Author Topic: Jerry Hsu on 917?  (Read 12903 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: Jerry Hsu on 917?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
There's a short clip of him cheering Aidan Mackay in the 917 video, after he ollies a roof gap and ollies off the roof. He could have been filming a "welcome to the team" part for a while. But, i'm unsure if that's Olson's style.

I thought that was the best clip in his whole part.

Pappy Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
There's a short clip of him cheering Aidan Mackay in the 917 video, after he ollies a roof gap and ollies off the roof. He could have been filming a "welcome to the team" part for a while. But, i'm unsure if that's Olson's style.
[close]

Olson's style seems like it's never fully disclosing who is on the team to begin with. Remember how much we had to guess who was even on up until the release of their vid? Unfortunately there's prob no real easy way to confirm this.
confirmed

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Jerry and Marc together again. 2018
[close]

I wonder if that rumor about MJ trying to recreate 101 thing is true...

I wonder.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 04:36:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Please no.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 07:18:07 PM »
I wanna see him on BAKER

Killyoureself4000

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 08:29:16 PM »
Yall are fuckin wack as hell

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
Alex tried to get Jerry on after he quit Enjoi. I don't think he fits that well, but its interesting how well Olson has done after looking/being protrayed as a spoiled brat for quitting Girl and then 3D in like a 2 month span. 917 has put together a pretty sick team, Max Palmer is amazing.

Could be true. To be honest he's never really seemed that involved with the crailtap family

In his Boys of Summer footage you saw him casually filming with Rickk (Darkslide ender), but its pretty clear he was more friends with MJ than the Crailtap fam. Although, does that crew even really exist anymore? They have current riders and such (and tried to label the Trunk Boyz as such). Pretty much everyone who defined that family vibe of Crailtap is gone and/or off doing their own thing. Jeron owns part of Diamond and focuses on that, Tony Ferguson is focusing on his shoe company, Meza left for Vice, McCrank is focusing on Vice, Scott Johnston moved on, Mike York is long gone, BA, Koston, Gino, and Guy left. The only OG who helped define the company who is somewhat active is Chico, but I think he also focuses mostly on his side business. Now it is more a company than a family.

IHOP

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:26 AM »
Alex tried to get Jerry on after he quit Enjoi. I don't think he fits that well, but its interesting how well Olson has done after looking/being protrayed as a spoiled brat for quitting Girl and then 3D in like a 2 month span. 917 has put together a pretty sick team, Max Palmer is amazing.

Not to say 917 isnt good and alex isnt doing great with his two companies, but he didnt hand pick a team of random unknowns.  Johnny wilson and crew had already made a grip of videos that all had a following underground and in the industry.  He just gave them more of a platform, which in turn gave his brand an image.  Without the team johnny wilson sort of built 917 is like a more palatable skate mental, no direction just rip offs.

917 definitely has more of an image now after the video, but thats what, 3 years after the first drop of product?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 05:19:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not to say 917 isnt good and alex isnt doing great with his two companies, but he didnt hand pick a team of random unknowns.  Johnny wilson and crew had already made a grip of videos that all had a following underground and in the industry.  He just gave them more of a platform, which in turn gave his brand an image.  Without the team johnny wilson sort of built 917 is like a more palatable skate mental, no direction just rip offs.

917 definitely has more of an image now after the video, but thats what, 3 years after the first drop of product?

And what exactly is 917s image? Overpriced bodega graphic hipster garbage? Yeah the team fucking rips but 917 is fucking lame just like Frog. No fucking image at all. Just bogus crap that fucking idiots think is “art”.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »
how is aidan the new york champ? kid is from california

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Olson's style seems like it's never fully disclosing who is on the team to begin with. Remember how much we had to guess who was even on up until the release of their vid? Unfortunately there's prob no real easy way to confirm this.

Someone here's gotta be a Euro TM or at least know one.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »

Woah...guess we didn't have to wait for the Euro TM after all.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 08:56:30 AM »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:04 AM »

Woah...guess we didn't have to wait for the Euro TM after all.
SHARP

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
big if true

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 06:56:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How can you try to  recreate 101, With out actually recreating it ?? Dwindle has already started reissuing it. Plus Dill & Gino are F.A

Rumor Squashed
Do You even Street Style ???

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
Heard they can’t afford a Jerry type salary, not when you have to support your dad. Just what i heard at the food court line at the local galleria while i was looking at art on the wall listening to early techno
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And what exactly is 917s image? Overpriced bodega graphic hipster garbage? Yeah the team fucking rips but 917 is fucking lame just like Frog. No fucking image at all. Just bogus crap that fucking idiots think is “art”.

wow, you ok man? Do you need to see somebody?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey man, I smell what they're steppin' in. A lot of 917 and FA's art is kinda uninspired, some are direct copy pastes or heavily influenced off something that already existed. Compare that to early 90s McKee and Cliver stuff and it can pretty easily make any die-hard lifer skating fan a bit bitter.

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
you just watched the Dill bobshirt episode right?

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2018, 10:48:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey man, I smell what they're steppin' in. A lot of 917 and FA's art is kinda uninspired, some are direct copy pastes or heavily influenced off something that already existed. Compare that to early 90s McKee and Cliver stuff and it can pretty easily make any die-hard lifer skating fan a bit bitter.
I agree with you. I really like FAs school picture boards but the rest of it is just eh. It's cool but I wouldn't buy it.

KirkGK

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2018, 01:53:46 AM »
how is aidan the new york champ? kid is from california
You can be champion of a place and not come from there, like when Europeans play in the NFL.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2018, 10:31:41 AM »
I just bought Jerrys zine 'Follow the White Rabbit Neo' and I feel as if he owes me 10 bucks
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
It's well known already but I just felt like reiterating that Stoop Kid is a terrible poster. Also it's not gonna happen but Jerry on Isle would be so sick

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Killyoureself4000

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

*Yall all

RESPECT.

YALL ALL FUCKIN WACK

Pigeon

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

*Yall all
[close]

RESPECT.

YALL ALL FUCKIN WACK
Thanks. You too, sugar-tits.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

*Yall all
[close]

RESPECT.

YALL ALL FUCKIN WACK

*killyourself

KirkGK

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2018, 02:10:36 AM »
It's well known already but I just felt like reiterating that Stoop Kid is a terrible poster. Also it's not gonna happen but Jerry on Isle would be so sick
Dreams will be dreams :'(

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 08:15:30 PM »
i saw him at frog park like a month ago and he was wearing a hockey shirt and had a FA board.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 08:16:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Please no.

isnt 101 already "back" and owned by those scummy punk portland heads?

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.