Author Topic: One Stop /// Miles Silvas  (Read 5981 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: One Stop /// Miles Silvas
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 06:20:46 AM »
so sick, really hope this kicks off a new trend. adidas has done really well with it's web content.

has anything gone down on that double set in the back? any gap to ledge or gap to the second rail?

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 07:25:22 AM »

has anything gone down on that double set in the back? any gap to ledge or gap to the second rail?

4:33

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 07:45:31 AM »
Cyril ollied it too for some baker online part

super-basic

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:22 AM »
Out on my skateboard, the night is just humming.

I want a raaaangeee life...

7 year old

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »
Him running his hands along the rungs of that temporary corridor thing was so fucking rad.
That had a really cool classic feel to it.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
really hope this kicks off a new trend
hardly art, hardly starving

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:28 AM »
A good concept, I suppose, but I'm surprised to hear less criticism here on SLAP.
While that switch back tail was a heavy hitter that deep in the line, it was basically all flat ground skating. Am I wrong, or, other than the ssbsts, was there only the kickflip down the stairs (a stock trick for someone like Miles), and the one JKwon ledge trick in the non-flatground category?

I really thought he was gonna do more ledge tricks at JKwon. Like Ricky in his 411 Profile that ends with the minute plus line at Love Park. I heard at the time that his Profile was meant to be all one line but they ended up padding it a bit.

So, One Stop was good in concept and surely Miles' pop and consistency is tops, plus filming all that with available light is impressive.
But... am I the only person who was bored and (I feel ungrateful typing this) expecting something more?

Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
So was he supposed to Ollie the chain, then stop while Collin kennedy climbed over it?  Or was Collin supposed to hippy jump the chain with a $5,000 camera in his hands?  Think about this shit for like 3 seconds guys.

Really cool clip.

If that's what he had done and hippied it or ollied over it, we would have all praised it and thought it was the dopest ever. Now, I know that it's not a realistic expectation but yeah that would've made it cooler haha.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Out on my skateboard, the night is just humming.
[close]

I want a raaaangeee life...

yo both get gnars for Pavement acknowledgement. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 11:38:43 AM »
A good concept, I suppose, but I'm surprised to hear less criticism here on SLAP.
While that switch back tail was a heavy hitter that deep in the line, it was basically all flat ground skating. Am I wrong, or, other than the ssbsts, was there only the kickflip down the stairs (a stock trick for someone like Miles), and the one JKwon ledge trick in the non-flatground category?

I really thought he was gonna do more ledge tricks at JKwon. Like Ricky in his 411 Profile that ends with the minute plus line at Love Park. I heard at the time that his Profile was meant to be all one line but they ended up padding it a bit.

So, One Stop was good in concept and surely Miles' pop and consistency is tops, plus filming all that with available light is impressive.
But... am I the only person who was bored and (I feel ungrateful typing this) expecting something more?

Well first, Jkwon is completely skateproofed in the main plaza, and bluntslides are one of  the only tricks you could manage with the slices out of the ledges.

2nd, Ricky is skating in a circle in that old 411 profile, back and forth on the same ledge(s). He didn't have to walk several blocks to start over each time, and he did nothing as hard as the ssbsts the gap ledge, kickflip the rail, or really anything comparable to Miles aside from maybe the flatground fs half cab. Personally, it's always been a pet peeve of mine when people do lines that involve turning around and skating the same obstacle again. People used to always do that at Hotspot in Vancouver and it looks kinda silly.

3rd, yes, you are ungrateful ;). If you can't understand that making that whole line was a huge accomplishment, then you're expecting way too much. The fact that Miles wasn't doing nollie heel front crooks on everything in sight tells you how difficult it is to pull of a line that long. Imagine the pressure after each trick is landed, hoping you don't blow the next one and have to walk 3 blocks back to the start.

Also, should they have built spots so Miles had more to skate on route? C'mon. Looks like he used pretty much everything in his path. Hell, I'm not even a fan of Adidas and I thought it was sick.

Tarik

• Rep: -5
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »
Here is an Interview, wher he talks about all trys,security guards and more

http://www.soloskatemag.com/miles-silvas-interview

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
So was he supposed to Ollie the chain, then stop while Collin kennedy climbed over it?  Or was Collin supposed to hippy jump the chain with a $5,000 camera in his hands?  Think about this shit for like 3 seconds guys.

Alternatively, we can read about it in the interview: "There's a quick scene where I step over a chain and walk over so the filmer could make it and keep going with me."

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 02:47:36 PM »
can we just acknowledge how sick it was that he casually cruised past a security guard and kick flipped an 8 in the middle of a 3.5 minute long line?

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 04:35:34 PM »
LA is so fucking weird. Only city you could pull something like this off.

This is one block away from that strip:

https://goo.gl/maps/DZLeSGEew532

Blows my mind away.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »

Well first, Jkwon is completely skateproofed in the main plaza, and bluntslides are one of  the only tricks you could manage with the slices out of the ledges.

Also, should they have built spots so Miles had more to skate on route? C'mon. Looks like he used pretty much everything in his path. Hell, I'm not even a fan of Adidas and I thought it was sick.

I didn't know they finally skatestopped the plaza at JKwon.

That definitely would've ruined it if they threw in a flatbar somewhere. They're lucky nobody picked-up that trash can.

After a second viewing and the interview. I'm warming up to it a bit.
A gimmick video, for sure, but way, way, WAY better than all the park footage that passes as 'content' these days.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:33:30 PM by WarmUpZone »
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 02:52:37 AM »
Cyril ollied it too for some baker online part
T Funk did a weird gap out to 50 on the ledge, think it was in a dc edit

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 07:30:47 AM »
that was nuts. not the most exciting edit but jesus, credit where credit is due.

it amazes me how much skatable shit there is in close proximity. genuinely there are more decent skate spots in that 5 minute line than there are in the entire city i live in haha

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »
Video was really cool. The ollie over the rectangular planter was sick. As for the shoes, I checked out the black leather ones at the shop, not a fan of those, but the white and gum ones in the video are nice.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
Great concept,still never buying Adidias again. LA at night or really anywhere at night like in this setting is a treat as a skateboarder. I want to see Busenitz do one of these. Mark G has sort of done these through NYC,but damn Miles had some good tricks. I still don't get how some companies can have great web content but stale full videos, as in Away Days isn't the most rewatchable video for me,yet these clips typically are. Another example is what comes out of Crailtap video wise to webwise

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2018, 10:38:03 AM »
Bumping because I almost missed this.  Marathon lines are one of my favorite things in skateboarding for sure.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot