Author Topic: Wide Shoes  (Read 15445 times)

MusicalMotion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Instagram.com/tylercoleman_musicalmotion
Wide Shoes
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »
So I just joined up because I need to ask...
I have hobbit feet. What are some wide skate shoes you guys enjoy? I've been skating Vans Old Skool and they make my little toe dig into the one next to it and it's extremely painful. I need something with a wider toebox so I can spread my toes out a little more. Preferably suede upper too, but I'm not super picky.
"Pop high, stay fly."
-Hans Wouters

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Wide Shoes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:14:42 PM »
Stan Smith Vulc

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
Judging by my swift 1.5, the new es stuff seems to be really high volume overall.  Makes them unskateable for me personally, but if you need some room I bet they’re great.  True to size.

Level 80 Undead Warlock

• Rep: -85
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
DC Astor S. I have wider feet and they're a little too wide. But if that's what you need, they are super comfortable and you can find them for like $30. Make sure you get the ones that have the "s" though for the super suede.
http://www.dcshoes.com/men%27s-astor-s-skate-shoes-888327758596.html#q=astor%20s&start=3&hitcount=3
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:54:15 PM by Level 80 Undead Warlock »
HYPOCRITE.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:52 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 02:13:17 AM »
first mark suciu model was pretty wide on the toebox (plus it tends to get a little wider with sessions) roomy for sure

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 01:14:01 PM »
DC Evan Smith - Toe box is perfect for those with wide feet. Shoe is comfy and breaks in really fast; currently skating the highs.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:55:03 PM by Xen »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 01:37:32 PM »
^Was just about to post the same. DC Evan Smith indeed has a wide toe box.

Tedd

• Rep: -14
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 12:12:13 PM »
I have the same problem with old skools, but not 112s. Maybe try those if you wanna stick with Vans. Also, Emerica Wino G6 are kinda wide

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
I've got wide feet too and can't skate alot of shoes. Surprisingly, the Cons CTAS skate version is the most comfortable shoe I've had. It's alottttt wider than regular chucks and you can't go wrong with that cushy fucking lunarlon insole.

Horsemeat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 05:44:17 PM »
Better scoop some up, they just redid the CTAS and now it basically fits and feels like a regular converse, but with a zoom insole.

I like the matchcourt slips and the new city cups are pretty nice for wide feet.

Deepern0ah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
Better scoop some up, they just redid the CTAS and now it basically fits and feels like a regular converse, but with a zoom insole.

I like the matchcourt slips and the new city cups are pretty nice for wide feet.

Getting rid of the Lunarlon insoles makes me never want to buy another pair of converse. That was the best part of the shoe.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 02:42:56 AM »

I am a size US 8 in emerica cupsoles, 7,5 in vans pro, 7,5 in the adidas adi ease and have medium wide feet- anybody have a reccomendation what size to get in the city cup adidas?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Getting rid of the Lunarlon insoles makes me never want to buy another pair of converse. That was the best part of the shoe.

no fucking way

This is terrible news

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 08:30:04 AM »
I would add the emerica hsu to the wide shoe list

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 08:32:23 AM »
classic half cabs
hardly art, hardly starving

Horsemeat

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 02:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am a size US 8 in emerica cupsoles, 7,5 in vans pro, 7,5 in the adidas adi ease and have medium wide feet- anybody have a reccomendation what size to get in the city cup adidas?

Adidas have been true to size for me. The Lucas puig premieres were a little snug, small toe box.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

no fucking way

This is terrible news

They did? I was so psyched about finally having a go-to shoe. Classic Nike.. Just sucking ass.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 04:51:06 PM »
the CTAS now fits and feels like a regular converse, but with a zoom insole.

Is this considered a bad thing to us non wide footers who favorite this shoe? I did stock up on some incase they fucked up the fit for the worse but i've never tried normal chuck taylors

Horsemeat

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 07:44:41 PM »
Idk yet honestly, at first i didn’t like how bulky the lunarlon was but they lasted forever and broke in really nice.

Now that I have a pair of the new low tops, they feel kind of flimsy. They feel like two completely different shoes.

Converse always worked ok for my feet tho, I just Get them true to size instead of sizing down like people usually do.

Blackholebacon

• Rep: -7
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
Es swfts dude i have the same problem, i cant squeeze my feet into like any shoe by adidas or nike, but es swifts after a day or two just feel like home for your feet. trust me they may be a little snug at first bu once they are broken in they feel amazing! (an they seem to make my feet just look slimmer too!)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
State Hudsons seem to nice and wide out of the box, can only imagine how nice they'll feel once broken in; remind me of fallen.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 11:53:46 AM »
adidas City Cup
Nike GT Blazer
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
If y'all call Blazers and CTAS wide, I can't even imagine what the fuck you were wearing before.

As a person with actual wide feet, I can only really claim two shoes to be comfy out of the box: Vans Crockett 1s (haven't tried the 2s) and Servant Loiters.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »
If y'all call Blazers and CTAS wide, I can't even imagine what the fuck you were wearing before.

They're referring to the new version. Bought the lunarlon and my foot looks like it's about to burst out of the shoe
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

As a person with actual wide feet, I can only really claim two shoes to be comfy out of the box: Vans Crockett 1s (haven't tried the 2s) and Servant Loiters.

I literally look once a week or so for US10 crockett ones (fuck those were amazing mids). =(

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 11:45:42 AM »
I would add the emerica hsu to the wide shoe list

I was super bummed when I tried it on, because the toe box was way too tight.

Vans Sk8-Hi pros rubbed my little toes a bit, but wore in/stretched out to be really comfortable.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
I know no one here cares usually but the Globe Mahalo's, the vulc ones, are the widest shoes I've seen in person. Sold a ton of them at the shop I worked at and people really swore by them.

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 03:50:59 PM »
I know no one here cares usually but the Globe Mahalo's, the vulc ones, are the widest shoes I've seen in person. Sold a ton of them at the shop I worked at and people really swore by them.

those sure are nice looking shoes. I just stocked up on the oddly comfortable lunarion CTAS and have Accels as chillers but might have to snag a pair of the Mahalo's over the summer.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »
For years I skated Lakai Telford High Tops religiously. When Lakai they stopped making them I moved to Nike Dunk's, which are more narrow than I like--my feet can feel the rubber side walls on the soles. I have been skating Vans Pro Hi Tops lately, but the forefoot area is so thin that I dread missing a trick. The Vans are perfectly wide though, but not all Vans are wide enough. I tried on the Crockett 2 and it was super narrow around my arch, so I returned them right away. I am thinking about finding a wider pair of cup sole hybrid Vans like the ones mentioned in the 'coffee break' review. I have never worn Globe's but they do look wide on screen. I think I missed the boat on the Crockett 1s. I am going to be hitting the stores before Spring to find a wide cup sole shoe that is comfortable and has good padding (hopefully high tops for my weak ankles). I will let you all know if I find something that works for me as it may work for you all. One would think that New Balance (the old man walking shoe of choice) would make wider skate shoes, but it sounds like theirs are the narrowest. Thanks.