels weak compared to Vans.

Not skated:
NB 533 V1/V2 | 288 | 868: 1 size UP, pretty narrow in the midfoot area, toebox is fine. 868 feels the narrowest.
Es Sesla (blue): 1 size UP, worst shoe ever, narrow as fuck and material in the back gave me blister walking around in them for under 1 hour.
DC Kalis Lite: 1 size UP, feels pretty good but look bulkier and different compared Vans, not sure if I should skate them, wear them quite often.

I tried different Nikes / Vans Ultrarange / Emerica Empire G6 in a shop but midfoot area is so tight (right below the laces) I could not slip in even without the insoles in the shoes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:41:42 AM by oneOone »

ToddS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »
I have struggled most my life finding shoes that fit my 4E wide feet.
I had a pair of Fallen's that were passable, but they did not last long.
Then I was told about ES Accel OG, they are by far the widest skate shoe I have found and they are holding up really well. They are heavily padded (super thick tongue) and I'd like to find a less bulky shoe, but for now the OG's are working. I did try the Es Accel Slims. but they were way too narrow.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2018, 02:27:44 AM »
I have struggled most my life finding shoes that fit my 4E wide feet.
I had a pair of Fallen's that were passable, but they did not last long.
Then I was told about ES Accel OG, they are by far the widest skate shoe I have found and they are holding up really well. They are heavily padded (super thick tongue) and I'd like to find a less bulky shoe, but for now the OG's are working. I did try the Es Accel Slims. but they were way too narrow.

You can always slit the tongue and take some of the stuffing out.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Brad Breath

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
Mentioned this in the setup thread but thought Iíd bring it here too.  And itís been mentioned before in this thread.

Crockett 2ís are good right out of the box for wide footed mahfukkas.

and get an old bum from the street to be the referee for one game, should be interesting

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »
Mentioned this in the setup thread but thought Iíd bring it here too.  And itís been mentioned before in this thread.

Crockett 2ís are good right out of the box for wide footed mahfukkas.

Not for my foot, Walkers and Crocketts were tight and narrow - the crocketts are wider right after the arch but the toebox is narrow; I'm stuck with OG Vans (mids/hi) or the DC Evan Smiths (which are fantastic).

The DC Smith is mentioned a number of times in this thread as wide. Those with wide feet understand the struggle...all those 'pointy' shoes with awesome flik ;)

Based on this pic alone you can actually see the Smith is <-W-I-D-E-R-> starting right after the arch and into the toe box; that's where *I* need the width:

Look at the bottom eyelet distance/length of the shoelace, the Walker clearly tapers more than the Smith.

The Smiths are wide enough where I have to wear thicker socks to not swim around, yet those same socks made the walkers tight AF.

The Walker is wider in the arch area or circumference measuring point of the foot, that might be where some feel it's 'wider'.

Feet are ugly and fucked up.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:56:22 AM by Xen »

FrozenIndustries

• Rep: 5
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 06:40:47 AM »
As mentioned earlier, the Vans 112 pros are fairly wide. They're also the longest-lasting vans I've ever skated by a long shot.

I've been told the Numeric Arto 358s are pretty wide...hoping to try a pair of those in the near future.

FS-OverKOOK

• Rep: -9
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 07:59:41 AM »
I've had good success with dunks, kostons, bruin hyperfeel, kwalks, older cons 1 stars.